Best replacement for old Yonex Widebody 30. Nanospeed xxxx ?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by greatbahman, Nov 5, 2009.

1. greatbahman

greatbahman New Member

Researcher
    Hello.

I have played with Yonex Widebody 30 for more than 12 years. Now that there are only ArcSaber, ArmorTec, and Nanospeed models in the market, I don't know which one to go for.
    According to yonex charts on repulsion/control, heavy/light head, and flexibility, I think nanospeed 4500 and 6000 are close. Is that right ?
    Any Comments can really help me.

Sincerely
    Ba.

#1 greatbahman, Nov 5, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2009
  2. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    ya, u should go for the 2U tho

3. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    hi Ba

I used to play with Yonex BW30. Nice racquet although it was relatively weak for those who preferred higher tensions.

In its day, BW30 was top of the range Yonex. Looking at current range, I'm struggling to think what comes close. From memory BW 30 was not an Isometric shape but oval in the traditional Carbonex range.

In UK Yonex do not have this racquet shape so you really need to test as many racquets as you can to get a feel. If you visit my blog www.badminton-coach.co.uk I've reviewed all of the new Yonex racquets in Uk for this season which may give you some idea.

Racquet choice is so personal. I'd love to be able to confidently give you more information, but sadly this is one of those occasions where you need to try before you buy and judge what feels right for you.

Good luck

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co,uk

4. greatbahman

greatbahman New Member

Researcher
    Many thanks :)

5. greatbahman

greatbahman New Member

Researcher

Thanks Paul,
    I try to test before getting a new racket. According to Yonex charts Nanospeed 6000 is flexible, head light and not very repulsive (though Isometric shape instead of oval). I remember BW-30 was flexible and very head light with low repulsion. However I need to test if it gives the same feeling.
    Sincerely
    Ba