Bishan sports closed till 4 oct 10 ! Hougang Sports hall left with four courts?

Discussion in 'Singapore' started by thambert, Nov 2, 2009.

1. thambert

thambert Regular Member

Bishan sports hall closed till 4 oct 10 ! Hougang Sports hall left with four courts?

ibook webby notification

d) Bishan Sports Hall will be closed from 19 Nov 2009 to 4 Oct 10 for upgrading works for the Singapore 2010 Youth Olympics Games.

e) Hougang Sports Hall will be closed from 19 Nov to 10 Oct 2010 for the conversion of badminton courts 5 to 12 to a gymnastics arena. Courts 1 to 4 will be available for volleyball:mad:?? and badminton bookings.

for most of us and especially my regular thurs group, its as good as not playing in hougang sports hall for like one entire year or worse, dont even need to think of playing there at peak hours during weekdays. 4 courts every week to share among the entire hougang population ? thats crazy and the worse thing is that the volleyball people get to book their courts earlier than badminton people. how to compete for courts with them? Volleyball people are one bunch of worse court wasters i have ever seen. sometimes 5 people or less takes up 4 badminton courts just to train !!:mad:or even worse, they book n cancel their training at the last minute !!! i can imagine Bishan regulars will start looking to toa payoh or yio chu kang sports hall. the fight for courts will really heat up:eek:

any good suggestions from regular hougang sports hall sessions organisers? sigh ....:(

#1 thambert, Nov 2, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2009
  2. Ti10Purple

Ti10Purple Regular Member

Strange lor ...... Why can't they build a multi Storey Sports Hall , then the courts will be double , Triple if then build 3 storey high ! It benefits all parties . They also say they have foresight ....... they see things further than us . But when they build the building that time , it seems that they can't see further than us . Really a Multi Purpose Hall . Got ping pong , gymnastics , VolleyBall ...... why not add wushu , basketball , indoor football , folks dance , company D & D so to make it a truly Multi Purpose Hall .:D

3. tenggk

tenggk Regular Member

So Hougang SH will only have 4 badminton courts in future? That's frustrating for badminton lovers staying in that zone. Any school or Community Centers that are available for booking over there then? The government should open all school's sports hall for usage.

4. psychophant

psychophant Regular Member

Pedicurist
    have you ever seen a multi-storey sports hall in SG? or anywhere else in the world for that matter? it is not financially or structurally viable to construct such a facility unless nobody will complain about the exorbitant booking fees (ie. $20 per court per hour).

honestly, i havent seen anyone play volleyball in Bishan Sports Hall for the past few years. and considering that badminton has always been allocated 4 courts, i dont think it will be any tougher to get courts during the upgrading period than it is right now.

but if you guys really feel strongly about the restricted sports facilities, can always approach your MP or write to the relevant authorities.

5. psychophant

psychophant Regular Member

Pedicurist
    pai seh... just realised that the ENTIRE Bishan Sports Hall will be closed during the period. now that is BAD.......

time to pick up squash or tennis.

6. Ti10Purple

Ti10Purple Regular Member

Haha , so is time to built a multi storey Multi Purpose Hall ? Well , IMHO , Singapore doesn't have the land as what other countries have . If we can be the 1st country to have A380 , why can't we be the 1st country to built multi storey Multi Purpose Hall ? Maybe other countries will follow after that . Same with the ERP system , right ? At least with this new invention , everyone can enjoy their favourite sports and might live longer :D .

7. jonachin

jonachin Regular Member

architecture
    hahaa...Other country don need to consider to have multi storey hall as they have BIG land to build watever they wan..:D:D:D, they like to build in west and east also can..., i just wonder why sg those cc and SH always doing renovation every few month.....like bt timah cc just finished their reno past few month, now start to having reno again...haih

#7 jonachin, Nov 3, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2009
  8. zenith82

zenith82 Regular Member

Y always choose Bishan? Recently the stadium also just renovated for the asian youth game.

9. Rlwchow

Rlwchow Regular Member

Sales
    Actually, I have seen a multi storey sports hall in Taiwan before. On the lower floor, they had 6 badminton courts and on the upper floor, they had a large area which is shared by volley ball and basketball, I do not know how many basketball courts that accomodated but definitely 2 volleyball games were in session when I was there. It was quite impressive really.