best high tension string

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by jockey, Nov 3, 2009.

1. jockey

jockey Regular Member

UCT student
    :Dhi guys, i searched the forum for recommendation about high string tension but did not find any clear info plz help...:confused:

i am a yonex user that will be switching to apacs soon.apacs can be strung at high tension 30-40lbs according to specs. which string/s would be best for tension 27-28lbs. looking for powerful and medium to hard feeling strings.
    currently using bg80 at 24lbs but it breaks every 4-6 weeks and its hard to find good strings and stringers in south africa. i restring my old and new rackets when i will go back to mauritius. i am a hard hitter. would bg65ti or bg65 be good??
    maybe bg80 breaks so often as it becomes too thin when strung at 24lbs and more.

thanks.:p

2. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    It's natural strings will break faster as you raise up the tensions.

Have you considered BG-68Ti? BG-65Ti, BG65, BG70 Pro and NGB95 are alternatives as well. It would depend on your preference.

3. jockey

jockey Regular Member

UCT student
    most of these string are not available in mauritius. what we can find is bg65, bg65ti, bg80 and bg6. other brands are not available.

from these four which is best for high tension?

4. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

1) So you break string every 4-6 week? That is normal for a lot of players here.
    2) Use BG65. Why? because the tension is no good after 3 month. I am pretty sure that you can break BG65 by that time. BG65 will drop tension faster and last longer. So the string will drop below your requirement before you break the string.
    3) Try them all except BG6. You make you own call.
    4) Good luck.

5. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Have you considered ordering strings online to be able to purchase strings which is not available locally in your area?

6. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

I would push BG65 over BG65Ti, as for some reason the tension falls through the floor very quickly with 65Ti but not as much with ordinary 65; 65 also has a better, less greasy surface finish. Many pros still use 65 in tournaments as they obviously play at high tensions and don't care about tension loss over the 15 mins they'll use the racket(s).

7. jockey

jockey Regular Member

UCT student
    thanks for the advice guys. i'll take all of it in consideration and i'll post my experience. does anyone know how apacs managed to make rackets that hold such high tension?? what material and technology do they use??

8. jockey

jockey Regular Member

UCT student
    maybe i posted this in the wrong forum, got carried away.