Will be visiting SD next week, ? on BPAC

Discussion in 'USA West' started by n3w813, Nov 6, 2009.

1. n3w813

n3w813 Regular Member

Systems Admin
    I will be visiting San Diego next weekend and would like to know if membership is required to play at the Balboa Park Activities Center on Saturday from 10am - 2pm.

If it is open to the public, is there an entrance fee?

2. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

3. n3w813

n3w813 Regular Member

Systems Admin
    Thanks, Chris....I tried posting and the email, but was denied since I'm not a member of the group. :(

4. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

5. n3w813

n3w813 Regular Member

Systems Admin
    Cool, thanks! :)

BTW, will u be visiting ABC in the near future? Haven't really got to play with u yet :D

6. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^Off topic-I usually play @ ABC..^^

..on Saturday and Sunday evenings, after 6 pm (if i have no other schedules).
    But if you'd like, you can join me Saturdays for an afternoon baddy session (2-5pm) @ Pomona College/Claremont Colleges..:cool:
    *Psst, they're going to hold a mini-tournament next month just before Christmas break (it's a regular event they do every semester/every school yr). Open Doubles & maybe Singles (if have enough people) formats. And only 1 day. Best of all, it's free to join; so come, come, join the fun.:)

7. shreky

shreky Regular Member

hey n3w813 .... please post later about this place .... i'm going there in december. thanks.

8. n3w813

n3w813 Regular Member

Systems Admin
    Played at BPAC today from 10am to 2pm. The gym is divided into 3 sections, 1 section is used for table tennis. 2 sections of 5 courts each are used for badminton. One section is only for private club players, the other is public use. The public side had mostly beginner to low-intermediate players. The private side is mostly intermediate and above. No entrance fees for the public side.

The queuing system for the public side is limited by time of play, not by match, in 30-minute increments. If you are alone, you will need to find a partner before you can reserve a court.

The floors are wooden but clean, so grip is pretty good. There are marked lines for both badminton and volleyball courts.

Overall, the staff and players were friendly. Would definitely recommend this place for other visiting players. :)