User Tag List

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
Results 18 to 34 of 443
  1. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kesultanan Ngayogyakarto Hadiningrat
    Posts
    3,096
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by v-may View Post
    Dian Fitriani reminds me of Yip Pui Yin... she has a small body, but she is very tough and never give up to reach the shuttlecock....
    Can dian fitriani make a jump smash like yip pui yin ??

  2. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kesultanan Ngayogyakarto Hadiningrat
    Posts
    3,096
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Thumbs up After AJC 2010

    The result of AJC this year was not good. But we can not also say that the result was bad too.

    From this AJC, we know that we have a good talent on Ricky Karanda
    beside that, we can also hope on Evert's and Renna's fighting spirit.
    Some BCer say that Renna has a good power, but she need to improve her defence. I hope, she can focus on her defence and break the domination of China's WS someday (4-5 years maybe )

    For Evert, If he could enter final, maybe he could grab the title
    too bad, many bad line call in semifinal I also put hope on this player.
    Actually, I like Andre Marteen so much. I dont know how is his progress now.

    Also Thomi Azizan and Andrew Susanto. Many people say they are good, but they never enter into Final stage of Sirnas. I hope they can be better this year.

    For BD,
    Maybe someone can tell us who are our best bet after Dandi/Jones.
    in Semifinal, MAS BD looks like much better than Dandi/Jones. But I hope they can be better and better....

  3. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    5,893
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fathonezic View Post
    The result of AJC this year was not good. But we can not also say that the result was bad too.

    From this AJC, we know that we have a good talent on Ricky Karanda
    beside that, we can also hope on Evert's and Renna's fighting spirit.
    Some BCer say that Renna has a good power, but she need to improve her defence. I hope, she can focus on her defence and break the domination of China's WS someday (4-5 years maybe )

    For Evert, If he could enter final, maybe he could grab the title
    too bad, many bad line call in semifinal I also put hope on this player.
    Actually, I like Andre Marteen so much. I dont know how is his progress now.

    Also Thomi Azizan and Andrew Susanto. Many people say they are good, but they never enter into Final stage of Sirnas. I hope they can be better this year.

    For BD,
    Maybe someone can tell us who are our best bet after Dandi/Jones.
    in Semifinal, MAS BD looks like much better than Dandi/Jones. But I hope they can be better and better....
    I say our result in the Team event was very encouraging... If Ricky-Della had won 21-19, 21-19 instead of losing 19-21, 19-21, we could have defeated China 3-0... That would have shocked the world!

    My assessment:
    Ricky Karanda... excellent potential! He can play XD way better than average. He needs a good BD and XD partner in Pelatnas.
    Rena Suwarno... so-so talent, nothing special. I don't think she will be a world class challenger.
    Andre Marteen... limited talent, just rely on sheer determination and endurance. Do not hope much from him. He should be a college student; better for him.
    Evert Sukamta... pretty well rounded competitor, but no special weapons. He will have difficulties playing the tough pro-s.
    Thomi Azizan... unusual endurance, no tricks, so-so power. We will have to wait. His best result was winning the U-16 Jakarta Sirnas last year.
    Andrew Susanto... complete technical arsenal, highly intelligent, highly strategic, just very young. We shall have to see whether this 3rd generation badminton dynasty member will fare.

    Let's briefly observe Andrew Susanto's family history:
    1st gen...
    Paternal grandfather: Agus Susanto, INA's Thomas Cup MD player around 1967-70. I think he won the Thomas Cup for INA at least 1 time.
    Paternal grandmother: forgot her name, but she is Liem Swie King's older sister and INA Uber Cup player in the 1960s-70s.
    Paternal grand-uncle: Liem Swie King, 3 time All England champ and 3 time Thomas Cup winner.
    Paternal grand-aunt: I don't know her name, but she is another Liem family member who also represented INA in the Uber cup.

    2nd gen...
    Father: Hermawan Susanto, one of top INA MS during the 1990s. 1992 Olympic bronze medalist, defeated Zhao Jianhua in the Olympics.
    Mother: Sarwendah, top INA WS in between Ivanna Lie's era and Susi Susanti's era. She definitely played in INA's Uber Cup team several times.

    3rd gen...
    Andrew Susanto, the only son of Hermawan and Sarwendah.
    He can potentially be INA's Kenichi Tago who continued his mother's legacy. Kenichi's mom won the All England WD title many years ago.

  4. #21
    Regular Member ctjcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    u.s.a.
    Posts
    19,157
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default off topic-..

    Quote Originally Posted by Krisna View Post
    ... Kenichi's mom won the All England WD title many years ago.
    ..Kenichi's mom (Yoshiko Yonekura) never won the AE title..it was rectified in another thread as some articles had mis-typed his mom's name..

  5. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    5,893
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ..Kenichi's mom (Yoshiko Yonekura) never won the AE title..it was rectified in another thread as some articles had mis-typed his mom's name..
    Oops, sorry... Yoshiko Yonekura was a 2-time-runner-up at the All England. She did help Japan win the Uber Cup 2 times in the 1970s...

  6. #23
    Regular Member miksss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Red Blood-White Bone
    Posts
    11,053
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Need to refresh this thread

    Some good perfomance by our youngster in INA GPG:

    Gideon/Christopher beat Zihan Qiu/Liu Xiaolong.

    Gebby/Tiara beat the CMSS 2010 Finalist Bao Yixin/Lu Lu.

    Some bright future pair from our WD department:
    Geby/Tiara,Suci/Dela,Jenna/Variela.

    Its good to see the 17 y.o Suci/Della already top 50.
    Jenna/Valla already top 50.
    Both pair ranking will rise up significanly after entering QF INA GPG.

    Febriyan can force Andre KT to played rubber.

    Belatrix almost beat Cheng Shao Chieh,lost tightly 19-21 in 3rd set.
    I think Bella has improved.
    Finger cross for Bella in next tourney.

  7. #24
    Regular Member miksss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Red Blood-White Bone
    Posts
    11,053
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Credit must give to the 17 y.o Elizabeth Purwaningtyas,
    I know she is only 161 cm.
    i have read in Tempointeraktif when she crowned Sirnas Tegal title.
    She say that she will prove nothing is imposible.

    In first round of INA GPG,she forced Febe to play rubber.
    She also has beaten Feby Angguni in Ina Challenge last year,then lost to Nitchaon in 3 set.
    Elizabeth lost tightly to Nana in 3 set(1 hour and 15 minutes) in Ina Challenge 2010.

  8. #25
    Regular Member miksss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Red Blood-White Bone
    Posts
    11,053
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by miksss View Post
    Need to refresh this thread

    Some good perfomance by our youngster in INA GPG:

    Gideon/Christopher beat Zihan Qiu/Liu Xiaolong.

    Gebby/Tiara beat the CMSS 2010 Finalist Bao Yixin/Lu Lu.

    Some bright future pair from our WD department:
    Geby/Tiara,Suci/Dela,Jenna/Variela.

    Its good to see the 17 y.o Suci/Della already top 50.
    Jenna/Valla already top 50.
    Both pair ranking will rise up significanly after entering QF INA GPG.

    Febriyan can force Andre KT to played rubber.

    Belatrix almost beat Cheng Shao Chieh,lost tightly 19-21 in 3rd set.
    I think Bella has improved.
    Finger cross for Bella in next tourney.
    Ups sorry type wrong,Jenna/Variella still top 100.
    But they will be top 50 soon.

  9. #26
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kesultanan Ngayogyakarto Hadiningrat
    Posts
    3,096
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by miksss View Post
    Credit must give to the 17 y.o Elizabeth Purwaningtyas,
    I know she is only 161 cm.
    i have read in Tempointeraktif when she crowned Sirnas Tegal title.
    She say that she will prove nothing is imposible.

    In first round of INA GPG,she forced Febe to play rubber.
    She also has beaten Feby Angguni in Ina Challenge last year,then lost to Nitchaon in 3 set.
    Elizabeth lost tightly to Nana in 3 set(1 hour and 15 minutes) in Ina Challenge 2010.
    161 cm ?????
    please check it again...
    ocoy height should not more than 155 cm.

  10. #27
    Regular Member miksss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Red Blood-White Bone
    Posts
    11,053
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fathonezic View Post
    161 cm ?????
    please check it again...
    ocoy height should not more than 155 cm.
    Sure?i read in tempo,its written ocoy is 161 cm..
    So which one correct? 161 or 155?

  11. #28
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kesultanan Ngayogyakarto Hadiningrat
    Posts
    3,096
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by miksss View Post
    Sure?i read in tempo,its written ocoy is 161 cm..
    So which one correct? 161 or 155?
    I have ever asked her, but i am not quite sure coz, i forgot what she said.
    maybe just around 150 cm. elisabeth and dian fitriani are in the same range of height.
    very tiny. you can ask Krisna and Sandy for better info

  12. #29
    Regular Member miksss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Red Blood-White Bone
    Posts
    11,053
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fathonezic View Post
    I have ever asked her, but i am not quite sure coz, i forgot what she said.
    maybe just around 150 cm. elisabeth and dian fitriani are in the same range of height.
    very tiny. you can ask Krisna and Sandy for better info
    Ya need confirmation from Krisna or Sandy,im not so sure.From her face,she is look so fierce.
    Know how renna suwarno play?posture?

  13. #30
    Regular Member miksss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Red Blood-White Bone
    Posts
    11,053
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hope they can make good result in mas ic
    Last edited by miksss; 11-10-2010 at 08:15 AM.

  14. #31
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    5,893
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fathonezic View Post
    161 cm ?????
    please check it again...
    ocoy height should not more than 155 cm.
    Quote Originally Posted by miksss View Post
    Sure?i read in tempo,its written ocoy is 161 cm..
    So which one correct? 161 or 155?
    Quote Originally Posted by fathonezic View Post
    I have ever asked her, but i am not quite sure coz, i forgot what she said.
    maybe just around 150 cm. elisabeth and dian fitriani are in the same range of height.
    very tiny. you can ask Krisna and Sandy for better info
    In my opinion (without ever officially measuring her height), Elizabeth is closer to 155cm than 161cm......

  15. #32
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    india
    Posts
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yes i was looking for what you wrote here !

  16. #33
    Regular Member PoLLuX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bogor, Indonesia
    Posts
    1,423
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Jonathan Christie is on Trans 7 now. He share his experience in Milo Junior Tournament

  17. #34
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    5,893
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    INA has a strong MD talent pool between ages 14-20... Some of them will win medals at the 2016 Olympics in Rio! The Brazilian Badminton fans will get front row seats witnessing their honed prowess by then...

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Indonesia's Juniors~
    By MelvIndonesia in forum Indonesia Professional Players
    Replies: 19
    : 05-26-2011, 01:13 PM
  2. Are there provincials for juniors?
    By LVbeam in forum Canada West
    Replies: 2
    : 04-06-2009, 08:51 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    : 05-19-2008, 11:21 PM
  4. Best Juniors?
    By MelvinMoo in forum Canada East
    Replies: 0
    : 03-01-2008, 04:49 PM
  5. Juniors
    By Sliced Drop in forum General Forum
    Replies: 5
    : 07-06-2004, 11:27 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •