Where can I get this book

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by Wonderkiz, Nov 7, 2002.

1. Wonderkiz

Wonderkiz New Member

Hi, I am a new member and come to this forum to learn and get info. I have found this forum very helpful ...

A while ago, Cheung has recommended a book by Han Jian on "The Basic Skills of Badminton". The book was published by a Malaysian publisher.

I have wanted to get a copy of the book for my daughter, 9 years old, and she has sort of started playing badminton for a couple of years, and above all, me, of course. I have made some inquiries with the sports store or the chain book store in Toronto about this book with no success.

I wonder if anyone managed to get hold of this book in North America and if so, where can I get it?

If any of the members from Malaysia can help, I would greatly appreciate that. I would, of course, be more than willing to pay in advance for the cost of the book, as well as the shipping and handling charges.

I have sent a prior request to Joanne (not knowing or more probably overlooking her age, at the time) and have probably scared the hell out of her, for which I owe her an apology :(

Thanks for your time.

Kwong
    Toronto, Ontario

2. Winex West Can

Winex West Can Regular Member

Hi Tech
  3. Nick

Nick Regular Member

Racquet Services
    lol i actually have the book. It's actually a very well published book with very helpful stances, drills and strokes. I purchased the book from malaysia. Hey maybe we can have a book review section sometime in the future. :D If you like Kwong your more than welcomed to make photocopies of pages you need or if you like you can borrow it for a period of time.

Cheers,
    Nick

4. Nick

Nick Regular Member

Racquet Services
    The book is by Han Jian and is written with Ooi Lay Beng and is sponsored by ae, milo, the star, pelikan and proace.

Cheers,
    Nick

5. Wonderkiz

Wonderkiz New Member

Nick, wow ... that's wonderful. Actually, I meant to email you as well ... I read that you sort of go back and forth between Toronto and Malaysia ... and you got some good training there ... I was hoping that maybe you could get me one on your next trip to Malaysia, whenever that is. But after what I did to Joanne (no offence to you, Joanne :) ), I didn't want to be seen as being too aggressive ....

It would be great if I could borrow the book from you :) Is there any convenient place we can meet? If you'd like me to come over to the place where you play your badminton games, I'd be more than happy to do it ...

Sounds like that I travelled a bit too far for help when the help was actually right at the doorstep :) Thanks again.

Kwong

6. Nick

Nick Regular Member

Racquet Services
    I play at rosemount and george brown but not very frequently because i train mainly at York University gym and the track centre. Hmmm.... what clubs do you attend? i can simply drop it by if you like. You maybe on the way to my mom's place. As for getting you a copy the next time would be either this january or the coming summer. I travel to see my dad and brother. My brother maybe coming up on january if he is i'll be sure to get him to get you a copy of Han Jian book. But for now your more than welcomed to borrow it. Just give me some info on place you play etc. If that doesn't work we can just find a mutual get together place i.e. Mcdonald's lol :D.

Cheers,
    Nick

7. Wonderkiz

Wonderkiz New Member

Nick, I'll send u a PM with my phone no. I work at Yonge/Bloor and live in Scarborough. Whatever is best for you will work fine for me.

I have been playing badminton "seriously" only for a few years. By seriously, lol ... I actually meant to say that I am playing more on a recreational basis and for the fun of it. It's a good work out ... I have not played in any open competition because skillwise, I know I am way too far from that kind of games, and agewise, I am past the middle age crisis, so in reality there is little energy left in me for any serious game ....:D

I don't really belong to any club ... well, that's not quite true, actually I just joined a Badminton Social Club, where most of the players are beginners .... and other than that, I normally play in the community centre in Scarborough, twice a week, on the weekends - the "pay as you play" type ....

Kwong