User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hope they're available in yellow and as durable as regular plastics or even better. feather just doesn't last long and cost way too much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by taneepak View Post
    Of course it will not come close if at all. Natural feathers have natural oils and toughness as well as resilience in both the feathers and shafts that plastics cannot make. Plastics will still collapse at the skirt when hit hard if they are made to lift or fly at all. If the plastics shafts are to be as tough and yet as resileint as feathers' shafts, they will be too thick. Just cut a cross-section of a grade A+ goose feather's shaft and look through with a microscope.
    synthetic products are meant to replicate performance, not compositional make-up or material source. Ask yourself, why don't you use cat gut string at 22 lbs, leather overgrip, wood racket, dragonfly shoes to match up to the same era when feather shuttles were first played??
    Last edited by cooler; 11-01-2009 at 01:11 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

heres the translated version. just use the google translate on top of the page.

http://translate.google.com/translat...G1GGLQ_ENUS256

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the translation. The shuttle looks even more promising now that i understand it better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has anyone tried it yet? :O

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

25 dollars a tube??? Really? I hate the weak USD. Well if it's flight is equal to AS50/Aeroplane top grade (forgot if it's eg or bg) then it's worth it. Anything worse, I'll have to really really think about it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by singnflip4life View Post
    25 dollars a tube??? Really? I hate the weak USD. Well if it's flight is equal to AS50/Aeroplane top grade (forgot if it's eg or bg) then it's worth it. Anything worse, I'll have to really really think about it.
    well, currently MSRP of mavis 300 cost range already comparable to AS20 to AS30 sticky price.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizuno
    One game "Pre-Intermediate (Junior high) level" of consumption in the shuttle when the shuttle is about 3-5 pieces natural, NS300 will be about 1-2 in total. In other words, NS300 natural compared to the shuttle, has about three times the size of durability.
    Let do the math, durability ratio
    3 to 5 / 1 to 2 = 2.67

Mavis's durability (my estimate of 1 mavis lasting 2 games)
    3/.5 = 6

mavis300/ns300 = 2.25

ns300 better be 2 times better than mavis 300 or it won't fly off the shelf.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    well, currently MSRP of mavis 300 cost range already comparable to AS20 to AS30 sticky price.

3 to 5 / 1 to 2 = 2.67

3/.5 = 6

mavis300/ns300 = 2.25

Durability is not the be-all and end-all. A plastic's similarity in performance to that of a standard feathered shuttle is also an important consideration, which is why squash balls aren't used in club training sessions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post

3 to 5 / 1 to 2 = 2.67

3/.5 = 6

mavis300/ns300 = 2.25

Quote Originally Posted by Destricto_Ense View Post
    Durability is not the be-all and end-all. A plastic's similarity in performance to that of a standard feathered shuttle is also an important consideration, which is why squash balls aren't used in club training sessions.
    let me clarify my math.
    the comparison was for plastic vs plastic.
    the durability comparative ratio (an estimate) was 2.25x better in favor of mavis 300

In order for ns300 to fly off the shelf, it better be +2.25X better in other atrributes, ie. feel and flight (except natural oil), over mavis 300, ok?

The whole point of improving a plastic shuttle is on feel and flight comparable to feather. Making a plastic shuttle to last longer than mavis is not mizuno's objective. That's why when i say better than mavis, i mean the other attributies
    Last edited by cooler; 11-03-2009 at 09:01 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An expert noted that it has some issues for pro players. NS300 comes at 10th of January is not endorsed by the official institutes and expected to be used for elementary to middle school players.

But it seems very promissing. They are expecting to sell 36000 tubes next year and will keep research for the next level.

I would need it for the cold winter season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by indyko View Post
    An expert noted that it has some issues for pro players. NS300 comes at 10th of January is not endorsed by the official institutes and expected to be used for elementary to middle school players.

But it seems very promissing. They are expecting to sell 36000 tubes next year and will keep research for the next level.

I would need it for the cold winter season.
    governing body like bwf is much of conservative fogies, they don't like to rock the boat. Secondly, they are too lazy and/or too poor to do their own independent assessment on any new products. They govern by consensus. If they see massive acceptance, then they'll look into it. They follow, not lead.
    Last edited by cooler; 11-04-2009 at 09:38 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't want to get my hopes up but i hope in a year or so when they've improved the design we might start to see them in Europe...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Mizuno NS300 is available now in Japan.
    http://www.mizuno.jp/badminton/shuttle/

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finally! A feather-like plastic! I would be very keen indeed to see how these stand up. They will probably reach EU by 2056, so there should be plenty of data...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd be very skeptical indeed...
    If you're going to design a synthetic shuttle, you need to look at the mechanical properties of the materials you are using, and come up with a design based on that.

You can't just take an existing design (ie. the feather shuttle), and replace the materials with others possessing completely different properties, and expect it to work the same.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sketchy View Post
    You can't just take an existing design (ie. the feather shuttle), and replace the materials with others possessing completely different properties, and expect it to work the same.
    One would like to think that they did more Research & Development than that.
    However, there probably isn't a whole lot of money in designing plastic badminton shuttles, no matter how good they are.

Something tells me that this shuttle development has gotten this far because of the the boardroom eloquence of some passionate designers at Mizuno , rather than the recommendation of the Chief Financial Officer's staff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Destricto_Ense View Post
    I was disappointed by the M2000P. I always thought there must be some reason for plastic shuttles not directly imitating the look of feathers - it seems such an obvious concept.

oh so true...has anyone know if they tried but failed miserably and why!??!?!?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast