UK Purchase

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by Babyface, Nov 6, 2009.

1. Babyface

Babyface Regular Member

Student
    Hi,
    As everyone knows, Yonex do not recommend higher than 24 tension to the racquets etc (at least from warranty)
    i am looking to purchase a new racquet from either centralsports.co.uk or directsportseshop.co.uk.

I usually string to 28lbs and seeing as the price is exactly the same from both websites, i was wondering whether it would be worth risking to 28lbs or to just get the 24lbs (recommended) from the store and wait till the string snaps to get my local stringer to do it my desired tension.

which of the two have the better stringers?

Many thanks

2. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

central sports

central sports by along way !!! I have bad experinces with directsporteshop and i do not recomend them at all!!
    My advice use central sports !!

3. Babyface

Babyface Regular Member

Student
    thanks mate.
    would you recommend getting the racquet done at my prefered tension or the recommended tension?

4. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    I would say get the recommended tension first but be prepared to change the strings.

Each machine has a different calibration so what strings at 24lbs on one machine may be equivalent to 28lbs on another machine. I went into one shop asking for my usual 28lbs but they said it shouldn't need to be that high for their own machine. So I tried 24lbs out and it was OK.

5. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

actually according to the yonex book the 3U nanospeeds (9900,8000,7000) are recomended 20-25lbs however armortecs are recomended 19-24lbs
    If you are currently using BG65s @ 28lbs why not try BG80s at 25-26lbs because i have heard that they are rufly the same when you string BG80s 2lbs lower
    Its your choice however i would recomend that you use a thinner guage at a lower tension which should give the performance of BG65 at 28 if that is what you are using