User Tag List

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: Li Ning Strings

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[15 minutes already] ... Or you were using the nylons still right? This NS30 is starting to sound more interesting by the day , maybe something to throw in the AT700, see Winston has the elusive yellow as well ...
    Last edited by demolidor; 01-24-2013 at 01:51 PM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He does. Is the NS30 better than the NS95 then? Not much of an issue for me though as I will probably stay with thinner strings for my go-tos, having no issues with ZM65 or BG80 durability so far....although ZM65 reels are hard to come by atm

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I saw he had the yellow (since someone above was looking for it). Thick is not my preference also normally, BG80 still sufficient on most rackets . Tried Dink already for 65?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@demolidor: are you asking mark or me?

25lbs with 0.70mm <-> 25lbs with 0.68mm
    Is it really a big difference? Hitting sound seem to be even more impressive than other 0.68mm strings according mark's and blitzzards review.

I'm going to try 0.70mm for SW37 and N50-II. On the other side I'm looking for a VS850 replacement. So I could imagine to get it for N55 (main racket) too.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's asking you, because at 25lbs .68 strings should be sufficiently durable...so there would be no reason to go for .70. Usually people go for .7 strings when they string at 29+ because they don't want to break too many strings (for amateurs, paying all the stringing is the issue, for pros, not breaking strings during the rally or just the feeling are more important)

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Accordaz View Post
    @blitzzards: You have also considered NS95 as one of the best string out of your recent tested strings in post here.
    On the other hand you say NS30 is "on par" to NS70 and NS95. If you would get sponsored by LN. Would you choose NS30 or NS95? I actually don't need to restring that often (most rackets strung at ~25lbs), so budget is in this regard not an issue.

I'm asking because NS95 is much more expensive, and the stats are "better" according the official informations:
    NS 30 (0.70mm) Durability 8, replusion 7, Control 6 , Hitting sound 8 , Tension 7
    NS 50 (0.70mm) Durabiity 9, replusion 8 , Control 6 , Hitting sound 7 , Tension 10
    NS 70 (0.68mm) Durabiity 7, replusion 9 , Control 9 , Hitting sound 8 , Tension 7
    NS 95 (0.70mm) Durabiity 9, replusion 9 , Control 9 , Hitting sound 8 , Tension 7

How would you rate them?
    Most important for me is the "feedback" / repulsion. Due the fact I don't let my rackets string at a very high tension, the durability just needs to be okay. Just better than VS-850 So wouldn't you choose NS95 too, in my case?
    I really need to try NS95 at some point, but if you're a feedback-monger I can't really see anything in the "thick" classification matching NS30.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Juz broke my NS-30 due to mishit at the upper most 12 oclock. The shuttle got stucked in between the gap hahaha it feels good in most shots except net play, still trying to control the bounce. The string bed doesnt run as much compare to AP-62+ Will restring it again for another run
    Last edited by soulsync; 01-28-2013 at 09:18 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Accordaz View Post
    @blitzzards: You have also considered NS95 as one of the best string out of your recent tested strings in post here.
    On the other hand you say NS30 is "on par" to NS70 and NS95. If you would get sponsored by LN. Would you choose NS30 or NS95? I actually don't need to restring that often (most rackets strung at ~25lbs), so budget is in this regard not an issue.

I'm asking because NS95 is much more expensive, and the stats are "better" according the official informations:
    NS 30 (0.70mm) Durability 8, replusion 7, Control 6 , Hitting sound 8 , Tension 7
    NS 50 (0.70mm) Durabiity 9, replusion 8 , Control 6 , Hitting sound 7 , Tension 10
    NS 70 (0.68mm) Durabiity 7, replusion 9 , Control 9 , Hitting sound 8 , Tension 7
    NS 95 (0.70mm) Durabiity 9, replusion 9 , Control 9 , Hitting sound 8 , Tension 7

How would you rate them?
    Most important for me is the "feedback" / repulsion. Due the fact I don't let my rackets string at a very high tension, the durability just needs to be okay. Just better than VS-850 So wouldn't you choose NS95 too, in my case?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark A View Post
    I really need to try NS95 at some point, but if you're a feedback-monger I can't really see anything in the "thick" classification matching NS30.
    After testing BG80 Power, I summarise NS95 as a sort of thicker version of BG80 Power (thus has a more muted feel and with a heavier oomph). NS95 is a good string indeed, but I would say that it is more all around and feels the closest to an improved BG65.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Soulsync.. Where do you get your NS 30 from and how much?

Quote Originally Posted by soulsync View Post
    Juz broke my NS-30 due to mishit at the upper most 12 oclock. The shuttle got stucked in between the gap hahaha it feels good in most shots except net play, still trying to control the bounce. The string bed doesnt run as much compare to AP-62+ Will restring it again for another run

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got it from Proshuttle Balakong @ RM24 include stringing.
    I believe Stadium @ KLCC and any Studio R outlet should hav it as well

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

does anyone know where to get the large reel of the ns30 in HK ? ive only seen them in packs?
    and Blitzzards where do you get your ns30?
    any theories on why the chinese national team uses yellow strings?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They may like the color, they may be encouraged to do so to keep the whole yellow-red-China theme, or the yellow version differs from the white in some aspect. In my experience different colors of the same string can behave differently, especially the roughness of the surface can be different. Generally speaking most skillful players prefer rougher surfaces as they grip the shuttle better and allow you to control it better at the net and on sliced shots.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hashdam View Post
    any theories on why the chinese national team uses yellow strings?
    Their logo has to show up well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks... Soulsync. I haven't been able to find these strings at pertama or other li ning outlets.

Got it from Proshuttle Balakong @ RM24 include stringing.<br>
    I believe Stadium @ KLCC and any Studio R outlet should hav it as well

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yshaun View Post
    Thanks... Soulsync. I haven't been able to find these strings at pertama or other li ning outlets.
    No prob bro. I had the same prob locating this string for a while. Maybe not much demand for it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Called Li ning they don't have it. Many places have either old stock. It seems like a lot of people are not looking for thicker strings. I just strung another 2 racquets with AP 62 plus like I always do.
    No prob bro. I had the same prob locating this string for a while. Maybe not much demand for it.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Many people aren't looking for Li Ning strings at all. Around here, it's rather hard to get any string other than Yonex, and nearly impossible to get them on reels (and packs are 50%+ more expensive). Best bet is to mail one of the bigger internationally shipping online stores (my example for strings would be mybadmintonstore.com, for Victor products that'd be RKEP/squash_mart) and ask them if they will take it into their stock or can organize a reel or two for you.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast