Bought apacs lethal 60 and lethal light 1.10

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by loveleo, Nov 6, 2009.

1. loveleo

loveleo Regular Member

Bought Apacs lethal 60 and lethal light 1.10 from ebay raquet_sports. Overall experience was good. He was a little slow on replying emails some times. But he was pretty responsive.

The package was shipped out to me and delayed by US custom. Hopefully they will clear it soon.

Lethal 60 should be attacking and lethal light should be more of a defensive racket. I will update my feel of the rackets later. I just hope I could receive them ASAP. Cannot wait to get them and try them.

Also received an email from him that he is getting Apacs Z-slash.

2. loveleo

loveleo Regular Member

Was tricked by USPS. Called them last night and csr told me the rackets are at custom. But actually received the rackets this morning. I am glad I can try it out tomorrow.

The rackets looked pretty good. They all look like the pictures I found one ebay or apacs canada. They should be genuine apacs rackets. Lethal 60 did not have the recommended string tension range labeled on the rackets. The stringer in my town sometimes does not dare to string higher tension if not labeled, worrying that the racket may brake. I will have to persuade.

I had one fake yonex pro500Ti and one toalson racket.

Length: lethal 60> yonex 500Ti > lethal light > toalson
    Shaft stiffness (I was just trying to use the same force to bend the shaft): lethal 60, yonex, toalson were similar and stiffer than lethal light.

Will try them out tomorrow and see how I feel. Took off the original overgrip came with the lethal 60 and wrapped a new one. The handle diameter is thus smaller since the other rackets all had two grip layers. Less cushion provided on the grip but I feel like I can grasp it better.

3. thejym

thejym Regular Member

I'm glad you received your rackets sooner than you expected. I also ordered from Andrew but my rackets were delayed in US customs for nearly two weeks. When I called USPS, they told me it was in the pick-up facility and I could go pick it up. So I went there, then waited for their very slow service, then they told me they didn't have it, so then I had to call USPS back again only to find out that the first USPS csr was mistaken, etc etc... Basically a complete waste of at least 3 hours dealing with USPS. Andrew was very responsive during that period.

4. loveleo

loveleo Regular Member

to thejym, USPS seems does not have detailed tracking info for international incoming packages and they keep telling the wrong information.

The proace string comes with the rackets were really poor. The one on my lethal light broke within a couple games. The racket was really light and I can response faster with it in doubles game. The lethal 60 was definitely head heavy and was hard to master in doubles games. I did not have a chance to try it in a singles game. I will restring the rackets and give more review later to be fair.

5. Distanc3

Distanc3 Regular Member

stringer for community centers
    Yes the quality of rackets by racquet_sports are genuine, but the strings that comes with are debatable. Usually break over a course of a couple hours of play =(

6. adonis

adonis Regular Member

DC Badminton Panda Power Australian Distributor, S
    i'm glad that i asked for yonex strings with the rackets i ordered then :)

7. loveleo

loveleo Regular Member

Did you also buy from him? If there is no extra charge that sounds great. LEt us know how the string is when you receive the rackets.

8. adonis

adonis Regular Member

DC Badminton Panda Power Australian Distributor, S
    yup i did, got it today. there is an extra charge for strings, but its a minimal fee plus free labour is its cheaper than getting restrung it at your respective stringers anyway!

do you guys usually buy apacs rackets? for me this is a first and im not too sure what i should be expecting.

how do you guys find the built of the racket? how do you find the paint job?

cheers

9. loveleo

loveleo Regular Member

I have finally replaced the crappy proace strings and tested the rackets more.

lethal 60: yonex bg 85 23 lb
    lethal light 1.10: yonex ngb 95 25 lb

I primarily play doubles games and lethal light 1.10 suits perfectly for that. Smashing was pretty powerful. The best part is the 25 lb tension can help to deliver what I planned with the racket much better than 23 lb tension. When my foot work was not there, 23 lb may give me more allowance on the racket angle and strength. But overall I liked 25 lb tension better. The racket was very easy to defense, much easier than the lethal 60. I tried to use lethal 60 to play doubles and it was a little painful to defense it with. The racket is head heavy and long, slower to swing.

smash: 8/10
    control: 9.5/10
    defense: 9.5/10
    net spinning shot: 10/10

Lethal 60 was fine on singles game. It gives very powerful smash and I feel like I could generate even more power with it. But I had a little trouble doing overhead clear with it. I guess it will take me quite a while to adapt to the head heaviness.

smash: 9/10 (I need to improve)
    defense: 7/10
    control: 8/10

Overall I was satisfied with everything.

10. sxg2009

sxg2009 Regular Member

Did any of you pay US custom charges?

11. sxg2009

sxg2009 Regular Member

What is the difference between L60 abd L70?

12. crazy sky

crazy sky Regular Member

Freelance
    Different colour between Lethal 60 and 70. Material used in both rackets are the same but target in different market.

13. ameant

ameant Regular Member

it
    i still want/waiting Lethal70 arrive at malaysia :D even i know that L70 not for msia market.

14. milford30

milford30 Regular Member

lethal 70's suppose 2 have a changed t-joint or something

15. crazy sky

crazy sky Regular Member

Freelance
    Lethal 70 is using hollow shaft and new T-Joint which is the same in Lethal 60.

'The double shaft design of the old Lethal 50 has been replaced with a new hollow shaft and T-joint to give the lowest torsion available in any badminton racket today, only 4 degrees in our tests as compared to 6+ for other rackets. This has given the racket ultimate strength, hence stringing tensions of 40Lbs plus!'
    http://www.apacs-sports.co.uk/catal...e-20-racket-thermo-for-2-or-more/prod_49.html

Lethal 60 has been introduced by APACS Sport (Malaysia) and it did mention Lethal 60 could hold up to 45lbs and new T-joint given lowest torsion which is 4 degrees compared to 6+ in other rackets. The news was in Chinese language while APACS introduce Lethal 60 into M'sia market.
    http://www.chinapress.com.my/content_new.asp?dt=2009-08-13&sec=sports&art=0813ss25.txt

16. milford30

milford30 Regular Member

apacs uk said... Hi MY

I hope I can answer your questions. There is plenty of speculation with regard to the Lethal 50/60/70 being the same racket for different regions. The 50 was replaced by the 60 which was placed originally for the asia market. The 70 was developed for the UK, North Amerca and singapore markets, the rackets are similar with very similar specs.

The main difference between the 60 qne 70 is the improved t-Joint and head stability. This is what makes the racket very stable in shots.

http://badminton-racket.blogspot.com/2009/11/apacs-lethal-70-review.html

17. crazy sky

crazy sky Regular Member

Freelance
    Colour of Lethal 50 and 70 is the same but Lethal 60's paint slightly different in the T-joint therefore 50 was replaced by 70 instead of 60. You can surf around and compare the paint job between these rackets.

Lethal 50 is not only sold in Asia but it is in global. You can see Lethal 50 also sold in UK.
    http://www.apacsuk.co.uk/

If you read the message from Apacs Sport M'sia (sorry, it is in chinese from the previous link), you will find out the new T-joint of 60 was minimize the torsion into 4 degrees. Maximum tension of both rackets would hold up more 40lbs but Lethal 50 only in 30lbs.

Not sure what exactly Apacs UK mention improved of T-Joint and Head stability between 60 and 70.

18. milford30

milford30 Regular Member

the question is the difference between 60 and 70, bringing 50 in doesn't prove anything...

secondly we're discussing whether there are differences in the 60 and 70 apart from the paint job... bring the paint job and which replaced the 50 has no bearing on the discussion

19. crazy sky

crazy sky Regular Member

Freelance
    Surfing around web on Lethal 60 or 70, you will find there has no difference between 60 & 70 in term of material used.

These rackets are targeted into different regions such as Asia countries like M'sia and Indonesia are getting Lethal 60 whereby UK, US/Canada and Singapore are getting Lethal 70.

Anywhere I am using Lethal 60 right now and it is the greatest racket I used till now. It is very easy to generate power for smash. In my own view, this is a racket you can play either single or double and more toward offensive player only.

Anyone pls kindly share the difference between 60 & 70 in case I missed. I believe you will happy to own either one of these rackets.

20. milford30

milford30 Regular Member

here... it's in the comments along with the apacs uk e-mail...