User Tag List

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Results 52 to 68 of 154
  1. #52
    Regular Member AlanY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    England
    Posts
    4,441
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    includes mas and korea open this year.
    yes, if you take out the 2 t'ments without the first team you ended up with 27 titles from 8 t'ments, that's almost 7 titles for 2 t'ments. this is not good, not good for badminton at all. just like tennis when the 2 williams sisters paly against each other, no matter how good they are I just can't pick up the energy to watch.

    it's up to the rest of the world to catch up rather than waiting for CHN to drop their standard or even slow down the rate that they produce more and more world class shuttlers.

    competition in MD is very good and health, if only we have something similar in the other 4 events then badminton will be in a better shape to move forward.
    Last edited by AlanY; 11-23-2009 at 02:08 AM.

  2. #53
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Badmintonshire
    Posts
    1,563
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlanY View Post
    yes, if you take out the 2 t'ments without the first team you ended up with 27 titles from 8 t'ments, that's almost 7 titles for 2 t'ments. this is not good, not good for badminton at all. ..
    ... I don't know, expecially after watching CO... maybe we should say this is not good for the popularity of badminton...

    but it might not be the case if technically...

    look at the MS finals with WD and WS finals in CO... I would rather like to watch the more exciting WS / WD finals... it's boring and torturing to watch the lopsided MS final...

    it's no good for badminton if other countries did not improve good enough to compete with China... for the sake of badminton sports, we should also not be expecting for Chinese standard to drop in order to allow for more competitiveness....

    thank god that China, especially LD in MS and their WS/WD players, still strives for perfection even they are now in a leading position...
    Last edited by Jonc108; 11-23-2009 at 05:26 AM.

  3. #54
    Regular Member AlanY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    England
    Posts
    4,441
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    the porblem is matches between CHN players are never competitive with the exception in finals, even that is not a given (e.g. 2008AE MS). Otherwise they will play for the best of 1, i.e. whoever lost the first game forfeit the match. tough luck if you're a slow starter! Or, the coach will decide the player with better chance to go further and win (e.g. 2000 OLY WS semi).

  4. #55
    Regular Member ctjcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    u.s.a.
    Posts
    19,157
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default I concur..

    Quote Originally Posted by AlanY View Post
    the porblem is matches between CHN players are never competitive with the exception in finals, even that is not a given (e.g. 2008AE MS). Otherwise they will play for the best of 1, i.e. whoever lost the first game forfeit the match. tough luck if you're a slow starter! Or, the coach will decide the player with better chance to go further and win (e.g. 2000 OLY WS semi).
    ..and that goes pretty much with other countries, not just CHN, esp. if it's a match involving the same national team players.

  5. #56
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ..and that goes pretty much with other countries, not just CHN, esp. if it's a match involving the same national team players.
    ohoh
    hafiz almost slayed lcw in hko

  6. #57
    Regular Member aulia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Pekanbaru, Indonesia
    Posts
    2,559
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ..and that goes pretty much with other countries, not just CHN, esp. if it's a match involving the same national team players.
    well, I don't know if team Ina has team order too.

  7. #58
    Regular Member AlanY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    England
    Posts
    4,441
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    we can speculate but it's hard to prove it one way or the other. even CHN's head coach LYB sort of confirmed it I suppose.

  8. #59
    Regular Member ctjcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    u.s.a.
    Posts
    19,157
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Not so much of that..

    Quote Originally Posted by aulia View Post
    well, I don't know if team Ina has team order too.
    ..it's just hard to enjoy 2 same compatriots playing against each other..maybe very few cases (if they're really2 good: Sigit & Candra vs. Tony & Halim)..

  9. #60
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Badmintonshire
    Posts
    1,563
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ..and that goes pretty much with other countries, not just CHN, esp. if it's a match involving the same national team players.
    agree, it's not a problem with CHN only, just because the mighty CHN have the most chances to have this happened in front of us, as they have so many good players that are able to proceed to QF and/or SFs...

    this is a case of vested interest vs moral standard...

    take an example, one day in Semi-Final of WC or OG, LCW vs Hafiz on upper half, LD vs PG on the other half, as Malaysian or Malaysian coach, which one between LCW and Hafiz would you like to be in the Final?? would they consider a gold medal / WC more important or fair play more important??? a big struggle I guarrantee you...

  10. #61
    Regular Member AlanY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    England
    Posts
    4,441
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonc108 View Post
    agree, it's not a problem with CHN only, just because the mighty CHN have the most chances to have this happened in front of us, as they have so many good players that are able to proceed to QF and/or SFs...

    this is a case of vested interest vs moral standard...

    take an example, one day in Semi-Final of WC or OG, LCW vs Hafiz on upper half, LD vs PG on the other half, as Malaysian or Malaysian coach, which one between LCW and Hafiz would you like to be in the Final?? would they consider a gold medal / WC more important or fair play more important??? a big struggle I guarrantee you...
    the question is can the coach apply such pressure, and will the players comply?
    I guess the answer is yes to both for team CHN, not quite sure about the others. KOR is most certainly yes. DEN, may be. ENG, not a chance!

  11. #62
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonc108 View Post
    agree, it's not a problem with CHN only, just because the mighty CHN have the most chances to have this happened in front of us, as they have so many good players that are able to proceed to QF and/or SFs...

    this is a case of vested interest vs moral standard...

    take an example, one day in Semi-Final of WC or OG, LCW vs Hafiz on upper half, LD vs PG on the other half, as Malaysian or Malaysian coach, which one between LCW and Hafiz would you like to be in the Final?? would they consider a gold medal / WC more important or fair play more important??? a big struggle I guarrantee you...
    hafiz is under hendrawan and lcw is under misbun
    there is not the mastermind behind all malaysian coach like china have lyb

  12. #63
    Regular Member AlanY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    England
    Posts
    4,441
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    hafiz is under hendrawan and lcw is under misbun
    there is not the mastermind behind all malaysian coach like china have lyb
    may be this is one of the reason for MAS being such a failure in terms of BIG titles!
    Last edited by AlanY; 11-24-2009 at 05:11 AM.

  13. #64
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlanY View Post
    may be this is one of the reason for MAS being such a failure in terms of BIG titles!
    haha
    ya
    we should hire lyd after he retired(when china have 100 wc under him)

  14. #65
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Badmintonshire
    Posts
    1,563
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlanY View Post
    the question is can the coach apply such pressure, and will the players comply?
    I guess the answer is yes to both for team CHN, not quite sure about the others. KOR is most certainly yes. DEN, may be. ENG, not a chance!
    look from another perspective, I think the fundamental conflict is that CHN effectively (or administratively) treats badminton as a team sport rather than individual sport... therefore team discipline / honour prevails everything...

    for example even in the most professional soccer team, a coach like Alex Ferguson could determine which player to play what role in a match, could determine whether they are allowed to be in the starting line-up that he thought standing best chance for winning the game, or determine to send 2nd players for a match (like last night) that he thought not important, or to skip from competitions (like he did to MU in a cup competition (FA Cup??) a few years ago)... or even sell the player who didn't obey him (like LYB did to WC/ZM and AF did to Beckham and the like)...

    ... and even more play into the grey areas of the rules exist in sports like soccer or NBA matches... dive, fake injury,... tricks are inevitably part of the game, unfortunately, even in the most professional sports...

    unless we call for a 100% trick-free (which I don't think it's possible) rules for sports, or put certain tricks into criminal offences (like team-ordering rules in F1, which was in fact based on other vested-interest reasons), tricks would still exist as long as they are not offending any existing writting law or sports rules... and people would play tricks for maximum benefits...

    here is the question, why people tolerates such coah-order-and-players-complied things in other sports but not badminton (as both are serving the purpose of the team's benefit only)???

    unless it involves criminal offences (like bribery, or match-fixing due to illegal gambling, etc...)

    so it's just a conflict of philosophy.

  15. #66
    Regular Member AlanY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    England
    Posts
    4,441
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Updated with KOREA SUPER SERIES 2010 results

    Updated with KOREA SUPER SERIES 2010 results
    Attached Files Attached Files

  16. #67
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Badmintonshire
    Posts
    1,563
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    the Chinese Team still able to grab 3 titles (WS, WD and XD) without sending the full team... the rest of the world really need to catch up...

  17. #68
    Regular Member AlanY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    England
    Posts
    4,441
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Updated with Malaysia SUPER SERIES 2010 results

    Updated with Malaysia SUPER SERIES 2010 results.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 2011 AE statistics
    By AlanY in forum German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2011
    Replies: 0
    : 03-10-2011, 03:06 AM
  2. Any statistics available out there?
    By wing-omega5-0 in forum General Forum
    Replies: 7
    : 06-05-2009, 02:56 AM
  3. WC 05 Stringing Statistics
    By ants in forum Badminton String
    Replies: 9
    : 08-27-2005, 05:08 AM
  4. badminton statistics?
    By ironchef in forum General Forum
    Replies: 4
    : 01-13-2005, 06:04 AM
  5. Vital statistics
    By carbonex21 in forum Jonas Rasmussen Forum
    Replies: 2
    : 12-11-2003, 05:19 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •