Indonesia Juniors !!

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by fathonezic, Nov 1, 2009.

1. fathonezic

fathonezic Regular Member

Consultant
    When I'm typing this thread, INA grabbed 1 silver and 1 bronze. INA also still try to grab golds from GD and MD in WJC 2009. I think, after a very good display from INA junior players, it's deserve to make a new thread talking specifically about INA youth players. I believe, many people want to know another amazing future players from INA even from Remaja and Pemula Class.

So, from this thread, let us talk about INA juniors, about the future players, their progress, their profile, their prospects and other topics about INA juniors.
    Let us see years ahead, what will they be after we talk about their prospect nowadays in this thread :D:D

Go, Indonesia Juniors !!!

2. nick.h

nick.h Regular Member

student
    thanks for starting this thread!
    currently i fancy INA's MD youngsters squad like yohanes rendy sugiarto/angga pratama and berry/ulin aka BERLIN :D
    they are my biggest hopes to keeping INA's olympic gold medal dream alive!too bad they had to lose in the recent world junior champ...lets hope its the start of tony/halim/sigit/candra era again!
    any more INA juniors that are potential threats in the years to come? :)

3. flo-J

flo-J Regular Member

students college
    Della/Ayu is quite improving lately...in any tournament local or international they can reach final and sometimes they bcome the winner

Aneke/ Anissa....also good but they still need encouragement by following international tournament to get a lots of experience playing with another countries
    from MD...Angga/Rendy can be the next KINDRA...

PBSI should give a lots of chance for all of these youth player by sending them to any international competition..

hmmm.. maybe someone should post their track record

4. fathonezic

Consultant
    Yap, in Remaja class, I can say that we have a future player on Hanna Ramadhini. But I dont know, I think, she is still 1 or 2 level under Ratchanok Intanon. As usual, in Pemula class, from some tourneys, we can see some dominan players from tangkas and Jaya Raya. Dont know why Djarum do not have good player on this level. But, usually, they can find unknown players and train them to be a good remaja or taruna players like Hayom rumbaka.

5. Sandy

Sandy Regular Member

PB. Djarum champs is in Kudus while the players come from many cities in Java and outside Java. I think they didn't hire the players under 12 or 13 considered unwise let the young kid live far away from their parents. But this year they did audition for scholarships, I see some U-14 players were recruited.

Interesting to watch, Andrew Susanto (son of Hermawan Susanto & Sarwendah) will play in Pemula (U-14). Hermawan need to stay in Kudus on Saturday & Sunday to see the progress and gives some additional training.

#5 Sandy, Nov 3, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2009
  6. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Also, watch the progress of Thomi Azizan, 15, who won the Jakarta U-16 National Circuit a few months ago... He just won the U-19 Central Java Munadi Cup. Thus, he is qualified to represent Central Java in the up and coming U-19 National Championships [in Surabaya]...

7. lindaweni

lindaweni Regular Member

student
    any further info about suci and tiara?

thank you

8. fathonezic

Consultant
    Is he a good prospec player ?? I see Eska rifan jaya from Pengcab Karanganyar. I think, he is quite good and win some titles. But, why djarum dont recruit him ?? Karanganyar is very near to Kudus. :confused:

But, some times, Djarum can find a good player that never compete in national competition

9. fathonezic

Consultant
    What ?? a 15th yo win U-19 competition ?? What a good player !!

10. v-may

v-may Regular Member

Don't forget Riyanto Subagja. I think he's gonna be a great player one day. I saw him during Tangkas Alfamart Open 2009, he played good and typical an offensive player. He is also charismatic and I believe he will be an idol after Taufik :p Hopefully PBSI will send young players from 2009 junior world championship to some international events. WIthout experience, its impossible for them to shine even though they have good skills....

11. Sandy

Sandy Regular Member

Looked like they focus on double
    I saw them last year in Jakarta Open, Suci lost to Elyzabeth in final WS U-16, paired with Tiara won WD U-16.
    Tiara played in higher level U-19 in WS but Ayu Pratiwi won at that time by defeated Hera Desi in Final.
    Tiara/Suci won Kejurnas 2008 for WD U-19 in age 15 y.o.

I don't know it was best choice of them or not, based on the results they are best WS for born 93 generation beside Elyzabeth

#11 Sandy, Nov 3, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2009
  12. fathonezic

Consultant
    too bad...
    now, we just have elizabeth for WS 93 generation....:(

13. simonlovers

simonlovers Regular Member

we still have Hanna ramadhini, lya ersalita..:D

14. Sandy

Sandy Regular Member

Hanna was born 1995 or 1994 not sure
    Lya still play U-14, born 1996 or up

15. fathonezic

Consultant
    From PBSI website, Lya ersalita was born in 1997

16. Sandy

Sandy Regular Member

Another born 93 generation are, Dian Fitriani & Rusydina Antardayu. Both players are small too.

The younger, Hanna Ramadhini & Anggia Shitta Awanda looked better.

17. v-may

v-may Regular Member

Dian Fitriani reminds me of Yip Pui Yin... she has a small body, but she is very tough and never give up to reach the shuttlecock....

18. fathonezic

Consultant
    Can dian fitriani make a jump smash like yip pui yin ??

19. fathonezic

Consultant
    After AJC 2010

The result of AJC this year was not good. But we can not also say that the result was bad too.

From this AJC, we know that we have a good talent on Ricky Karanda ;)
    beside that, we can also hope on Evert's and Renna's fighting spirit.
    Some BCer say that Renna has a good power, but she need to improve her defence. I hope, she can focus on her defence and break the domination of China's WS someday (4-5 years maybe :rolleyes:)

For Evert, If he could enter final, maybe he could grab the title :D
    too bad, many bad line call in semifinal :mad: I also put hope on this player.
    Actually, I like Andre Marteen so much. I dont know how is his progress now.

Also Thomi Azizan and Andrew Susanto. Many people say they are good, but they never enter into Final stage of Sirnas. I hope they can be better this year.

For BD,:confused::confused::confused::confused:
    Maybe someone can tell us who are our best bet after Dandi/Jones.
    in Semifinal, MAS BD looks like much better than Dandi/Jones. But I hope they can be better and better....:rolleyes:

20. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    I say our result in the Team event was very encouraging... If Ricky-Della had won 21-19, 21-19 instead of losing 19-21, 19-21, we could have defeated China 3-0... :cool: That would have shocked the world!

My assessment:
    Ricky Karanda... excellent potential! He can play XD way better than average. He needs a good BD and XD partner in Pelatnas.
    Rena Suwarno... so-so talent, nothing special. I don't think she will be a world class challenger.
    Andre Marteen... limited talent, just rely on sheer determination and endurance. Do not hope much from him. He should be a college student; better for him.
    Evert Sukamta... pretty well rounded competitor, but no special weapons. He will have difficulties playing the tough pro-s.
    Thomi Azizan... unusual endurance, no tricks, so-so power. We will have to wait. His best result was winning the U-16 Jakarta Sirnas last year.
    Andrew Susanto... complete technical arsenal, highly intelligent, highly strategic, just very young. We shall have to see whether this 3rd generation badminton dynasty member will fare.

Let's briefly observe Andrew Susanto's family history:
    1st gen...
    Paternal grandfather: Agus Susanto, INA's Thomas Cup MD player around 1967-70. I think he won the Thomas Cup for INA at least 1 time.
    Paternal grandmother: forgot her name, but she is Liem Swie King's older sister and INA Uber Cup player in the 1960s-70s.
    Paternal grand-uncle: Liem Swie King, 3 time All England champ and 3 time Thomas Cup winner.
    Paternal grand-aunt: I don't know her name, but she is another Liem family member who also represented INA in the Uber cup.

2nd gen...
    Father: Hermawan Susanto, one of top INA MS during the 1990s. 1992 Olympic bronze medalist, defeated Zhao Jianhua in the Olympics.
    Mother: Sarwendah, top INA WS in between Ivanna Lie's era and Susi Susanti's era. She definitely played in INA's Uber Cup team several times.

3rd gen...
    Andrew Susanto, the only son of Hermawan and Sarwendah. :cool:
    He can potentially be INA's Kenichi Tago who continued his mother's legacy. Kenichi's mom won the All England WD title many years ago.