User Tag List

Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For those intereted in Choi Ho Jin, there's an article from a Chinese reporter chatting (online ?) to Li Mao:

http://sports.sina.com.cn/o/2009-12-...34744658.shtml

the folloiwng is the summary:

- CHJ is different from other players that LM hand picked,
    CHJ went through the tournaments to get into national team at the beginning of 2009. CHJ was in the Junior team in 2000.
    - CHJ's the only ranking is No 6 in Korean national team, and it's the age ranking.
    - CHJ is 24 years old and similar to Lin Dan, that he's from Army.
    - CHJ is not used to LM's teaching/langues who used a combination of Chinese/Korean/English, not until recently, LM started to teach him more and correct CHJ's techniques and chat with CHJ off the court.
    - LM's comment regarding CHJ, explosive, experienced player and still has potential.
    - CHJ is not the best in Korean team, there're about 10 players similar to his level currently.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah amusing haha!! this is the closest we could see badminton fans around the world arguing towards each other without drawing blood. Long live badminton, long live badminton fans, long live the stupid badminton comments

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by clinton View Post
    For those intereted in Choi Ho Jin, there's an article from a Chinese reporter chatting (online ?) to Li Mao:

http://sports.sina.com.cn/o/2009-12-...34744658.shtml

the folloiwng is the summary:

- CHJ is different from other players that LM hand picked,
    CHJ went through the tournaments to get into national team at the beginning of 2009. CHJ was in the Junior team in 2000.
    - CHJ's the only ranking is No 6 in Korean national team, and it's the age ranking.
    - CHJ is 24 years old and similar to Lin Dan, that he's from Army.
    - CHJ is not used to LM's teaching/langues who used a combination of Chinese/Korean/English, not until recently, LM started to teach him more and correct CHJ's techniques and chat with CHJ off the court.
    - LM's comment regarding CHJ, explosive, experienced player and still has potential.
    - CHJ is not the best in Korean team, there're about 10 players similar to his level currently.
    CHJ reminded me a bit like Sho Sasaki. They can be nasty if one is dozing off or mind not in the game. These players come and goes as they don't last very long. Look at the top 12 MS,

1 Chong Wei Lee (MAL) 81771.1
    2 Dan Lin (CHN) 71344.6
    3 Taufik Hidayat (INO) 65060
    4 Peter Hoeg Gade Christensen (DEN) 63455.2
    5 Jin Chen (CHN) 62260
    6 Simon Santoso (INO) 56480
    7 Soni Dwi Kuncoro (INO) 55212
    8 Chunlai Bao (CHN) 53500
    9 Sung Hwan Park (KOR) 52926.7
    10 Jan O Jorgensen (DEN) 52307.8
    11 Tien Minh Nguyen (VIE) 50310
    12 Long Chen (CHN)

None i would label it as explosive as their staple weapon. In CHJ case, that is his core strength. Once that is burnt off, he is quite empty handed. That's why i've said CHJ has a better future as doubles than MS. Of course, some tips from LM on how to counter the chinese players helped. It helped LHI in KO too. My opinion of course.

Korean+chinese+english, that would be a mouthful.
    Kimchish?
    Last edited by cooler; 12-14-2009 at 04:40 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kind of a weird match, LD made too many errors, a lot were forced, but a few were bizarre, like letting a clear drop half a meter in, and just running off court, and too many trick shots, pushing out of bounds rather than easy net kill.
    LD had this hilarious shocked face every time CHJ smashed though, as if to say "what? you can't do that, is that allowed?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    let me correct u something, CHJ was not better than LD, he was just more prepared, more fit and energized than LD that day. Oh no, CHJ came from nowhere and is gonna rule badminton according to u. lol

u r dreaming every players play his best or try his best all the time. Take taufik, show me a match where he played his best for start to finish?
    I only said he was better than him on THAT day because he won the match. Did i say Choi was better than Lin Dan? If i did then I apologise for my disrespect. Either way, both players did well but Lin Dan just wasn't playing at his best. Whatever it is, we must give credit to Choi for being such a great opponent. Don't you agree, Cooler?

Nor did i say he was going to rule badminton. What i'm saying is that he is unusal and 'epic' for someone whom i have never seen achieve so big. I guess you can say it inspires me.

Taufik is taufik. Everyone has their own ways of winning. It's true that in reality today, the many players are influenced by their team whether to win or lose match which is a pity. I always enjoyed watching players try their best, but some countries tell their players sometimes not to win and would deliberately lose. It's a shame, but cannot be helped. Especially when it's the same country playing against each other in finals, most notable Chen Jin against Lin Dan in AE which i thought was fixed despite the 'injury'. But many can disagree with me.

But other than that. I don't see why players would deliberately lose. They get prize money right? and playing for their country??? Perhaps the motivation to win the questionable but no one would choose to lose without a good enough reason. Even a very lazy player wouldn't want to lose if he could help it with his name, family, country and the prize money on the line. So to sum it up, Taufik does try. He's just not as arrogant or doesn't seem as motivated to win as any other player. I'm not Taufik, so I'm not 100% sure, but this is only my view point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Funny, after watched the match.......It reminded me the words that Pjswift used to say.....'rote train'...

LD can wins easily to any top players in the world, but just lost to a new comer from Kor, that no body know him before this........maybe Chn team dont have time to study and so call 'rote train' LD about CHJ style of play.........

I am waiting for Pjswift to share her thought.........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by huangkwokhau View Post

Chinese fans should learn to be mature...
    hmmmnn....
    You should say SOME

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Heong View Post
    I only said he was better than him on THAT day because he won the match. Did i say Choi was better than Lin Dan? If i did then I apologise for my disrespect. Either way, both players did well but Lin Dan just wasn't playing at his best. Whatever it is, we must give credit to Choi for being such a great opponent. Don't you agree, Cooler?

Nor did i say he was going to rule badminton. What i'm saying is that he is unusal and 'epic' for someone whom i have never seen achieve so big. I guess you can say it inspires me.

Taufik is taufik. Everyone has their own ways of winning. It's true that in reality today, the many players are influenced by their team whether to win or lose match which is a pity. I always enjoyed watching players try their best, but some countries tell their players sometimes not to win and would deliberately lose. It's a shame, but cannot be helped. Especially when it's the same country playing against each other in finals, most notable Chen Jin against Lin Dan in AE which i thought was fixed despite the 'injury'. But many can disagree with me.

But other than that. I don't see why players would deliberately lose. They get prize money right? and playing for their country??? Perhaps the motivation to win the questionable but no one would choose to lose without a good enough reason. Even a very lazy player wouldn't want to lose if he could help it with his name, family, country and the prize money on the line. So to sum it up, Taufik does try. He's just not as arrogant or doesn't seem as motivated to win as any other player. I'm not Taufik, so I'm not 100% sure, but this is only my view point.
    No disagreement here on Choi HJ. Desire to win is a very strong force, even supercede other technical skills in my book.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tommy_bun View Post
    hmmmnn....
    You should say SOME
    sawoff shotgun is favorite tool of drive by shooters

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe Chn team dont have time to study and so call 'rote train' LD about CHJ style of play.........
    that is what i think as well.

i think LD has more chances of losing against someone has hasn't seen before rather than the usual players he would meet in the finals such as LCW, whom his team would have an idea of his weak points.

CHJ has a style unlike many others. Similar to LHI IMHO. Not only is he left handed but his footwork is great, pushing Lin Dan around the court and forcing him to make mistakes.

But the next time CHJ meets Lin Dan, his winning rate would decrease as there have been preparations after witnessing his win at the EA games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that is what i think as well.

i think LD has more chances of losing against someone has hasn't seen before rather than the usual players he would meet in the finals such as LCW, whom his team would have an idea of his weak points.

CHJ has a style unlike many others. Similar to LHI IMHO. Not only is he left handed but his footwork is great, pushing Lin Dan around the court and forcing him to make mistakes.

But the next time CHJ meets Lin Dan, his winning rate would decrease as there have been preparations after witnessing his win at the EA games.
    i might have to differ here. I think LHI is a more refined player than CHJ in almost all dept, footwork, fluidity, shot consistency, accuracy. CHJ do have explosiveness but we don;t know how long it last, LD didn't take it to a rubber set. As for statistic (not excuses)which anyone can count, most of CHJ's points were won by LD's careless unforce errors.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    acording to lindan spokesman in bc
    lindan get constant distraction from both media and fans
    i just know that his mental not any better than lcw that need to go KOREA to avoid attention
    hehe
    so,playing some exhibition matches with some social player is taxing for lindan too
    __________________________________________________ ________________

LD has been a badminton player since before 2000 when he was placed 3rd in the World Junior Singles Championship Tournament.
    How could he be affected by the so-called distraction from the media and his fans.
    The Korean rookie player should be the one who would be affected but not a seasoned and clever player like LD.
    What excuse will the Chinese players next come with when they fail to win?

__________________________________________________ _____________

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, i've said before, LD is generous as he knows when to give and when to take. Letting others to have 'some' titles are good for badminton, It lessen the jealousy tension
    Come on, no one would let the other side win except maybe to give the country a better chance.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by skchen View Post

LD has been a badminton player since before 2000 when he was placed 3rd in the World Junior Singles Championship Tournament.
    How could he be affected by the so-called distraction from the media and his fans.
    The Korean rookie player should be the one who would be affected but not a seasoned and clever player like LD.

isn't that good to know that actually lindan mentality is not that tough?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i might have to differ here. I think LHI is a more refined player than CHJ in almost all dept, footwork, fluidity, shot consistency, accuracy. CHJ do have explosiveness but we don;t know how long it last, LD didn't take it to a rubber set. As for statistic (not excuses)which anyone can count, most of CHJ's points were won by LD's careless unforce errors.
    Mmmm... good point there. LHI has always been known for all those aspects, and i do agree that CHJ's consistency is questionable. But we'll just have to wait and see how he performs in future tournaments. But this tournament shows that he definately has the potential. Lin Dan is now more wary of his abilities, so i guess he will need new tactics when facing him again next time.
    Agree.

Also, I doubt the lights, linesman or umpire had any affect on Lin Dan. He's experienced all these problems before and has learnt to overcome it already through his experience. I also doubt Lin Dan lost because he was tired. He's like, one of the fittest athletes out there, and can even afford to jump smash a few times. He ain't tired i reckon. Physical wise, Lin Dan is greater than Choi for sure, but in terms of mentality and consistency during that match... it just wasn't there.
    Last edited by Heong; 12-15-2009 at 01:30 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by skchen View Post

since LD win so often, be warned that he still has warehouse full of excuses he has not used yet. Yes, this korean has tons of pressure from his country as he is expected to beat LD.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mmmm... good point there. LHI has always been known for all those aspects, and i do agree that CHJ's consistency is questionable. But we'll just have to wait and see how he performs in future tournaments. But this tournament shows that he definately has the potential. Lin Dan is now more wary of his abilities, so i guess he will need new tactics when facing him again next time.

Agree.

Also, I doubt the lights, linesman or umpire had any affect on Lin Dan. He's experienced all these problems before and has learnt to overcome it already through his experience. I also doubt Lin Dan lost because he was tired. He's like, one of the fittest athletes out there, and can even afford to jump smash a few times. He ain't tired i reckon. Physical wise, Lin Dan is greater than Choi for sure, but in terms of mentality and consistency during that match... it just wasn't there.
    have u been mentally tired before

Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast