Results 1 to 17 of 154
11-06-2009, 06:38 AM #1
SuperSeries Winners and statistics
Further on the discussions of the SuperSeries MS players on the other thread Iíve complied the results of the 34 SS tournaments played so far with more details for the MS (see attached file).
There are some statistics as predicted and some not so obvious, for example, among the top winners (+ TH),
1) LD & LCW with most MS titles, 18 between them out of the 34 played,
2) LCW is the most hard working one that played in 30 out of the 34,
3) LD & TH are the opposite that played in 21 only, with BCL not far behind with 22,
4) LD, every 3 tournaments that played he will be in the final for 2 of them and with a winning ratio close to 50% (10/21), quite an achievement,
5) As for LCW, a 50% chance that he will be in the final for the ones that he entered and with a winning ratio of just less than 25% (8/30), second only to LD.
6) With the tournaments both LD & LCW entered (19 of them), LD won 8 and LCW got 4.
7) The percentages for them to be in the SF or further,
TH (38%) and
Very consistent overall.
8) Now for the MD, the top 4 are fairly equal and dominating. Between them they won 27 out of the 34 (close to 80% or 4 out of the 5).
Here comes the not so obvious,
9) BCL as the Mr Runner Up? Not even close! BCL with 3 and TH with 5, but the real Mr Runner Up LCW with 7.
10) TR as the top WS winner. What an achievement with her injuries and surrounded by the endless Chinese and Chinese born players.
11) The most titles won? Not LD with 10, nor the great GL and the KOR wonderkid (-ish) LYD both with 11 but YY with 12 already. And she is only 22 and Olympics champion.
12) ZTT of CHN, the under achiever in some peopleís mind actually got 7 titles under her belt and reigning world champion as well.
13) Also from CHN, the loveable ZYW has 9 titles with 4 different partners.
The list can go on and youíre welcome to explore the attached excel file and discuss.
11-06-2009, 10:55 AM #2
11-06-2009, 11:17 AM #3
I like that..way much better from Narnia...thats the facts...
Keep your good work!
11-06-2009, 12:22 PM #4
Very nice. I like the stats on the last sheet.
I notice that PG and SDK percentage of winning the tournament if they are in the finals is 100%. I got that by Winner/(winner + runner up). They both have won tournaments, but 0 for runner up.
So their % of winning the tournament if they are in the finals are:
Again, GOOD JOB with the stats list.
11-06-2009, 12:36 PM #5
11-06-2009, 01:33 PM #6
thanks for ur wonderfull research
11-06-2009, 02:05 PM #7
11-06-2009, 03:28 PM #8
YY is only 22? She looks a lot older.
11-06-2009, 03:55 PM #9
This is an excellent post. Thanks for it. Please keep it updated. I am fairly amazed to see a totally up-to-date list for something like this, so it will be astonishing if you keep it up.
11-06-2009, 04:46 PM #10
Great effort by Alan, very informative!
Can this thread or file be sticky?
11-06-2009, 05:02 PM #11
^^It can be stickied..^^
..but since tourneys are ongoing events, AlanY (or anyone else) will need to update it everytime and attach another set of stats file every so often.
Now, if there's a way AlanY could program or make the file update by itself after each tourney, without him having to manually input/change the numbers, then that'll be fantastic.
11-06-2009, 05:59 PM #12
Waw. Good stats!
11-06-2009, 10:17 PM #13
11-07-2009, 06:57 PM #14
Excellent post, AlanY. Keep up the good effort. The world ranking system should be based on this.
11-08-2009, 01:29 AM #15
Excellent statistic provided by AlanY.Keep up the good job.
11-08-2009, 01:52 AM #16
With the defeat to MK-HS in the just concluded French Open,KKK-TBH have lost their proud record of winning all the SS Open Finals they played in so far.
11-08-2009, 03:33 PM #17
So glad to be of your service
I'll try to update the tables after each SS, should take only 5-10 mins top.
Tables updated to include MD and a couple errors corrected.
Last edited by AlanY; 11-08-2009 at 03:39 PM.
By AlanY in forum German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2011Replies: 0: 03-10-2011, 04:06 AM
By wing-omega5-0 in forum General ForumReplies: 7: 06-05-2009, 03:56 AM
By ants in forum Badminton StringReplies: 9: 08-27-2005, 06:08 AM
By ironchef in forum General ForumReplies: 4: 01-13-2005, 07:04 AM
By carbonex21 in forum Jonas Rasmussen ForumReplies: 2: 12-11-2003, 06:19 PM