Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Li Ning Strings

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    Many people aren't looking for Li Ning strings at all. Around here, it's rather hard to get any string other than Yonex, and nearly impossible to get them on reels (and packs are 50%+ more expensive). Best bet is to mail one of the bigger internationally shipping online stores (my example for strings would be mybadmintonstore.com, for Victor products that'd be RKEP/squash_mart) and ask them if they will take it into their stock or can organize a reel or two for you.
    The problem is I haven't tried any of these new NS strings. Wouldn't want to get a reel if I hate the feeling. But ap 62 plus.. Love everything about it. I seldom break strings anyway so it was never a big deal. It also holds tension pretty decent.

2. Likes KayakerSteve liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've just put a feeler out to Li Ning UK, and they tell me there's no such thing as a 200 m reel of NS30. There are, however, 200 m reels of NS95, and they can be had in the UK.

To be fair, if LN were going to make 200 m of something first, it had to be NS95.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I made that same inquiry Mark. Seems a bit strange to me, but I'm new to all this malarkey so perhaps it's not as odd as I think.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

damn!! you guys took all the NS-30 on MBS (only a few white left and no more yellow). Oh well, better than nothing

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blableblibloblu View Post
    damn!! you guys took all the NS-30 on MBS (only a few white left and no more yellow). Oh well, better than nothing
    Oi! I only took one!

To be fair, if I had been able to afford it I would have emptied Winston out... it's that good.

I'm curious to see how NS50 performs - I'm expecting an BG65 copy, but NS30 doesn't match anything on the Yonex books, so who knows?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark A View Post
    Oi! I only took one!

To be fair, if I had been able to afford it I would have emptied Winston out... it's that good.

I'm curious to see how NS50 performs - I'm expecting an BG65 copy, but NS30 doesn't match anything on the Yonex books, so who knows?
    I bought the other yellow NS30! Also got a set in white and a set of NS50!

Really looking forward to trying it out on my BSLYD when the VS850 break!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Li Nings arived this morning, and the NS30 yellow went straight in my Rev. It's very "grippy" - you can tell when weaving crosses.

Interestingly, the NS30 yellow isn't the same as the NS50 yellow - well, mine wasn't. My NS50 is the classic "optic" yellow, but the NS30 has less green in it - more of a "pastel" yellow.

Haven't done anything with the NS50 yet, but initial thoughts are that it's going to be a BG65 analog - seems thicker visually than the NS30, and the surface is less grippy. We'll see how it plays.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I cut my VS850 to try out the NS30 yesterday (I liked the VS850, but I didn't fall in love with it).

Even just pinging a shuttle across my room (no chance to play properly until Monday something felt right. Hopefully that feeling continues when I get to put it through it's paces properly.

I say hopefully, as we've discovered they don't sell bloody reels of it which makes sourcing a good quantity less attractive than some of the other strings. Maybe it would be better if I don't like it and fall in love with one of the Zymaxes instead

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Randomlegend View Post
    I cut my VS850 to try out the NS30 yesterday (I liked the VS850, but I didn't fall in love with it).

Even just pinging a shuttle across my room (no chance to play properly until Monday something felt right. Hopefully that feeling continues when I get to put it through it's paces properly.

I say hopefully, as we've discovered they don't sell bloody reels of it which makes sourcing a good quantity less attractive than some of the other strings. Maybe it would be better if I don't like it and fall in love with one of the Zymaxes instead
    Winston always has a bulk rate, but if you're sourcing in UK it could get pretty expensive if you're in the "30+ and must be fresh" boat. You'll have some Zymax soon enough to contrast it against.

Tried the NS30 yellow today, and, weirdly, it has a lower pitch than the blue at the same tension. Basically irrelevant, though - same frying-pan feel, same control, same power.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I'm not a 30+er and I'm not fussy enough (or notastudent enough) to worry about having fresh strings.

Even so, being able to buy reels would be so much better. It really does seem strange to me they aren't available.

EDIT: I don't know whether to be happy you've reminded me it's soon to be here or to berate you for teasing my poor Revelationless self.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Winston seems to have run out of NS30 already. I hereby call upon all BCers to campaign for an immediate restock.

I can't for the life of me figure out why NS30 is so "low" in the Li Ning range...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hahah he cant restock. Li Ning is on chinese new year break right now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Strung the N50 earlier at 30x32, and my "BG65 copy" judgement is hereby suspended...

hashdam - I forgot about CNY, and received much the same reply from Winston.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

i'm happy to see that you guys refer to it as CNY and not lunar new year!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well bloomin' 'eck.

Played with the NS30, yellow @ 25lbs (strung by yours truly ) for the first time tonight. I have never felt as much difference from a string. It's the best set of strings I have played with by a long margin (for me).

The touch was as good as I have had out of any string - my touch is crap so I'm probably not the best judge - but the power and control was just fantastic. From the first smash, there was just that lovely, crisp, satisfying crunch and a wide-eyed opponent.

I'm in love with it. I just hope the ZM65 or ZM62 lives up to or surpasses it, or I could be in for an expensive time staying in strings.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Ah, good: another convert! All us UKers are going to need to go in on a bulk buy from MBS once China wakes up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, it looks like NS30 also follows the "blue plays best" pattern - in direct comparison, at the same tension, I find the blue gives the better feel and "punch" (and tension-holding, weirdly).

I've yet to try the white, but I'll get some from Winston when China wakes up.

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast