User Tag List

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
Results 154 to 170 of 248

Thread: Li Ning Strings

  1. #154
    Regular Member Blitzzards's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    GMT-04:00
    Posts
    1,436
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greblu View Post
    Blitzzards since you are also a N90 user, what is you current favorite string setup?

    (I am formaly used NBG 98, BG 80 P but recently they break too fast, 1-3 sessions and they are gone, so i have to use bg 65 and nbg 95, 99 but i am not completely satisfied with them.. so i am looking for something new which gives me good power but also supports my net play.)
    Personally I would choose NS-30 out of the three that I have reviewed here. It is just cheaper and has on par performance compared to the other two. Not to mention the awesome impact feel that even Mark is surprised at.

    Quote Originally Posted by Accordaz View Post
    Hey Blitzzards. Thanks for sharing your minds.
    Well, interestingly you've considered NS-70 as very similar to BG66S in your first review. In this second review you think NS-30 is very similar to BG66S. What now? Are NS-30 and NS-70 pretty similar or why do they both remember you of BG66S?

    Unfortunately I don't know how BG66S feels. But I'd say VS850 is the crispiest string in the market. Which string of Li-Ning would you describe as crispiest string?

    In the first review you described both strings as very repulsive.

    How do you know if they (LD, CL, XC) are using NS-30? It could be NS-70 or NS-95 as well? Or any other string from another brand? :P

    And the last question: From where did you get the strings?
    stringersworld.co.uk unfortunately does not have any yellow strings

    EDIT: Oh now... You've written that NS-70 seems to have the same high tension loss like the VS850?
    Yes sir, that is correct. NS-70 just seems to loose tension too quickly. Otherwise if I can get both NS-30 and NS-70 freshly strung at every game, both do feel similar to BG66S. However in the long run, NS-30 feels more akin to BG66S. Another similar string is Yonex BG80 Power. NS-30 is as Mark has also reviewed, extremely crispy on impact feel, maybe on par with VS850. I have not tried VS850 so Mark may have the better answer to this.

    You can check here on what I found about LD's racquet string. From my observation CL and XC also seem to be using the same string with the same characteristics.

  2. #155
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    M'sia KL
    Posts
    339
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Juz strung my MX80 with NS-30 Yellow @ 26/28. Will give it a go at tmrw game and see how it fairs. My strings with Li-Ning by far are AP62 and AP62+ only. Love the overall feeling but the downside - breaks easily even for AP62+ hope NS-30 can perform better in play and durability

  3. #156
    Regular Member Mark A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    St Helens, UK
    Posts
    3,747
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzzards View Post
    Another similar string is Yonex BG80 Power. NS-30 is as Mark has also reviewed, extremely crispy on impact feel, maybe on par with VS850. I have not tried VS850 so Mark may have the better answer to this.
    Comparing the two, the VS850 is the more "metallic", but they're both very, very direct.

    The NS30 has already won the tension loss battle - I may be bumping my rating up to 9/10 after tomorrow because the note just refuses to drop.

    Not to mention the awesome impact feel that even Mark is surprised at.
    Indeed - no other 0.70 has ever come close to this.

  4. #157
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    1,113
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark A View Post
    Comparing the two, the VS850 is the more "metallic", but they're both very, very direct.

    The NS30 has already won the tension loss battle - I may be bumping my rating up to 9/10 after tomorrow because the note just refuses to drop.

    Indeed - no other 0.70 has ever come close to this.
    This is is quite interesting. I first tried the VS850 string after reading your review and loved it. However as many have said, it looses tension fast and with it, performance too quickly for my liking and so I've been nosing around for something that has the same qualities as VS850 (feel, sound, roughness, power) but without the massive tension loss.

    If the LN NS30 is that string I've been searching for, then I'll give it a go. As a matter of interest, where are LN strings made?

    I've compared BG80 with VS850 back to back, and find that whilst they have similar characteristics, BG80 feels harder and has less feel when compared to VS850. Never tried BG80P, might be closer to VS850? Anyone?

  5. #158
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    53
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by R20190 View Post
    This is is quite interesting. I first tried the VS850 string after reading your review and loved it. However as many have said, it looses tension fast and with it, performance too quickly for my liking and so I've been nosing around for something that has the same qualities as VS850 (feel, sound, roughness, power) but without the massive tension loss.

    If the LN NS30 is that string I've been searching for, then I'll give it a go. As a matter of interest, where are LN strings made?

    I've compared BG80 with VS850 back to back, and find that whilst they have similar characteristics, BG80 feels harder and has less feel when compared to VS850. Never tried BG80P, might be closer to VS850? Anyone?
    tried BG80P having had BG80 and VS850 as favourites except the tension loss but BG80P is not as gripy/rough as the other two, it does retain tension a bit better i think but doesn't feel nice at all.

  6. #159
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    751
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Thanks Mark.

    If you have time, I am (and pretty sure some members more) interested how the NS30 performs compared to THE Victor string VS-850 only. What does it / is better than the VS-850? And would you call it as a "better VS-850 by LN"?

    The comparison is especially interesting because NS30 is 0.70 and VS850 0.68.

  7. #160
    Regular Member Mark A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    St Helens, UK
    Posts
    3,747
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by R20190 View Post
    This is is quite interesting. I first tried the VS850 string after reading your review and loved it. However as many have said, it looses tension fast and with it, performance too quickly for my liking and so I've been nosing around for something that has the same qualities as VS850 (feel, sound, roughness, power) but without the massive tension loss.

    If the LN NS30 is that string I've been searching for, then I'll give it a go.
    NS30 isn't as rough as BG80 or VS850 by any means, but it's definitely got more traction than, say, 65Ti or N95.

    On balance, I would take NS30 over VS850 - the tension holding is in a different galaxy, and the durability should be better as well.

    As a matter of interest, where are LN strings made?
    A couple of the early ones made me suspicious that Ashaway was their OEM, but now... not sure at all. Ashaway makes nothing close to NS30, so they may have their own fab these days.

  8. #161
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    1,113
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark A View Post
    NS30 isn't as rough as BG80 or VS850 by any means, but it's definitely got more traction than, say, 65Ti or N95.

    On balance, I would take NS30 over VS850 - the tension holding is in a different galaxy, and the durability should be better as well.



    A couple of the early ones made me suspicious that Ashaway was their OEM, but now... not sure at all. Ashaway makes nothing close to NS30, so they may have their own fab these days.
    Thanks Mark. Your string reviews always seem to be what I would say if I were to review them, and as I love thick strings, the NS30 should be my cuppa tea!

    I had a look on MBS and they don't seem to stock NS30. Where's the best place to get them from?

  9. #162
    Regular Member Mark A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    St Helens, UK
    Posts
    3,747
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by R20190 View Post
    I had a look on MBS and they don't seem to stock NS30. Where's the best place to get them from?
    You can get it from here, but I strongly suspect that Winston will be carrying it soon.

  10. Likes R20190 liked this post
  11. #163
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    TW, SG, HK
    Posts
    7,304
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Mark, as a long time VS850, you'd therefore recommend me switching (or at least trying) the NS30?

    You and I usually have similar string preferences anyway...

  12. #164
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    751
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Mark or Blitzzard, there are a lot of VS850 lovers. Will there ever be a VS850 vs NS30 comparison review made by you?
    Whatever, I'd like to get NS30 in yellow. Is there any NS30 in yellow available from a online seller like stringersworld.com?

  13. #165
    Regular Member Mark A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    St Helens, UK
    Posts
    3,747
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    Mark, as a long time VS850, you'd therefore recommend me switching (or at least trying) the NS30?

    You and I usually have similar string preferences anyway...
    If you're prepared to take the NS30 high enough - low 30's - provisionally, yes. 95% of the benefits and none of the drawbacks.

    At least throw a set in a racket.

  14. #166
    Regular Member Mark A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    St Helens, UK
    Posts
    3,747
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Winston tells me he's now carrying NS-30... and NS-50, which I'll be testing shortly - apparently it's Li ning's new factory string for their top-end rackets.

  15. #167
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    1,113
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark A View Post
    Winston tells me he's now carrying NS-30... and NS-50, which I'll be testing shortly - apparently it's Li ning's new factory string for their top-end rackets.
    Got a message from him this morning too about this. Ordered NS30 and NS50. And also BG85 - never tried before but some say it's a good string amongst the thicker gauges.

  16. #168
    Regular Member j4ckie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,662
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Isn't BG85 like .67 thick? That would make it a thin gauge imop But good to hear the NS-30 will be available easily now, that way I can sneak in a few packs for testing purposes on my next order. Although I'll have to decide which string I wanna play on the next 22 rackets first....as that'll be the reason to order from him in the first place

  17. #169
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    751
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    @blitzzards: You have also considered NS95 as one of the best string out of your recent tested strings in post here.
    On the other hand you say NS30 is "on par" to NS70 and NS95. If you would get sponsored by LN. Would you choose NS30 or NS95? I actually don't need to restring that often (most rackets strung at ~25lbs), so budget is in this regard not an issue.

    I'm asking because NS95 is much more expensive, and the stats are "better" according the official informations:
    NS 30 (0.70mm) Durability 8, replusion 7, Control 6 , Hitting sound 8 , Tension 7
    NS 50 (0.70mm) Durabiity 9, replusion 8 , Control 6 , Hitting sound 7 , Tension 10
    NS 70 (0.68mm) Durabiity 7, replusion 9 , Control 9 , Hitting sound 8 , Tension 7
    NS 95 (0.70mm) Durabiity 9, replusion 9 , Control 9 , Hitting sound 8 , Tension 7

    How would you rate them?
    Most important for me is the "feedback" / repulsion. Due the fact I don't let my rackets string at a very high tension, the durability just needs to be okay. Just better than VS-850 So wouldn't you choose NS95 too, in my case?

  18. Likes yshaun liked this post
  19. #170
    Regular Member demolidor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    @Hollanti
    Posts
    11,568
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Why would you even choose an 0.70 at 25lbs?

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 34
    : 03-12-2013, 03:11 PM
  2. Rougher strings vs softer strings
    By yan.v in forum Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools
    Replies: 9
    : 03-20-2012, 10:09 AM
  3. Strings just snapped, looking for advice for new strings.
    By Quelray in forum Badminton String
    Replies: 20
    : 04-18-2011, 09:16 PM
  4. Where get Li-Ning logo stencil to put on strings?
    By LiNing1 in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 1
    : 12-31-2009, 01:14 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •