help needed from experts to find the right apacs racket.

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by texin7, Oct 30, 2009.

1. texin7

texin7 Regular Member

student
    hey guys,:). im new to bc.always came here to search.and finaly had the courage to join bc.im looking for a new racket to replace my yonex isometric 90vf.im more of a doubles player who love playing technical shots than hard smashes.i just got a new apacs nano900 (white) and not realy liking the feel of it compared to my old racket.may be due to tension on string difference.old one was 20lbs and new apacs is strung at 24lbs.but i used my mates yonex aromortec 900 power strung at 24 and really liked using it.unfortunatly too expensive 4 me to afford tho.can u guys please recommend me any rackets?prefarably apacs.visible hollow1800,lethal 60 or tantrum200?and the tension to use?i will call myself an intermediate player.(if that helps for recommentation).ur replies will b greatly appreciated.
    cheers
    texin

2. texin7

texin7 Regular Member

student
    some1 reply please...waiting to hear ur thoughts..

3. Notnimdab729

Notnimdab729 Regular Member

Deputy General Manager
    Technical shot player

Hi texin7,
    I assume that when u said u are a technical shot player, u are playing most of the placement shots inclusive of defensive and some offensive shots with less hard smashing.;) If u are not an offensive or aggresive player, then u should have choose either a balanced racket or head-light racket for yr double game.
    You may consider apacs lethal 50 or RSL X3 silver. Both give a decent display of aggression and defence. In term of pricing, both rackets are also affordable for many people.;) As for string's tension both racket can be strung more than 24 pounds. Try to borrow from yr friends if in doubt.
    Lee:D

4. texin7

texin7 Regular Member

student
    thanks lee...yes, i am more of a defensive player...but i do play offensive at times...can u tell me which racket will be closer to yonex at900 power out of the 2 apacs rackets?

5. Notnimdab729

Notnimdab729 Regular Member

Deputy General Manager
    suitable racket

Hi texin7,
    I will not compare these two rackets with Yonex AT900P because they are totally different rackets.;) AT900P is a head heavy attacking racket whereas these two rackets are balanced rackets. If u need an attacking racket, then u may choose apacs lethal 60 or RSL Heat 9500 then.
    Lee:)

#5 Notnimdab729, Oct 30, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2009
  6. Vincent604

Vincent604 Regular Member

tantrum 160 is supposed to be identical to at900p.

7. texin7

texin7 Regular Member

student
    so is much difference between tantrum 160 and 200?shouldnt it be similar?is lethal 60 head heavy like at900p?
    thanks
    texin

8. soccer613

soccer613 Regular Member

EE
    Texin,

I have played with Tantrum200, VH1500, AMP90, Lethal60. As you describe yourself like defensive player with placement and deceptive shot, I strongly recommend Tantrum200. It is really all around with lot of power when you needed and well very well control. I always feel "connected" when I hold the Tantrum200. Lethal60 is very powerful, VH1500+AMP are also very decent rackets

Cheers,:):):):):):)

9. texin7

texin7 Regular Member

student
    thanks soccer613, im considering tantrum200 and lethal 60?what is their balance like?head heavy?head light?