armortec900power, ti-10 or arcsaber10??

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by alwayslolzzz, Oct 27, 2009.

1. alwayslolzzz

alwayslolzzz Regular Member

student
    hi i am new here, nice to meet u guys
    i am torn between these 3 racquets:crying:,i will explain my style of play.
    i am more of an agrassive player although i canonly last bout 17 points of a rubber game playing singles, i am a hard smasher but i need a bit of control too because while playing doubles(i play mostly doubles) most people who knows my style will trap me in the front, i will be traped in front like 75%of a game in the end up setting up the game there. i use to only hit hard but ever since being trapped in front for most of the game my game there has also improved and now i make the best of playing both in front and at the back. but personally, i still like hitting it hard at the back

please help me:crying:

ps: sorry to sound cocky, but it seems that i am the 1 setting the game for me or my partner to kill but i make like 90% of the mistakes too.thats why control is also very important for me but not as important as power. i am currently using nanospeed5k

#1 alwayslolzzz, Oct 27, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2009
  2. Badmintan

Badmintan Regular Member

I tried and owned a NS5000 before, gave up due to lack of power, not really a smasher's racquet. Good in control and defense though.

Trap as in dropshot beats you? In doubles if you smash at the back, your partner must go forward aggressively to kill the shuttle, so it's your partner's fault if you smash and the opponent just drop back straight at you.

Probably Ti-10 is better for you since you play a lot of doubles and like to smash, it is also good for defense. Ti-10 for sure is better than NS5K in terms of smash. Arc 10 is a good choice as well but you have to pay about $100 more. Same as AT900P.

3. huangxl

huangxl Regular Member

Student
    Armortec 900 Technique might be better. Sufficient power and better control at the net. Armortec has better frame stability than Arc10. Ti 10 net play not nice the feel.

4. alwayslolzzz

student
    different meaning

when i said i get traped in front means my opponents hardly lifts the shuttle to me, and i get forced top play in front as a front man. would a nanospeed9000 or nanospeed 9900 be a good option?

#4 alwayslolzzz, Oct 27, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2009
  5. Badmintan

Badmintan Regular Member

You should enjoy playing front, lots of fun, basically get to tap/netkill your opponent if you're fast. Imagine if you have an opportunity to smash near the net, virtuallly unreturnable.

Both of the NS are pretty good as well.

6. y_o_n_e_x_m_a_n

y_o_n_e_x_m_a_n Regular Member

go for Ti 10 (2nd Gen) if you can still find the racket in the market :D

7. alwayslolzzz

student
    my coach just advised me on buying my next racquet. he said to not stray too far from what i'm using now so a nanospeed would be ok. after some research it would either be ns7700,ns9000 or ns6000(though very unlikely).

any suggestions?coz i am used to using a more flexible shaft though i am willing to change my technique if using a much stiffer racquet will give me ALOT MORE power, then i'l buy a ns9000. but if the gain in power isn't that great then i will play safe by buying a ns7700. ns6000 seems like it doest give more power than the other 2 racquets......

8. TedTheFarmer

TedTheFarmer Regular Member

Well, I have tried out an AT900Power and it seems to be a favourable racquet for aggresive doubles play, I also own an Arcsaber10 and to be perfectly honest, I find it fairly average in doubles.

9. alwayslolzzz

student
    how bout the nanospeed racquets i mantioned?

10. jaynjay

jaynjay Regular Member

I have all three. IMO, for double, Ti10>ARC10>AT900P, and for single ARC10>Ti10>AT900P.

11. TedTheFarmer

TedTheFarmer Regular Member

Well, I haven't tried the nanospeed racquets myself, but they're really expensive and you really need to know what you want to get your money's worth with those. The armortec900 racquets both power and technique are very popular in doubles but dont really boast much for singles play. If you just need a good racquet for now I'd recommend one of those Armortec900 racquets.

12. y_o_n_e_x_m_a_n

since you said you play mostly doubles, then Ti 10 is for you :D

13. gancy

gancy Regular Member

TE
    Is victor sw35 good for double game?

14. dawei94

dawei94 Regular Member

Student
    I have an NS5000, I thought the NS9000S was excellent for a front player in doubles, although if you have a really strong forearm NS9000X might be better

15. alwayslolzzz

student
    well now at900power is out of the question. just tried it and don't really like it. my mind is still fixed on nanospeed7700 coz its more flexible. ti-10is still an option but i heard that it needs to be used like a pro or u won't get much out of it.

16. y_o_n_e_x_m_a_n

use it and become a pro :D

17. alwayslolzzz

student
    haha, i wish.
    well i just bought a ti-10 3rd gen. hope i don't regret. does it have enough control???

18. thejym

thejym Regular Member

In my opinion, net play is not dependent on the racket but on the string and string tension. It's not like your racket stiffness or balance will really affect the outcome of your net shot per se. However, stiffness and balance are huge factors when it comes to an overhead stroke.

I think that "control" is a term that can only be applied to a person. It doesn't make sense to me that a racket can have "control", but rather that a person can have control over the racket and shuttle. The proper string and string tension can provide the player with more control (another way of saying this is that the player can control shots better with a certain string combo), but it really depends on whether the player in fact has the skills to control their shots.

19. alwayslolzzz

student
    i am stringing it at 26 or 27 lb. i don;t now coz the guy at the shiop told me his method of stringing a racquet is different and this method he uses willbe a bit thighter. i told the guy to string it at 25 and he told me it would be equivalent to 26 to bout 27 compared to other places.

20. y_o_n_e_x_m_a_n

how much you bought? :D

where? :D

from the internet, someone in Malaysia was selling for RM 440 for Ti 10 3rd Gen (racket only) :eek: