User Tag List

Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

COngratz to YPY ...
    packs such power in such a little frame hehe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what happened to ZM, injured??

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ma Jing/Wang Xiaoli are going to lose their WD Gold Medal as well, trailing 15-18 in the second set

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Zhang Dan/Zhang Zhibo upset 2 CHN pairs en route to the title Yet another surprise....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, CHN also lost the WD title?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No doubt...Lin Dan doesn't care about this tournament at all....his fitness level is not even near his normal level....there's a line-call dispute at the end of the second set, all the CHN players looked relaxed even when seeing their team-mates losing etc etc.

Yet, losing to Choi Ho Jin is still deemed a major surprise...nothing like losing to Park Sung Hwan or LCW or Peter Gade as these players are top 10 players (esp losing to LCW who is his major rival) I don't think Lin Dan himself could believe the Final Result

Can someone check what's Choi's ranking??? Looking at the draw of the tourney, I doubt anybody will give other players a chance at all...Lin Dan would easily win the Gold Medal by just showing up, esp since Chen Jin pulled out. Yet, the ending was a real shocker

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by whack_d_net View Post
    Surprise eh? The WR1 and WR3 WD pairs in the World Ranking today lost to a Macau pair that's ranked No 26.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by badMania View Post
    No doubt...Lin Dan doesn't care about this tournament at all....his fitness level is not even near his normal level....there's a line-call dispute at the end of the second set, all the CHN players looked relaxed even when seeing their team-mates losing etc etc.

Yet, losing to Choi Ho Jin is still deemed a major surprise...nothing like losing to Park Sung Hwan or LCW or Peter Gade as these players are top 10 players (esp losing to LCW who is his major rival) I don't think Lin Dan himself could believe the Final Result

Can someone check what's Choi's ranking??? Looking at the draw of the tourney, I doubt anybody will give other players a chance at all...Lin Dan would easily win the Gold Medal by just showing up, esp since Chen Jin pulled out. Yet, the ending was a real shocker
    CHoi Ho Jin played quite well but Lin Dan was moving like a turtle on court, reacting so slowly and rarely attacked at all....
    No idea what the hell he is thinking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

China’s Lin upset at East Asian Games
    By MIN LEE, Associated Press Writer
    1 hour, 21 minutes ago

HONG KONG (AP)—Unheralded South Korean Choi Ho-jin upset Olympic champion Lin Dan in straight sets to win the men’s badminton final at the East Asian Games on Sunday, in one of the biggest upsets of the meet.

Lin, a three-time world champion, blew early leads in both sets and appeared to struggle with the lighting, letting the shuttlecock go on several occasions when it fell in.

Down 18-20 in the first set, the world No. 2 saved set point despite slipping, but an easy put-away gave Choi a 1-0 lead.

Lin squandered 4-1 and 15-12 leads in the second set and bothered by two close calls that brought Choi back to 15-15. He never recovered, saving one match point down 17-20, but missing a forehand on the second to give Choi the win.

The 26-year-old Lin said he was tired after a long season.

“I hope my superiors can be more strategic in entering me in competitions. I played in so many tournaments in the second half of the year … I was in France, I was in China,” said Lin, who nonetheless praised Choi for playing well.

“It’s normal. There are so many young players now. They are channeling all their energy at you,” he said.

The result left China with a relatively poor showing in badminton, even though the sport is one of its strongest.

The mixed doubles final was an all-Chinese affair and a Chinese pairing is competing for women’s doubles gold later Sunday, but the women’s singles and men’s doubles finals were all-Taiwan and all-Hong Kong matches.

In the women’s singles final, world No. 17 Yip Pui-yin of Hong Kong beat fifth-ranked compatriot Zhou Mi 2-1 after Zhou retired with a waist injury while trailing 10-17 in the third set.

Copyright 2009 Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by whack_d_net View Post
    Yeah, China only bagged 1 bdm gold through all-CHN-Final in XD, Tao Jiaming/Zhang Yawen.

Another 4 gold won by South Korea (Choi Ho Jin), Hongkong (Yip Pui Yin), Macau (Zhang Dan/Zhang Zhibo) and Chinese Taipei (Hu Chung Hsien/Tsai Chia Hsin).

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by badMania View Post

Can someone check what's Choi's ranking???.....
    I've checked from pg 1 to last page, Choi is ranked outside #708, i.e. his name not in the MS list, unless eagle's eyes old already. You all can check it out yourselves :
    http://bwf.tournamentsoftware.com/ra...tegory=472&p=3

Only started playing International tourney at the recent Korea IC :http://bwf.tournamentsoftware.com/fi...3E64CC&q=70797

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

颁奖仪式结束后,林丹即被媒体围了个水泄不通。面对央视的镜头,林丹一连说出七个累字:累了累了累了累了 !很累很累很累!对于今天的比赛,林丹表示:我今天也尽力打了,对手今天打得非常好,这个结果也很正常 。他坦言受到体力的困扰,体力下降了,精力和技术上面肯定会受到影响。

Reasons for Lin Dan's loss: "tired...tired...tired..tired...very tired...very tired...very tired...". Simple. He had tried his best but the opponent played very well today. His stamina had gone down...surprising that even Super Dan can complain of tiredness.

If Lin Dan can lose to a nobody from KOR because of tiredness, I guess Lee Chong Wei can also participate in the SEA Games, lost to someone from Vietnam (who's ranked higher than Choi) and cited the same reason. Unfortunately, LCW is no Super Dan. I am pretty sure he will be blasted from every corner (see his defeat to Chen Long and Jan O Jorgensen) if had had done that

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tourneys Lin Dan participated in 2009:
    Mar-June - All England & Swiss SS, Sudirman Cup, Indonesia SS
    Aug-Dec - World Championships, China National Games, China Masters, French, China SS, and East Asian Games.

Total: 10 events And he still wishes that Li Yongbo could be more selective in terms of the tournaments for him.

LCW's participation in 2009:
    Jan-June -- Malaysia & Korea SS, All England & Swiss SS, India GP Gold, Sudirman Cup, Singapore & Indonesia SS, Malaysia GP Gold.
    Aug-Dec -- Macau GP Gold, China Masters & Japan SS, Hong Kong & China SS, Super Series Masters Final.

Total: 15 events

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow. maybe lcw should learn more from choi ho jin on how to beat lin dan!

lin dan being generous again,eh?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

was wondering was there any live telecast on tv of lin dan's match?
    wanting to see how this choi of korea upset lin dan

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

all 5 titles goes to different country. FAIR AND SQUARE.
    heheheh

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    wow. maybe lcw should learn more from choi ho jin on how to beat lin dan!

lin dan being generous again,eh?
    I think the key is to play a very tired Lin Dan at the end of a 2-weeks tourney. This year, Lin Dan ONLY participated in 2 back-to-back events in March. He won the first one and lost the second one.

In 2008, he participated in 10 events. He also failed to win the HKG SS, after winning the China SS.

In 2007, he participated in 13 events. Again, he failed to win the Swiss SS after winning the AE title. Ditto in the French SS after winning the Denmark SS. And in the season-ending tourneys, he only won the HKG SS after getting beaten by Park Sung Hwan in the first round of China SS.

I am pretty sure Lin Dan will not participate in the Korea, Malaysia, Singapore, and Indonesia SS next year. His main targets will be the AE, Thomas Cup, World Championships, and season-ending Asian Games in front of the home crowd in Guangzhou. Given his tendency to falter in a back-to-back tourney, he might not be able to win his AG Individual Event Gold Medal for the second time, if he exerts himself too much in the Team-Event and the early rounds of the Individual Event.

He will probably participate in those events + Swiss, China Masters, China SS, and probably Hong Kong SS and either the Denmark or French SS too.
    Last edited by badMania; 12-13-2009 at 05:00 AM.

Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast