Buying badminton specific side supports...

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Laowai, Oct 29, 2009.

1. Laowai

Laowai Regular Member

I am interested in buying some badminton specific side supports similar or the same as used on the ES5 pro (the ones used in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euSBZVcytbg&feature=related) My current side supports are made to support all racquet types. They do the good well enough but they can stop you clamping next to the frame with a fixed clamp on the last main when tying off (have to use a flying clamp). Also, I wouldn't mind seeing if such a side support would support the racquet a bit better. My machine is a spinfire blaze which is similar to the alpha apex

I have had a look at AEF sports but I find their website a bit confusing. Also, I have emailed a distributor of the ES5 pro but they do not sell the parts separately. I very much doubt the Australian Yonex distributor would be able to help either. Any ideas?

2. maa2003

maa2003 Regular Member

I ever asked this question to member here who bought stringing machine which has similar side-support to Yonex ES5Pro. That time I asked whether the machine come with side-support for badminto, ..... and that time he/she said that it is OK with current side-support.

I don't think so AEF sells the side-support, but you may try and if they sell, please update here.

thanks

3. Laowai

Laowai Regular Member

That was me! As I said, they do the job fine. If I can get badminton specific side supports without spending too much money I will though.

4. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
  5. Laowai

Laowai Regular Member

Unfortunately I do not think that the type of side support can be used with my machine. My side supports/mounting system is similar to the ES5 Pro or Alpha apex. I would have thought somewhere would sell this type of side support separately... will have to keep looking.