Hairline Crack on my Arcsabre 10

Discussion in 'Broken Rackets' started by Jason08Leafs, Nov 4, 2009.

1. Jason08Leafs

Jason08Leafs Regular Member

Student
    Hi Everyone

I was just inspecting my racket just a couple weeks ago when I found a hairline crack near the T-Joint and also that there are paint cracks on the vertical shaft. I can also clearly see a crack on the actual frame itself.

I brought it to Mandarin where I got it and they told me that it was as a result of stringing and sending it back to the manufacture would be a waste of time and $25.

I don't know what to do and I still have till late December to send it back and get warranty.

All your opinions would be welcome and appreciated.

2. y_o_n_e_x_m_a_n

y_o_n_e_x_m_a_n Regular Member

better safe than sorry :cool:

you still have time, why not? ;)

even if they don't approve the claim, at least you try :D

Arc 10 is an expensive racket, don't regret it :cool:

3. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

Send it back for warranty. I assume the string is within recommended tension. If so, it should be OK unless it is SP coded.

4. druss

druss Regular Member

The internet is a wonderful place and really can help in these types of situations.

First, make sure it's actually a crack in the racket and not just the paint. Then, as long as it's CD coded, email Yonex Canada in Calgary with a picture of the crack and racket specifics (serial numbers, retail store, string type and tension) and ask whether it's a valid warranty claim before sending it.

5. Jason08Leafs

Student
    mine is SG coded though. They say that they must ship it back to Asia so does that mean I could not get a good chance of it being replaced?:confused:

:crying::crying::crying:

6. silentheart

SG or SP coded? Either way, you are SOL.
    1) in SE Asia, warranty is usually 3 mo.
    2) Cost of sending it back.
    3) You are at mercy of the shop owner.
    4) You will be lucky to get a replacement back in 2 month.
    Next time, buy CD coded if you live in Canada. May be US coded if you know the owner.

7. druss

druss Regular Member

8. Jason08Leafs

Student
    Yea I mean SP.

And yes I bought it from Mandarin Badminton in Ontario. They sold the Arc - 10 for about $30 less then a CD coded one.

They told me there were no difference but apparently there is.:mad:

9. silentheart

Why not take it back to them and ask for warranty replacement? If there is no difference between CD and SP, they should honor the SP warranty just like CD? Beside, they are ripping you off with SP code racquet anyway.

10. druss

druss Regular Member

I agree, take it back to Mandarin. They are obviously circumventing the established distribution network by bringing in rackets from some other country as opposed to Yonex Canada and doesn't want to mail it back there for warranty, if there is one.

11. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    I assume Mandarin is a Yonex authorized dealer. If true, then they are in violation of the terms and conditions of being an authorized dealer because they only allowed to sell the racket code which is meant to be sold in their country - that being CD.

12. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

this statement made by matt is 100000% true they are in complete violation of yonex's policy take it back and if they refuse to give you a CD coded version of the racket phone yonex Canada immediatly and report it to them and allow them to deal with the situation also take photographs of the SP coded rackets in the shop in case they try and hide them or do something with them sobyou have proof that they were selling them
    I tale it you still have the reciept for the racket ?
    Hope this helps
    LD

13. druss

druss Regular Member

I highly doubt that the club is an Authorized Yonex dealer by Yonex Canada. What some of these retailers do is set themselves up as an authorized dealer in singapore or malaysia buy them there then ship them here. Is that against the rules sure... do you think Yonex Taiwan cares? Who knows... I'm sure Yonex Canada cares but will the headquarters do anything is the question?

Also, when you're talking about a $200+ racket does $30 really matter that much?

14. silentheart

Yes, Yonex Taiwan care... Yes, Yonex Canada did cut them off already...
    Sunrise Singapore does not care...
    Penny wise, pound fool?

15. druss

druss Regular Member

Is that who they're buying them from? Are they at least legitimate Yonex rackets? (ignoring for now whether it's right or wrong to sell non CD rackets in Canada).

16. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    The dealers can't be authorized for another country other than the one they are in.

Let just put it this way, they import the other coded rackets to save cost. To put it in perspective, the customer sees SP cheaper by $30 dollars. However to the business, they see it a way to get more profit because the racket is actually marked up therefore they get more profit per racket selling an SP compared to CD.

If I were to buy a coded racket, I would actually buy it from the authorized dealer that is authorized to sell the particular racket code, not from one which is not.

Just for example, I buy SP racket - I won't go to Mandarin, I would go with Misterkeen Sports.

#16 Matt, Nov 5, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2009
  17. Jason08Leafs

Student
    Hey Guys,

Thanks for the replies. From them I gather that I should just bring it back to Mandrain and get them to send it back to where they got it from for a replacement racket and see what happens.

Also is it illegal for them to sell SP rackets in Canada? I have heard something of the sort and that Mandarin's rights to sell CD was confiscated due to the fact that Yonex Canada found SP rackets in their possession. It's pure rumor but it's been going around for a while.

I also think that my Arc 10 is legit as I have compared it with other rackets and they correspond in every way. Also they claim that I used 25 ibs as my tension and that is over the recommendation for the Arcsaber.:mad: However, I only strung my racket at 22 and was corroborated by many people.

So I'll be taking it back and hope that they'll replace one for me. :(

18. druss

druss Regular Member

It sounds like they are trying to get out of doing the warranty claim for you. While they may not be an authorized dealer I don't think it's actually illegal, against the laws of Canada, to sell SP rackets.

19. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

It is against yonex policy to sell rackets that are not of the code from the country (I think the only exception is if the company is selling JP coded rackets as well as their code )
    E.g UK shop selling UK coded rackets can also sell JP ones aswell (at leastthis is what MBS do ) although they have SP/IP coded rackets and JP ones aswell

20. silentheart

Not if you are the biggest dealer of the country. For example, SD Badminton supply sell CD coded racquet and come with CAN warranty. Depend on how much business you do with Yonex for how much you can get away.