Li Ning Strings

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Ferrerkiko, Nov 6, 2009.

1. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    Hi Bros: Any badminton fans here, got use Li Ning string before, how's it , is it good, can give your opinions, because i thinking to switch my current yonex string to either victor or Li ning ?

thanks!

2. xiAoqIan

xiAoqIan Regular Member

Auditor
    Last week went to bras basah..heard the china gal said Li-Ning going to launch new string with 0.62mm thickness..price wise cheaper than yy66..she said China side give 100% confident to this string..and they purposely make this string to fight with yy66..so just wait for this string to come out lo..

current string I hv tried it..it is no as good as yy..only AP90 and AP101 better feeling..but price sky high..:)

3. Ferrerkiko

audit assistant
  4. Ferrerkiko

audit assistant
    Hi bros: Kindly give more comment on this Li ning strings, if u have tried before....

Thank you!

5. isben

isben Regular Member

Engineer
    Be testing out this new 0.62mm string tomorrow night. Will be comparing it to BG66 and BG80.

6. Crimz

Crimz Regular Member

students
    Heard that the AP101 is the best Lining string so far and Lin Dan is using it? I'm giving it a go but AP90 definitely suxs.

7. Ferrerkiko

audit assistant
    Lin dan is using AP70, 0.70mm string!

8. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

I will also be testing the 0.62 very soon (I'm not sure of the model number) and comparing it to Zymax 62 and SOTX HS-63 - it will be a real uphill battle to beat Zy62, though:).

9. Jasonvan

Jasonvan Regular Member

Now only if the Zy62 is more durable... :p I've tried the AP101 it's alright, but Zy62 is probably the best string performance wise...

10. Badmeanturn

Badmeanturn Regular Member

Ap 85

Anybody have feedback on Li-ning AP85 string? Its the same price as Yonex BG80.

Thanks

11. ilovefuhaifeng

ilovefuhaifeng Regular Member

how much is stringing at the li-ning shop in singapore if u buy a racket?

12. CYW2006

CYW2006 Regular Member

Ap85Ti- quite good when it was strung but after 3-4 times play tension will lose a little bit....
    quite durable....

13. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

A set of Accupower 62 arrived this morning compliments of Winston of MBS. It will go in my NS9900 today and be test-driven from tomorrow evening.

Superficially, I doubt it's a "true" 0.62, as it looks more like slightly thinner-than-usual BG66, but I will do a direct comparison to Zy62. AP62 is only rated to 26 lbs, so it's not a Zy killer by any means, but we'll see what's what tomorrow:D.

Attached Files:

14. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Just put the Li-Ning into my NS9900. Very easy to work with, being so thin and obedient. The surface is smooth but not greasy, and has a bit of grip but not the sandpapery feel of Vectrans and Zy62 and 70.

I haven't got my vernier lying around, but side by side with Zy62 it's pretty tough to see a clear difference in thickness...

15. ormy4

ormy4 Regular Member

Cant wait to hear results Mark and oh and by the way 1 down in your crossword puzzle the answer is trail. :D

16. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Took the AP62 for a spin last night... wow. NS9900, 24/26.

Power - 10/10. Even with my elbow held together with bandages I was smacking shuttles everywhere. When testing I always pay particular attention to high backhands in the deep corner, and these were flying MILES with the slightest input. It plays almost the same as Zy62 in this respect, but is noticeably easier to bend. Sound has some nice bass notes for such a thin string.

Feel - 9/10. Exactly what I look for in a string: a nice, thuddy stab of feel - I got plenty of smash blocks in to gauge this.

Control - 9/10. Really surprised how well it did given the lack of roughness (c.f. BG80). I did a pretty long knock-up between games and threw a lot of sliced drives in, and they went laser-straight. Also tried a decent amount of net-spinner returns off a forehand server and had a 75% success rate. The big surprise was serves, though: I went through a patch about four games in where I was serving like Lars Paaske, with the shuttle just barely clearing the tape at least eight times in a row.

If this lasts me four weeks' worth of sessions and keeps its tension I will consider it a total success.

Btw @ormy4 - 1 DOWN wasn't "TRAIL":D

Equestrian clause (5)

17. ralph_lee

ralph_lee Regular Member

Wah, I'm getting my tantrum 200 tonight.
    Can't wait to string your recommendation.

18. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

It IS 0.62!

Just tested the AP62 with the vernier, and on the slack it is, indeed, 0.62 mm:eek:. For the record, Zymax 62, Zymax 67 and SOTX 1040Ti are also correctly specified.

19. musicographer

musicographer New Member

Musician & Photographer
    What about AP85Ti? I tried it and pretty satisfied.
    AP90 is on the way to Thailand next lot, I'd love to try it.

20. xiAoqIan

xiAoqIan Regular Member

Auditor

I hv tested this AP62..this is really a fantastic string and I would say the repulsion power, feels and control is really really good..U guys can try this string..some more is cheaper than BG66..

B4 that, I hv also tried LiNing other string..below is the comments which I dont really recommend for it..
    AP101N/AP90/AP85Ti - These 3 strings quite similar..Just a normal string and nothing special but the price is sky high..not worth it to pay for it and better stick to BG66.
    AP80 - So easy to burst and totally cant last..heard that LiNing had stop this string and re-called all the strings back..
    AP70 - The feels is suck but the durability is very good..recomended for training and totally not for competition. Better stick to BG65.