advice plz at700

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by jockey, Oct 29, 2009.

1. jockey

jockey Regular Member

UCT student
    i want to get an at 700 in 4u g4 version but i'm wondering if the gain in weight is useful or will this only make my racket less solid.:confused:
    should i get the 3ug4 version. i'm a singles offensive player and i striing @ 22*24lbs bg80. would u recomend the at 25o ltd for doubles play (its the only racket i could find in south africa for a reasonable price).:D:D

thanks.

2. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

The 3U version is actually the heavier one. As for the weight gain what you gain out of the racquet is hitting impact stability; the 3U Armortecs have better stability than the 4U due to more materials placed at the frame making it slightly thicker. This also allows you to string the racquet to higher tensions if you choose to without much worries, although the 4U version can still safely withstand (during stringing and under normal conditions) tensions of 28lbs to 32lbs (3U perhaps 34lbs to 36lbs), although I personally have not tried it. Just don't think about mistreating the racquet at high tension! A simple mishit or light clash may kill the frame straight away at high tensions, especially for the 4U. 24lbs is normal, both the 4U and the 3U versions can take it without problems.

On the other hand if you prefer to play your game light, agile and fast, then the 4U version may make better sense to you. Lastly if you don't care about the collectibility issue of the 250LTD then get it for your doubles games. You have to remember that the AT250 is not one of Yonex's top range model so don't expect it to match the AT700.

3. jockey

jockey Regular Member

UCT student
    thanks blitzz. i'm aware that the at250 is not as good as at700 but i'll use it for doubles (where clashes are more likely). i would not risk my at700 in doubles.

i'm also considering ns8000 and ns9000x for my singles game. i'm an upper intermediate player being coached and improving. i know that these high end rackets may not suit me but i'm getting a discount so i'll take one of these.....

which would be best for singles (offensive): ns8000 , ns9000x or at700??

thanks for all the advice, really helps.

4. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

The NS8000 and NS9000X are designed for players who rely on speed and placement techniques as their main game strategies. Unless if you have the wrist power and adequate "arm flick" technique then you should be able to smash properly with either Nanospeed. The Armortecs are designed to aid in smashing but if you're not comfortable with the head heaviness then you probably won't be agile enough to defend properly with it.

I own the NS9900 which I see as a combination of the improvements on both said Nanospeeds and the AT700. I personally find the AT700 easier to smash with when turning on the offensive play while with the NS9900 I find that I can push the racquet more technique and power wise to achieve higher smash speeds. Placement is easier with the Nanospeed while deceptive flicks seem easier to me with the Armortec. Offensive play can be of either strategies I mentioned above; it is not all just "smash smash smash".

It will ultimately depend on your playing standard. Only you are able to judge yourself in this aspect. Although if you have the money then it doesn't hurt to own the racquets you have in mind and give them all a try to find out your true playstyle.