User Tag List

Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tired? How ridiculous reason it is !
    Lin Dan had an easy draw in this competition and he didn't participate to the Yonex Masters. Lee Chong Wei is very tired I think too, he participated many tournaments this year, more than Lin Dan...and he won the Yonex Masters a week ago.
    So stop to find bad reasons : Lin Dan is the best player in the world but a defeat is a defeat. And China is not as "superior" as we could think in badminton, that's all.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chirigamii View Post
    Lin Dan had an easy draw in this competition and he didn't participate to the Yonex Masters. Lee Chong Wei is very tired I think too, he participated many tournaments this year, more than Lin Dan...and he won the Yonex Masters a week ago.
    So stop to find bad reasons : Lin Dan is the best player in the world but a defeat is a defeat. And China is not as "superior" as we could think in badminton, that's all.
    yes. agree with you.
    today's lost shows that no one is perfect in this world. even the super mighty lin dan can lost to an unknown player from korea

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I am waiting..

for cooler to give his honest-to-goodness assessment on why LD lost?
    a. he's being generous
    b. he didn't care abt this EA Games
    c. he was too tired
    d. he wants to give BCers a chance to open up a new thread & discuss abt "Why LD lost?"..
    d. all of the above
    Quote Originally Posted by flying kangaroo View Post
    Its the start of the sliding down for LD, trust me, he will not win the world championship, AE all the the same year.
    ..actually, LD has won the WC as well as the AE, all in the same yr, since 2006..
    Quote Originally Posted by badMania View Post
    ..Given his tendency to falter in a back-to-back tourney, he might not be able to win his AG Individual Event Gold Medal for the second time, if he exerts himself too much in the Team-Event and the early rounds of the Individual Event.
    ..what do you mean "for the 2nd time"??..you meant "in his 2nd attempt"??..
    Last edited by ctjcad; 12-13-2009 at 04:15 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    yes. agree with you.
    today's lost shows that no one is perfect in this world. even the super mighty lin dan can lost to an unknown player from korea
    Yes and it's a good thing to see new young players, the next generation is already here?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by undeadshot View Post
    Good for Choi Ho Jin!
    I'm surprised but LCW should look at this for motivation to get the better of Lin Dan next year.

So LD lost to a total of 3 opponents this year : LCW, CJ and Choi?
    LD lost to Chen Long as well when they were competing in one of the competitions in China.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    a. he's being generous
    c. he was too tired
    d. he wants to give BCers a chance to open up a new thread & discuss abt "Why LD lost?"..
    d. all of the above

..actually, LD has won the WC as well as the AE, all in the same yr, since 2006..
    a to c have been listed by some BCers.

LD has won BOTH the WC and AE in:
    2006, 2007, and 2009.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

..what do you mean "for the 2nd time"??..you meant "in his 2nd attempt"??..
    Thank you for the correction. I believe that one reason Taufik Hidayat managed to beat Lin Dan in the 2006 AG Individual Event Final was Lin Dan's stamina, after a long schedule of matches in the Team & Individual Event (which went all the way to the Final).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't think it really means that much. Apart from reinforcing the fact that no player is invincible! Like Lin Dan said, it's normal . Also I like how the medals all went to different countries .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for the correction. I believe that one reason Taufik Hidayat managed to beat Lin Dan in the 2006 AG Individual Event Final was Lin Dan's stamina, after a long schedule of matches in the Team & Individual Event (which went all the way to the Final).
    Badmania, you are so right. Lin Dan also beat Taufik twice in team matches before losing to Taufik at the individual final. My opinion is that LD & Taufik were quite even in 2006.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lcleing View Post
    LD lost to Chen Long as well when they were competing in one of the competitions in China.
    Yes, LD lost to Chen Long at the pre-lim round of China's National Games by the score 20-22; 20-22.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats one of the reason why Badminton can not be more Professional...as in tennis all top players play at least 18 tournament ( if I am not wrong) some play up to 30 tournament...in Hot weather and most matches last 1 hr to 5 hrs...Badminton is played in AC and most matches last 20 to 50 minutes in single,,

It is normal if Lin Dan lost..no one can win all the time...
    LD is still the best player but I would like to remind " SOMEONE" who always MOCK TH or LCW saying that those 2 had lost to lowest ranking player aka Chen Long at that time..I guess now LD got the honor who lost to lowest ranking player ever..

Ridiculing TH in SS Masters, etc..now his player even can not win the game at all as no TOP players are in this tourney...

I want to hear what excuses from someone who so called the spokeperson of LD...

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by suetyan View Post
    Wow, Zhou Mi praised Chen Xiaojia in this chinese article.

http://sports.sina.com.cn/o/2009-12-...74742138.shtml

Not bad Xiaojia, jia you.. Not to let other people look down at you. Zhou Mi also hopes that Yippy can beat her in the final because Yippy is a local player. So, let's see whether Yippy can beat ZM or not.
    hehe
    let see if she can be in outside china tournament in 2010

Good things as HKG girls win the Gold Medal, while MD is won by the rising TPE.

TPE has 2 good MD pairs now:
    Chen Hung-Ling/Lin Yu-Lang - won several events this year, including the Chinese-Taipei Open GP Gold 2009 and currently ranked at No 11.

Fang Chieh-Min/Lee Sheng-Mu - beat Markis Kido/Hendra Setiawan TWICE this year and only lost narrowly in the other match Currently ranked at No 18.

and 2 good MS players:
    Hsieh Yu-Hsin - currently ranked at No 16.

Hsueh Hsuan-Yi - currently ranked at No 48.

Oh and they have a growing numbers of excellent WS junior players too:
    Tai Tsu Ying - reached SF in the East Asian Games 2009, beat Febby Angguni before in the AJC SF before losing to Chen Xiaojia in the Final.

Hsu Ya-Ching - have beaten a number of INA players this year
    hehe
    u can sense this too
    and there is more to come
    hehe
    i believe hsu jen jao is better than hhy in future

No doubt...Lin Dan doesn't care about this tournament at all....his fitness level is not even near his normal level....there's a line-call dispute at the end of the second set, all the CHN players looked relaxed even when seeing their team-mates losing etc etc.

Yet, losing to Choi Ho Jin is still deemed a major surprise...nothing like losing to Park Sung Hwan or LCW or Peter Gade as these players are top 10 players (esp losing to LCW who is his major rival) I don't think Lin Dan himself could believe the Final Result

Can someone check what's Choi's ranking??? Looking at the draw of the tourney, I doubt anybody will give other players a chance at all...Lin Dan would easily win the Gold Medal by just showing up, esp since Chen Jin pulled out. Yet, the ending was a real shocker
    do u remember?lindan comment to a press and say:if i can beat hu yun,i can win the gold

Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    The 26-year-old Lin said he was tired after a long season.

I hope my superiors can be more strategic in entering me in competitions. I played in so many tournaments in the second half of the year I was in France, I was in China, said Lin, who nonetheless praised Choi for playing well.
    cooler,can u explain on this?
    hehe
    an excuse or a reason this call?

颁奖仪式结束后,林丹即被媒体围了个水泄不通。面对央视的镜头,林丹一连说出七个累字:累了累了累了累了 !很累很累很累!对于今天的比赛,林丹表示:我今天也尽力打了,对手今天打得非常好,这个结果也很正常 。他坦言受到体力的困扰,体力下降了,精力和技术上面肯定会受到影响。

Reasons for Lin Dan's loss: "tired...tired...tired..tired...very tired...very tired...very tired...". Simple. He had tried his best but the opponent played very well today. His stamina had gone down...surprising that even Super Dan can complain of tiredness.

If Lin Dan can lose to a nobody from KOR because of tiredness, I guess Lee Chong Wei can also participate in the SEA Games, lost to someone from Vietnam (who's ranked higher than Choi) and cited the same reason. Unfortunately, LCW is no Super Dan. I am pretty sure he will be blasted from every corner (see his defeat to Chen Long and Jan O Jorgensen) if had had done that
    let i quote from jasonmarc(switching from md to ms)
    china fans cant demand anything more from lindan as he already won a og gold,3 times wc,5++ ae,few sudirman cup,few thomas cup
    its ok for him to lost
    is not ok for lcw to lost
    thats the mindset
    but funny,hehe,arent the one who less acheivement is ok to lost and those have more is not ok?
    aiya,who cares,if someone think he is not double standard by just (write he is not double standard and)post in bc that he is not,let it be man,who cares
    we have brain to think

Tourneys Lin Dan participated in 2009:
    Mar-June - All England & Swiss SS, Sudirman Cup, Indonesia SS
    Aug-Dec - World Championships, China National Games, China Masters, French, China SS, and East Asian Games.

Total: 10 events And he still wishes that Li Yongbo could be more selective in terms of the tournaments for him.

LCW's participation in 2009:
    Jan-June -- Malaysia & Korea SS, All England & Swiss SS, India GP Gold, Sudirman Cup, Singapore & Indonesia SS, Malaysia GP Gold.
    Aug-Dec -- Macau GP Gold, China Masters & Japan SS, Hong Kong & China SS, Super Series Masters Final.

u still didnt include the national grand prix for lcw

Total: 15 events
    oh,3 of lindan tournament is in china and one is in hk
    ya,the map of china is bigger,kinda tired for lindan to travel so farrrrrrrrrrrrr
    compare to lcw

hell yeah! lyb,u heard?must have select less tournament next year for lindan,he is kinda tired
    i am pity that he need to play soooooooooooo many tournament compare to lcw

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just an accident, the next time LD meet this korean he will get his revenge. No one beats LD when he's focused. no offense to the korean.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well,if he said:the opponent played better than him,we will shut up
    but,the excuse is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    erm,how to say?
    he think we are 3 years old children?
    even 3 years old children know which one is more between 15 and 10

a. he's being generous
    c. he was too tired
    d. all of the above
    haiya
    can i say:is time to say sorry to limao,this gold medal for him

Quote Originally Posted by phaarix View Post
    Don't think it really means that much. Apart from reinforcing the fact that no player is invincible! Like Lin Dan said, it's normal . Also I like how the medals all went to different countries .
    thumb up

Quote Originally Posted by huangkwokhau View Post
    Thats one of the reason why Badminton can not be more Professional...as in tennis all top players play at least 18 tournament ( if I am not wrong) some play up to 30 tournament...in Hot weather and most matches last 1 hr to 5 hrs...Badminton is played in AC and most matches last 20 to 50 minutes in single,,

LD is still the best player but I would like to remind " SOMEONE" who always MOCK TH or LCW saying that those 2 had lost to lowest ranking player aka Chen Long at that time..I guess now LD got the honor who lost to lowest ranking player ever..

i think we are mature enough and wont always blast player when they lost to lower rank player
    do i mean someone not mature?
    no no,i didnt meant it

Ridiculing TH in SS Masters, etc..now his player even can not win the game at all as no TOP players are in this tourney...

haha
    maybe he say:aiya,lindan throw all he have to bet he lost in ea ms final

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I watched Lin Dan live at this East Asian Games MS final match and in my opinion, his lost was due to:
    (1) LD's form is at the lowest level for the whole of 2009 (visibly slower than usual, smash is not powerful as usual, defense not as good as usual).
    (2) the Korean guy Choi Ho Jin is in good form with good sudden smashes.

Limsy: Hi, becos of you postings, I did a quick check on the no of matches played from Aug - Dec for both LD & LCW:

LCW : 6 tournaments with 27 matches played:
    world champ (4) , Macau GP (6) , China Masters (4), Japan (2) , Hong Kong (5) , China Open (1) , SS Finals (5)

LCW's performance: QF--F--SF--R16--F--R32--F

LD: 6 tournaments with 34 matches played:
    world champ (6) , China Masters (5) , China National Games (Team & Individual: 8 ) , French (5) , China Open (5) , East Asian Games (5)

LD's performance: F--F--F--F--F--F

So Lin Dan actually played more matches than LCW in the last 4 months of 2009. Cheers!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by huangkwokhau View Post

You are so right, everybody can play and lose even versus a lower player in theory. On one match, all is possible, that is SPORT! And for this "someone" as it said Chen Long and Jorgensen are not bad players at all even if they are not in the top 10. Jorgensen beat Gade and Chen Jin if I am not wrong?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by badssp07 View Post
    I watched Lin Dan live at this East Asian Games MS final match and in my opinion, his lost was due to:
    (1) LD's form is at the lowest level for the whole of 2009 (visibly slower than usual, smash is not powerful as usual, defense not as good as usual).
    (2) the Korean guy Choi Ho Jin is in good form with good sudden smashes.

Limsy: Hi, becos of you postings, I did a quick check on the no of matches played from Aug - Dec for both LD & LCW:

LCW : 6 tournaments with 27 matches played:
    world champ (4) , Macau GP (6) , China Masters (4), Japan (2) , Hong Kong (5) , China Open (1) , SS Finals (5)

LCW's performance: QF--F--SF--R16--F--R32--F

LD: 6 tournaments with 34 matches played:
    world champ (6) , China Masters (5) , China National Games (Team & Individual: 8 ) , French (5) , China Open (5) , East Asian Games (5)

LD's performance: F--F--F--F--F--F

So Lin Dan actually played more matches than LCW in the last 4 months of 2009. Cheers!
    i am so appreciated that u actually posted this
    lcw had injured and out of competition for 2 months,lcw played 7 if u count carefully
    u mean,the 1st half of the year doesnt effect the 2nd half of the year?
    so the 1st half is excluded?this is a new thing i learned
    and travelling is a big problem in china?
    4 out of 6 tournament is within china border,lindan take train kah?
    oh oh,u didnt count lindan team event matches in ea games too
    please update the fact ya

Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast