User Tag List

Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    10
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Unhappy Any slim shaft and widebody rackets ?

    Can anybody recommend any racket models that has such characteristics? It would be ideal if it has the traditional oval head too. Thanks

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    T.O.
    Posts
    2,096
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I have a slim-shaft racquet and a wide-body racquet but not both... that would make a really imbalanced racquet wouldn't it!??

    Slim shaft lessens the weight in the shaft while a wide body increases the weight in the head... so that'll be one head heavy racquet...

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Coquitlam
    Posts
    1,045
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    wow... if something lik that exists... then it'd b lik an ultra headheavy racket!

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    10
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    You see I was thinking that a slim shaft would take away weight but not power right? (like Yonex Slim 10) So if you combine that with a wide body head and maybe give it an extra kickpoint on the shaft (like Gosen) or make it a medium flex shaft, It might turn out to be a very powerful racket. Or a disaster... : ( .. but just wanted to find out if its possible.

  5. #5
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    yonex iso 900 ss?

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    2,370
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Winex actually has a model which has a slim shaft (7.0mm) and a widebody head frame.

    The model is the Ti-11 but I am not sure who currently has stock on hand other than Taiwan.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    T.O.
    Posts
    2,096
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Originally posted by Winex West Can
    Winex actually has a model which has a slim shaft (7.0mm) and a widebody head frame.

    The model is the Ti-11 but I am not sure who currently has stock on hand other than Taiwan.
    Titanium shaft + slim shaft + big heavy head = 1 great racquet = 2 pieces after smash

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Coquitlam
    Posts
    1,045
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Originally posted by Winex West Can
    Winex actually has a model which has a slim shaft (7.0mm) and a widebody head frame.

    The model is the Ti-11 but I am not sure who currently has stock on hand other than Taiwan.
    wut's the balance point on that thing???

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    boston, ma, US
    Posts
    808
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    www.badmintonwarehouse.com

    Try looking at the Victor racquets. The Magan Berylium all have slim shaft w/ enlarged sweet-spot. There are also other models of the same characteristic.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    T.O.
    Posts
    2,096
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Originally posted by jwu
    www.badmintonwarehouse.com

    Try looking at the Victor racquets. The Magan Berylium all have slim shaft w/ enlarged sweet-spot. There are also other models of the same characteristic.

    Widebody refers to a thick frame at the head. My Airblade widebody has a 13mm head width. My slimbody frame is only 8mm thick. They both have the same frame shape and area.

    Rnlarged Sweet-spot refers to a isometric or a square headshape, and can be made in a widebody or slimbody frame thickness.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    10
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    thanks for your recommendations. BTW which Airblade model is that which you said has a widebody and slim shaft? Are there airblades with a 7mm shaft?

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Mississauga, Ontario
    Posts
    601
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Originally posted by oistrakh
    thanks for your recommendations. BTW which Airblade model is that which you said has a widebody and slim shaft? Are there airblades with a 7mm shaft?
    AB1000!!!...
    I used to racquet and measured the shaft!!.....
    But's its too head light and light overall for my taste....

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    boston, ma, US
    Posts
    808
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Originally posted by bigredlemon
    Widebody refers to a thick frame at the head. My Airblade widebody has a 13mm head width. My slimbody frame is only 8mm thick. They both have the same frame shape and area.

    Rnlarged Sweet-spot refers to a isometric or a square headshape, and can be made in a widebody or slimbody frame thickness.
    ic ic, thought "wide" body just refer to the "wider" iso frame. hmmm, in that case, a widebody racquet with slim shaft would be highly head heavy and seems possibly very fragile as well.

Similar Threads

  1. Widebody vs slim racquets
    By martykool in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 6
    : 01-07-2009, 11:17 AM
  2. slim shaft
    By forrestyung in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 3
    : 07-26-2002, 11:09 AM
  3. Bent Shaft on Slim-10 SP?
    By Zhi in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 49
    : 04-20-2002, 09:13 PM
  4. Slim/thin shaft - more power?
    By TX in forum General Forum
    Replies: 7
    : 03-20-2001, 04:26 PM
  5. Is cab-23 long ? slim shaft ?
    By paul in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 1
    : 11-01-2000, 10:35 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •