User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 35 to 51 of 64
  1. #35
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hola4 View Post
    This kind of plastic feather shuttlecock had been patterned in the 80's. Not sure Mizuno has purchased the pattern right from the pple or they will put themselve into trouble. If it really launch into the market, say goodbye to feather shuttlecock soon.
    no need to buy, patent usually expires in 18-20 years. 1980+20=2010

    actually, prince came out with a replaceable feather shuttlecock in the early 1990's.
    Last edited by cooler; 04-05-2010 at 11:42 AM.

  2. #36
    Regular Member hola4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    SINGAPORE
    Posts
    946
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    no need to buy, patent usually expires in 18-20 years. 1980+20=2010

    actually, prince came out with a replaceable feather shuttlecock in the early 1990's.

    Haha...Good try....This patent come from Taiwan and filing in 08.08.80 (Triple 8 mean Good Luck in Chinese). Below is a publication of patent. Didn't go through the whole doc but the Fig.3 is interesting as compare to Mizuno N300. Hopefully, I can get some N300 during my trip to Japan in June.

    http://www.freepatentsonline.com/EP0045825.pdf

  3. #37
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    6,527
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Should you get one of the new plastic shuttle don't be fooled by the similarity of their appearance with real feathers.
    Just get a magnifying glass and examine the shaft cross-section, the barbs and the barbules.
    The real feather has a hollow and complex shaft (examine the cross-section), real barbs that link together with each other by hooks on the barbules.
    The next-generation plastic is a fake under a magnifying glass. It has no hollow and complex shaft, no barbs, no barbules.

  4. #38
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hola4 View Post
    Haha...Good try....This patent come from Taiwan and filing in 08.08.80 (Triple 8 mean Good Luck in Chinese). Below is a publication of patent. Didn't go through the whole doc but the Fig.3 is interesting as compare to Mizuno N300. Hopefully, I can get some N300 during my trip to Japan in June.

    http://www.freepatentsonline.com/EP0045825.pdf
    hahahah, thx for the digging
    Too bad the patent owner sat on his design hoping the big boys would knock on his door for business.

  5. #39
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by taneepak View Post
    Should you get one of the new plastic shuttle don't be fooled by the similarity of their appearance with real feathers.
    Just get a magnifying glass and examine the shaft cross-section, the barbs and the barbules.
    The real feather has a hollow and complex shaft (examine the cross-section), real barbs that link together with each other by hooks on the barbules.
    The next-generation plastic is a fake under a magnifying glass. It has no hollow and complex shaft, no barbs, no barbules.
    u forgot about that special feather's natural oil

  6. #40
    Regular Member jhirata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Wellington, New Zealand, New Z
    Posts
    2,488
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    u forgot about that special feather's natural oil
    Lol. Yes indeed.

    I'll quote the site:
    NS300は初中級者(主に中学生以下)を対象としています。
    スイングスピードの速い上級者や力の強いプレイヤーが使用した場合、適正な飛翔性能や耐久性が発揮されませ ん。 (スマッシュ等で強打した場合、減速せず伸びてしまうなど)
    "The NS300 is designed for beginners or intermediate players, specifically players in middle-school and below. If an advanced player or a player with a fast swing-speed uses the shuttle, the shuttle's flight path and durability wont be of good quality (Especially on smashes, the shuttle may not decelerate and fly too far)."

    It's just another plastic shuttle, but with the feather-look..

  7. #41
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    london
    Posts
    26
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    no need to buy, patent usually expires in 18-20 years. 1980+20=2010

    actually, prince came out with a replaceable feather shuttlecock in the early 1990's.
    i still have a tube of that lol bought it for 1 pound and the shuttles were BRAND NEW but didnt last very long, 2-3 sessions and all were done

  8. #42
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    112
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jhirata View Post
    Lol. Yes indeed.

    I'll quote the site:

    "The NS300 is designed for beginners or intermediate players, specifically players in middle-school and below. If an advanced player or a player with a fast swing-speed uses the shuttle, the shuttle's flight path and durability wont be of good quality (Especially on smashes, the shuttle may not decelerate and fly too far)."

    It's just another plastic shuttle, but with the feather-look..

    Such an important point yet eluded all, till now!

    /thread!

  9. #43
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Ireland.
    Posts
    1,236
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The above could be said about all plastic shuttles though, what is of interest is whether the NS300 narrows that gap between plastic and feather performance.

  10. #44
    Regular Member jhirata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Wellington, New Zealand, New Z
    Posts
    2,488
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Destricto_Ense View Post
    The above could be said about all plastic shuttles though, what is of interest is whether the NS300 narrows that gap between plastic and feather performance.
    Supposedly, yes.. for "beginners or intermediate players, specifically players in middle-school and below" because Mizuno says it is four times more durable than standard feather shuttle cocks ( if used by beginners ? ) and it supposedly "narrows that gap between plastic and feather performance".

    Four times more durable than standard feather shuttle cocks if used by beginners but what if hard hitters use it. 1~2x durability but with plastic-ish performance?

  11. #45
    Regular Member ya4dang1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    50
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    As Mizuno said, the NS300 is for "beginners or intermediate players". Definately not suitable for sort of TC700, AT700, SW35 users.

    Mizuno did not design it that way. It is simply because the current technology is the bottleneck. I would say this is a milestone of shuttlecock technology advancement.

    Why don't we stop complaining and wait for the next big thing?

  12. #46
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    MALAYSIA
    Posts
    39
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I used NS300 before. The flight is consistent but i dont like the sound when hitting the shuttle. It sounds like the string has snapped. It can last for few games (21 pt).

  13. #47
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    76
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BJOOI View Post
    I used NS300 before. The flight is consistent but i dont like the sound when hitting the shuttle. It sounds like the string has snapped. It can last for few games (21 pt).
    So, besides the sound, comparing with YY Mavis 300, would you consider it a decent shuttle?

  14. #48
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ace9988 View Post
    i still have a tube of that lol bought it for 1 pound and the shuttles were BRAND NEW but didnt last very long, 2-3 sessions and all were done
    did u save the base cork/skirt assembly?

  15. #49
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    6,527
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    There is no such thing as a good plastic shuttle despite big claims of a new generation of plastics that play like feathers. No plastics play close to feathers; and that includes this so-called new generation of plastics from Mizuno.
    Plastics are so bad they bring up a generation of new badminton players who cannot execute the correct stroke-making techniques.
    North America is probably the biggest market for plastic shuttles. It also has perhaps the lowest badminton standard. The two are like twins. Plastics kill the beautiful game.
    Dont let misguided people or advertisements lead you to a fool's paradise.

  16. #50
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by taneepak View Post
    There is no such thing as a good plastic shuttle despite big claims of a new generation of plastics that play like feathers. No plastics play close to feathers; and that includes this so-called new generation of plastics from Mizuno.
    Plastics are so bad they bring up a generation of new badminton players who cannot execute the correct stroke-making techniques.
    North America is probably the biggest market for plastic shuttles. It also has perhaps the lowest badminton standard. The two are like twins. Plastics kill the beautiful game.
    Dont let misguided people or advertisements lead you to a fool's paradise.

    here some facts u keep ignoring, good players are good because they're good, regardless what kind of shuttles they use. A 'C' feather player will play like a 'C' plastic player. Same goes for level A, B, D, E players as well. North amercians play more plastic because badminton isn't big here so more of us are beginners who play for recreational reason and do not want to to pro, not because plastic shuttles are holding those players back.

    It is plastic shuttle manufacturers who claim their plastic play like feathers for marketing purpose. We plastic players never claim plastic play like feathers. In fact, plastic players are more adapted to play both feather and plastic. It is the feather players like u who become hopeless when playing plastic shuttles. Who is more skillful?

  17. #51
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,992
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    here some facts u keep ignoring, good players are good because they're good, regardless what kind of shuttles they use. A 'C' feather player will play like a 'C' plastic player. Same goes for level A, B, D, E players as well. North amercians play more plastic because badminton isn't big here so more of us are beginners who play for recreational reason and do not want to to pro, not because plastic shuttles are holding those players back.

    It is plastic shuttle manufacturers who claim their plastic play like feathers for marketing purpose. We plastic players never claim plastic play like feathers. In fact, plastic players are more adapted to play both feather and plastic. It is the feather players like u who become hopeless when playing plastic shuttles. Who is more skillful?
    You are invalidating your own arguments.. first you say player skill are not depending on shuttle type used, then you turn around to say feather players are "hopeless when playing plastic shuttles".. I think you are contradicting yourself.. That said, I do agree that plastic shuttle use in west/us is a symptom not a cause of poor badminton culture and players lack of ambition to play the game competively..

    /Twobeer

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. FS: Nanospeed 9900 2UG5, Ti-10 Third generation 3UG5, Ti-10 First generation 3UG5, (GTA)
    By blindfury in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 19
    : 11-25-2010, 06:37 PM
  2. Where can i buy cheap yonex plastic shuttlecock?
    By TheHalfAMan in forum Shuttlecock
    Replies: 3
    : 03-22-2010, 02:11 AM
  3. [Question] Best plastic shuttlecock?
    By trancemode in forum Shuttlecock
    Replies: 8
    : 03-31-2009, 04:53 PM
  4. What is the best plastic shuttlecock?
    By schwab in forum Shuttlecock
    Replies: 20
    : 09-01-2008, 04:09 PM
  5. ProAce J101 plastic shuttlecock
    By cards_pro in forum Shuttlecock
    Replies: 0
    : 01-12-2006, 12:04 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •