User Tag List

Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast
Results 409 to 425 of 435
  1. #409
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bay area/USA
    Posts
    39
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    im so confused but did Lin dan win the EA games for the team or individual event????

  2. #410
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bay area/USA
    Posts
    39
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by captainB View Post
    im so confused but did Lin dan win the EA games for the team or individual event????
    ok so now i knw LD lost the individual event....how bout team event???

  3. #411
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    18,417
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by captainB View Post
    ok so now i knw LD lost the individual event....how bout team event???
    Team CHN won the Gold Medals for both Team Events.

  4. #412
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by captainB View Post
    ok so now i knw LD lost the individual event....how bout team event???
    after 2005, LD losses are mostly from insignicant matches like:
    LD lost to lcw in 2008 Thomas cup SF but china won the TC afterward anyway.

    LD lost to lcw in 2007 sudirman cup but china won the Sudirman Cup anyway

    in 2006 asian game, LD lost to taufik in individual event but LD beat taufk in preliminary and team events
    Last edited by cooler; 12-17-2009 at 03:22 AM.

  5. #413
    Regular Member ctjcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    u.s.a.
    Posts
    19,157
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default ^^How about these "insignificant" matches??..^^

    ..where LD laid down his racket:
    YONEX GERMAN OPEN 2006 - to Chen Hong
    CHINA MASTERS 2006 - to Peter Gade
    PROTON MALAYSIA OPEN 2006 - LD's infamous loss & meltdown to Dato LCW
    CHINA OPEN 2006 - to Bao Chun Lai
    PROTON MALAYSIA SUPER SERIES 2007 - to Park Sung-hwan
    WILSON SWISS OPEN SUPER SERIES 2007 - to Simon Santoso
    AVIVA OPEN SINGAPORE SUPER SERIES 2007 - to Boonsak Ponsana
    YONEX OPEN JAPAN SUPER SERIES 2007 - to Dato LCW
    FRENCH SUPER SERIES 2007 - to Bao Chun Lai
    CHINA OPEN SUPER SERIES 2007 - to Park Sung-hwan
    YONEX KOREA OPEN SUPER SERIES 2008 - LD's other infamous loss & meltdown to Lee Hyun Il
    YONEX ALL ENGLAND SUPER SERIES 2008 - loss (some would say "gift loss") to Chen Jin
    BADMINTON ASIA CHAMPIONSHIP 2008 - loss (some would say "gift loss") to Chen Jin
    YONEX SUNRISE HONG KONG OPEN SUPER SERIES 2008 - loss to Chen Jin
    WILSON SWISS OPEN SUPER SERIES 2009 - loss (some would say "gift loss") to Dato LCW
    DJARUM INDONESIA OPEN SUPER SERIES 2009 - to Chen Jin
    ..and recently
    EAST ASIAN GAMES 2009 - to none other than Choi Ho Jin
    Last edited by ctjcad; 12-17-2009 at 04:30 AM.

  6. #414
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ..where LD laid down his racket:
    YONEX GERMAN OPEN 2006 - to Chen Hong
    CHINA MASTERS 2006 - to Peter Gade
    PROTON MALAYSIA OPEN 2006 - LD's infamous loss & meltdown to Dato LCW
    CHINA OPEN 2006 - to Bao Chun Lai
    PROTON MALAYSIA SUPER SERIES 2007 - to Park Sung-hwan
    WILSON SWISS OPEN SUPER SERIES 2007 - to Simon Santoso
    AVIVA OPEN SINGAPORE SUPER SERIES 2007 - to Boonsak Ponsana
    YONEX OPEN JAPAN SUPER SERIES 2007 - to Dato LCW
    FRENCH SUPER SERIES 2007 - to Bao Chun Lai
    CHINA OPEN SUPER SERIES 2007 - to Park Sung-hwan
    YONEX KOREA OPEN SUPER SERIES 2008 - LD's other infamous loss & meltdown to Lee Hyun Il
    YONEX ALL ENGLAND SUPER SERIES 2008 - loss (some would say "gift loss") to Chen Jin
    BADMINTON ASIA CHAMPIONSHIP 2008 - loss (some would say "gift loss") to Chen Jin
    YONEX SUNRISE HONG KONG OPEN SUPER SERIES 2008 - loss to Chen Jin
    WILSON SWISS OPEN SUPER SERIES 2009 - loss (some would say "gift loss") to Dato LCW
    DJARUM INDONESIA OPEN SUPER SERIES 2009 - to Chen Jin
    ..and recently
    EAST ASIAN GAMES 2009 - to none other than Choi Ho Jin
    u have great memory chris.
    just for completeness, here are few more (some mentioned before)

    here are some i remembered.
    2008 Thomas Cup - to datuk lcw
    2007 Sudirman Cup - to datuk lcw
    2006 asian game - to taufik in individual MS final
    2005 All England - to chen hong
    2005 WC - to taufik
    2004 Athen Olympic - to Ronald Susilo

    i think LD lost to LHI one other time beside the 2008 Korea Open
    Last edited by cooler; 12-17-2009 at 01:28 PM.

  7. #415
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    u have great memory chris.
    for completeness, how about 2006 and before?

    here are some i remembered.
    2006 asian game - to taufik in individual MS final
    2005 All England - to chen hong
    2004 Athen Olympic - to Ronald Susilo
    to psh in mas open 2004 and lcw in mas open 2005

  8. #416
    Regular Member ctjcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    u.s.a.
    Posts
    19,157
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Off topic-Unfortunately..

    Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    u have great memory chris.
    just for completeness, here are few more (some mentioned before)

    here are some i remembered.
    2008 Thomas Cup - to datuk lcw
    2007 Sudirman Cup - to datuk lcw
    2006 asian game - to taufik in individual MS final
    2005 All England - to chen hong
    2005 WC - to taufik
    2004 Athen Olympic - to Ronald Susilo

    i think LD lost to LHI one other time beside the 2008 Korea Open
    ..my memory only serves from the time i started in BC (late 2004). Anything before that, you should know better as i have no clue whatsoever, although i know LD had other losses.
    Here are some of his other "insignificant" matches (late 2004-2005):
    CHINA OPEN 2005 - to Chen Hong
    DJARUM INDONESIA OPEN 2004 - to Taufik Hidayat

    *hope you'll mark this page in your Favorite links for future reference.
    Last edited by ctjcad; 12-17-2009 at 02:29 PM.

  9. #417
    Regular Member robin7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Puchong Prima
    Posts
    13,684
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    For those who haven't watched LD-CHJ match, here you are.

    There are 4 parts:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IEBu0KcNpI

  10. #418
    Regular Member ctjcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    u.s.a.
    Posts
    19,157
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Or here as well..

    ..re-posting this video link:
    Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    watch LD and Choi's match here>> http://sports.cctv.com/20091213/101686.shtml

    enjoy

    first few points of the 1st set, Choi was making too much error though

  11. #419
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ..my memory only serves from the time i started in BC (late 2004). Anything before that, you should know better as i have no clue whatsoever, although i know LD had other losses.
    Here are some of his other "insignificant" matches (late 2004-2005):
    CHINA OPEN 2005 - to Chen Hong
    DJARUM INDONESIA OPEN 2004 - to Taufik Hidayat

    *hope you'll mark this page in your Favorite links for future reference.
    me??? i believe boleh and TH fans will book mark this more so

  12. #420
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    one small point i didn't mention before about CHJ because it doesn't alter the match result but if u look carefully, i say more than 75% of CHJ's serve is illegal, at shuttlelcontact, his top racket frame is higher than his service hand knuckles

  13. #421
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Smile

    hmm
    thanks cooler
    lets start with some statistic

    choi did 10 unforce error in 1st set,another 11 in 2nd set
    lindan did 9 unforce error in 1st set,12 unforce eror in 2nd set(include the final point that lindan fail to it the birdie)

    choi score with 6 smash+2 leaping smash+one drive+two net kill in 1st set
    lindan score with 5 smash+1 cross court smash in 1st set

    choi score with 2 smash+2 leaping smash+1 cross court smash+1 back hand smash+1 fake smash+1 net kill in 2nd set
    lindan score one cross court smash in 2nd set

    with the amout of unforce error by opponent,the usual lindan can finish off his opponent below 10 points
    well
    i would say that,lindan is taking choi abit lightly
    choi smash is strong,but i think lindan didnt clear the shuttle to the save area thus choi able to smash it.
    just a off day for lindan. full stop.

  14. #422
    Regular Member robin7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Puchong Prima
    Posts
    13,684
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    watch LD and Choi's match here>> http://sports.cctv.com/20091213/101686.shtml enjoy
    first few points of the 1st set, Choi was making too much error though
    Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ..re-posting this video link:
    Thanks. Much better quality.

  15. #423
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Korea
    Posts
    2,382
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    one small point i didn't mention before about CHJ because it doesn't alter the match result but if u look carefully, i say more than 75% of CHJ's serve is illegal, at shuttlelcontact, his top racket frame is higher than his service hand knuckles
    As far as I know, that rule has been changed. Now you just need to have the shaft pointing downward. You may still be right, but now the frame can be higher than the knuckles and still be within the rules.

  16. #424
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Carboard box mansion
    Posts
    1,000
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    its been a while since i've seen Lin Dan lose like this... being attacked from all angles...

  17. #425
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Korea
    Posts
    2,382
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    one small point i didn't mention before about CHJ because it doesn't alter the match result but if u look carefully, i say more than 75% of CHJ's serve is illegal, at shuttlelcontact, his top racket frame is higher than his service hand knuckles
    That rule change was discussed in this thread, which includes this image, which shows a shaft on a downward angle but where the knuckles would definitely be below the top of the racquet frame.

Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 2009 South East Asian (SEA) Games, Laos
    By george@chongwei in forum East Asian Games / South East Asian Games (SEA Games) 2009
    Replies: 1196
    : 01-04-2010, 02:00 AM
  2. East Asian Games 2009
    By ilovecp2007 in forum Badminton Tournament Video Sharing
    Replies: 82
    : 12-19-2009, 05:37 AM
  3. 2009 South-East Asian Games, Laos (SEA Games) - MAS vs SIN
    By Oldhand in forum Badminton Tournament Video Sharing
    Replies: 22
    : 12-17-2009, 06:21 AM
  4. Hong Kong (Kowloon East) Area
    By Amoz-mmo in forum China / Hong Kong
    Replies: 0
    : 11-20-2008, 04:12 AM
  5. 2009 East Asian Games
    By Cheung in forum General Forum
    Replies: 1
    : 09-24-2008, 09:47 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •