Results 307 to 323 of 435
Thread: 2009 East Asian Games Hong Kong
12-13-2009, 02:03 PM #307
LOL, i'm not worried, in fact, i posted that article on LD lost.
Sunny days for the boleh fans and TH supporters indeed, it is LD and lyb contribution to the title poor countries LOL
1. limsy, in term of tireness to match played, why go back to 1st half of 2009? according to u, 2005-2008 match play affect 2nd half of 2009 too, right? lol
2. badssp07, u forgot the numerous LD appearances, exhibition matches and travelings in HK and within china, many of those aren't published. Since lcw and TH aren't famous, their fans don't appreciate or know about these things. Of course LD didn't specifically mention these celebrity functions because he doesn't want to embarass the lcw and TH fans. lol
3. regard to Choi Ho Jin, he likely end up as a footnote in the bwf ranking. Sure he is a lower ranked player but not seen by ld or coaching staff before. Absolutely no preparation for him. Yes, still LD had lost, count this as one time event. HOw many times lcw lost to much lower ranking players which his coach know about? , too many times LOL. As for TH, he lost to JP, a player he provided coaching advice to before as well LOL. TH also lost to much lower players several other occasions as well. Let LD lose couple more times to lower players like Choi Ho Jin before u start dancing in the street and handing out bon bon lol.
4. look at the whole eastern asian games, china don't give a hoot whether LD won or not. My guess is china attended this game because it was held in HK. It look bad if china doesn't send something decent there. Why send a high profile/ranking player like LD there? it's because LD going there as a celebrity and appearances purpose, much much more so than going there to play to win. We don't know what other functions ld has to attend beside playing badminton there.
let me give u a real example
liu jun who won the AE MS title in 1992 by beating legendary ZJH by a score:
Men's singles Liu Jun beat Zhao Jianhua 15–13, 15–13
Then about a month later, Liu Jun came to canada to play the 1992 canadian open. A tall good looking dude, and everyone thinks it's a cake walk for him. No, Liu Jun lost to Jae Chang Ahn of Korea, practically an unknown player at that time. Here is the inside scoop. While in calgary, some people here took liu jun to site seeing almost everyday, wine and dine him every nite. On the nite before the final, he was up at ~3am with guests, and oogling on the photography equips from this one photographer host. Now i wonder why he lost the next late morning match??? lol
If u deniers like to count this lost as official, sure, go ahead. LD lost a match to Choi Ho Jin, still way behind lcw and TH's embarassment losing to much lower players many times, in more serious badminton tournaments.
12-13-2009, 02:06 PM #308
it is not unusual for chinse players losing to young rookie koreans, it seem to be the norm. LD early days were tough against LHI and PSH but LD has overcame that.
12-13-2009, 02:08 PM #309
limsy, u have to be famous to know this
maybe one day, when u r famous, u'll know hehehehe
Last edited by cooler; 12-13-2009 at 02:12 PM.
12-13-2009, 02:15 PM #310
acording to cooler
1st,oh,i see,this concept is new,now we count badminton as 2 season in one year?new thing to learn
2nd,oh,too many function and event,all lindan supporter,dont hope to see lindan elsewhere than tournament badminton court,or else,u are one of the hand that contribute to lindan defeat
3rd,cooler is talking like aunty pjswift about the video record and pre match prepare who he used to tease and shoot
4th,lindan just to show face in hk ea games(arent there a article about lindan comment on match against hu yun will determine his chance to win the gold)
next time,x ball and indra can say
we go mamak stall before the match with lcw/taufik and have some snooker too,thats why they lost
Last edited by limsy; 12-13-2009 at 02:24 PM.
12-13-2009, 02:21 PM #311
poor that lindan didnt have driver for car and bus
no pilot for flight
he need to sit in driver seat to drive himself
same to the flight
lyb should have hired a driver or pilot for lindan to prevent he get to tired because of driving
cooler,why dont u ask lindan to play in malaysia open,singapore open,korea open and indonesia open next year?playing 4 tournament in 3 months within own country border sure get distract by media and fans
i though lyb had the most clever brain in the world,he dont know this?
cooler,u should takeover lyb place!
12-13-2009, 03:58 PM #312
If u keep thinking LD going to HK to play the east asian game for money or ranking point, u r 180 degree wrong. U see, LD go to HK to make up for his absent of the HKO, even if he was unprepared for the event.
before u question lyb's brain power, u should compare all other coaches's sucesss record first. Why did u miss the ocean and go yapping on little rain drops?
why not MO, IO, SO or KO? well if u don't get it i can't tell u as admin will for sure slap me silly
Last edited by cooler; 12-13-2009 at 04:00 PM.
12-13-2009, 04:12 PM #313
2. for real LD fans, his record speak for itself. Being with the fans is more important than winning a non-significant tourney. Even if LD do not win 1 title in 2010, he still holds more titles than lcw / TH
3. i dont understand u here
4. well, LD lied to screw the boleh bookies and gamblers. The power he wields
5. Well, none of xball, indra, taufik-list, TH nor LCW have gave those excuses before. They shoulda use it, right? or the sins were worser to be revealed than losing a title? LOLOLOL There is one big difference here. LD did it for national committments and sponsorship obligation. TH's snookering, boozing and whoppees are for self indulgences. If lcw didnt go to mamak stalls, he wouldn't gotten food poisoning, right?
Last edited by cooler; 12-13-2009 at 04:23 PM.
12-13-2009, 04:53 PM #314
pics of chj and ld
12-13-2009, 05:18 PM #315
I see the match as Lin Dan doesnt give his all for this match , if he plays like against Lee chong wei, he would have won the game!
12-13-2009, 05:21 PM #316
I do wonder why there is East Asian Games? The participants are only 8 countries. Each countries also did not sent their best players except for the host nation. (Example like badminton events here)
And let face it even if China lost all 7 golds here in badminton, they still will win East Asian Games. They leave Japan to dust in second place with over 100 gold medals total while Japan only had over 60 gold medals.
Next year Asian Games will be the real deal where all Asian countries will sent their best athletes to win golds.
But this event is good for young athletes like The China WS, MS and Korea MS. They can show what they got to their coach and who knows they got a chance to be in next year Thomas and Uber Cup rotation and got send to play more international events.
Last edited by hcpoirot; 12-13-2009 at 05:24 PM.
12-13-2009, 06:10 PM #317
East Asian Games exists for years, but this is first badminton year
event. LYB did have plan to send full squad to show his support
whether it is against his will or not. The higher authority only
cares about total medal counts and certainly careless about
other BWF events.
With EA Games failure in mind, I am sure LYB will definitely send
full squad for next year's Asian Games....
12-13-2009, 09:50 PM #318
12-13-2009, 10:03 PM #319
12-13-2009, 10:29 PM #320
i always thought LD had doubts when playing Korean players.
We cannot just say "he didn't try his best" or "he's tired". Those are just excuses. He lost because the player was better than him on that day. Simple as that. If Lin Dan was truely a good player, then he would have won with no sweat, but i can tell he had to work hard to win his points and that's because Choi was piling the pressure on him.
No one would choose to lose if he/she could help it, nor is there a good enough reason to do so. Lin Dan only chooses to lose when he has given all hopes of winning when he's struggling on court. The ain't good, and makes people think big of him like when he wants to win, he wins, when wants to lose, he loses. It's not like that. When u go on court, u do the best u can. When i saw LD play on that court, i knew he was doing his best and trying hard to win, but just cannot because his opponent was better prepared.
Credits to Choi! Not many players can get a set off Lin Dan now, let alone win the match. Hope to see Choi in more future tournaments.
It's not unusual for a country to hold a secret weapon until the time is right to use it.
Last edited by Heong; 12-13-2009 at 10:34 PM.
12-13-2009, 11:15 PM #321
12-14-2009, 12:03 AM #322
LD played a total of 5 matches at the EA Games, go check at tournamentsoftware.com yourself
After the Japan Open, LCW took 1.5 months rest, return to won 5 matches in HK and then lost in the 1st round of China Open, it is very OK for LCW to say he's tired while LD cannot say he's tired after 6 tournaments with 30+ matches ? you tell me
LD played only 4 tournaments in the 1st 8 months, then played 6 full-length tournaments in the remaining 4 months, which period is more tiring to him?
Did LD ever mention that travelling affected his performance ? what's this train thing ? you are so funny
12-14-2009, 12:08 AM #323
By george@chongwei in forum East Asian Games / South East Asian Games (SEA Games) 2009Replies: 1196: 01-04-2010, 02:00 AM
By ilovecp2007 in forum Badminton Tournament Video SharingReplies: 82: 12-19-2009, 05:37 AM
By Oldhand in forum Badminton Tournament Video SharingReplies: 22: 12-17-2009, 06:21 AM
By Amoz-mmo in forum China / Hong KongReplies: 0: 11-20-2008, 04:12 AM
By Cheung in forum General ForumReplies: 1: 09-24-2008, 09:47 AM