Whatever happened to the BC articles?

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Gollum, Oct 28, 2009.

1. Gollum

Gollum Regular Member

A while back, BC had quite a few articles on various subjects. Where did they go?

I'm talking about the area of the website where my old grips guide was hosted, and that backhand article by Eugene Kumekawa.

My old grips guide is no real loss, as I have a much better one now on my website. But the other articles seemed worth preserving. You can find some of them on other sites, but no longer here on BC. :(

On a related note, the BC banner still has non-functioning navigation ("knowledge base - forum - news - reviews - gallery"), which must confuse the bejeezus out of any new visitors. ;)

2. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

#2 ctjcad, Oct 28, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2009
  3. Gollum

Gollum Regular Member

Note: I think I've put this in the wrong forum. Sorry. :eek:

Sure, you can get them on the Way Back Machine, but I don't understand the reason for their disappearing from BC in the first place.

As far as I can gather, kwun decided to narrow the focus of BC from a portal site (news, articles, reviews...) to a forum. That makes sense, as it's less work than constantly updating a portal site.

But is it really necessary to throw away substantial existing content (the old articles), just to make a "clean break"? Could we not keep the old articles, with no commitment to add new ones?

It's a bit like Lee Jae Bok's inexplicable decision to delete ibbs.tv. I understand why he would stop adding new content, but why delete the existing stuff?

And what about the BC banner itself, which is a non-functioning nav item?

4. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^Dear G..^^

For your 1st, 2nd (you slightly got the possible answer/reason there), 3rd and 5th points, you can refer to this thread and follow the discussion/posts:
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73527

For the 4th point, maybe Mr. Lee simply doesn't have the funding to keep all the vids. Or he simply doesn't want to deal with it any longer. Or doesn't have anyone else to help him maintain the website??:confused:

5. Gollum

Gollum Regular Member

Thanks for the link. I don't think that discussion really addresses the issue, but it's probably a more appropriate place to continue my comments -- so I shall head over there. :)

6. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^Yeah, that thread..^^

..doesn't fully cover the issue/what you are inquiring abt, but the subsequent posts sort of mention the possible reason(s) why BC is where it's at now...and/or why it's gone strictly in the Discussion Forum mode direction..