User Tag List

Page 50 of 196 FirstFirst ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 100 150 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Amelia, my proposal is for a casual court that anyone can play. Suitable for leisurely player that everyone can go in irregardless of level.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the case of the 3 remaining court that follow this system. Let's say court 3 is beginner, court 5 is intemeriwte and court 7 is advanced, then 3 will mix with 5 and 5 will mix more with 7.
    But 3 will not mix that much with 7 because of the gap in level.
    As for the casual court (court 9)
    It will be the rubber court that currently you and auntie Chooi is already playing.
    So we will still join in sometimes while waiting for our turn at the other courts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey guys,

Thanks for your comments. About the 4 courts, don't worry about it. We can always get it back the next time. There'll always be chances. Let's just stick to what is comfortable first, aight?

And I will try the new implemented concept on Thursday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Time: 8:30PM - 11:00PM
    Permanent: RM55 (5 weeks)
    Ad hoc: RM15

1. *otaktakcenter (capt)
    2. *Uncle Koh
    3. *Auntie Chooi
    4. *klcck
    5. *jeff yeo
    6. *Richard
    7. *Amelia
    8. *Joe Khoo
    9. *Nicholas Choong
    10.*Demonbuster
    11.*Anatolii
    12.*walter
    13.*daniel
    14.*Iqmal
    15.*Tham Wai Hoong
    16.*zane
    17. william
    18. Darren Chiang
    19. william(replica)
    20. mia
    21. jerry

Ok, I've thought hard about it and the only way to compromise both parties is this; We'll maintain the 4 courts but we set some rules.

Here's the new rules for now at least:
    1. Court 7 is pro regular members. (which means priority goes to regulars)
    2. Court 1,3 and 5 are for ad-hocs and regulars alike.
    3. Players please practice fairness to allow others to play as well. After all, it's a social affair so let's be nice.
    4. If there's a certain person you'd like to play with, go ahead and make arrangements for a good game. (Count me in as well ya? )

I hope I covered it all. I love this group very much so let's try to maintain and hopefully we'll be able to have a mini internal tournament in future. Losers pay for dinner!

Cheers!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. *otaktakcenter (capt)
    2. *Uncle Koh
    3. *Auntie Chooi
    4. *klcck
    5. *jeff yeo
    6. *Richard
    7. *Amelia
    8. *Joe Khoo
    9. *Nicholas Choong
    10.*Demonbuster
    11.*Anatolii
    12.*walter
    13.*daniel
    14.*Iqmal
    15.*Tham Wai Hoong
    16.*zane
    17. william
    18. Darren Chiang
    19. william(replica)
    20. mia
    21. jerry
    22. Bruno

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by jk1980 View Post
    In the case of the 3 remaining court that follow this system. Let's say court 3 is beginner, court 5 is intemeriwte and court 7 is advanced, then 3 will mix with 5 and 5 will mix more with 7.
    But 3 will not mix that much with 7 because of the gap in level.
    As for the casual court (court 9)
    It will be the rubber court that currently you and auntie Chooi is already playing.
    So we will still join in sometimes while waiting for our turn at the other courts.
    Joe,

Firstly, we would never say "do not allow others to play at the rubber court currently we played". You are always welcome to play if you wanna to...The point is, you are always think that me & auntie Chooi's level is far beyond you, you set yourself in a high level standard, this is not the right attitude as a good player..(if you wanna to improved to be so....)

Somehow, we always have the right to choose the "partner" that we like to play to....Seriously, I don't really enjoy the palyer who is always blaming his/her "partner" when they lost the game at the end of the day...Everyone has their "weakness", just don't keeping telling people how they should play or etc....Eventually, it will make your partner loose concentration in the entire game.(personal opinion)

Actually.we just wanna to enjoy the game in a "comfortable environment".....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

amelia,

I am not sure where you got the idea that i said 'do not allow others to play at the rubber court currently we played'.
    Please do not take this the wrong way. My suggestions are merely that....suggestions.

What i have suggested is to have a court for casual play while the other 3 courts will have some sort of governance system to ensure the playing level is more even. This casual play court will fit what you are saying where players are able to play with any other players that they like irregardless of level.

For the other 3 courts, it is just a system that some players will like because it allows them to actually have a gauge on where they are now. And slowly probably move up the ranks. It will be a more competitive system.

So we have 2 systems. One for pure casual play and for people to play with people they like. One that is more competitive.

I am not singling out you and auntie chooi. The reason I am quoting your name is simply because I think you mentioned to me yourself that you are looking for casual play and not really thinking to win all the time. It is just to have fun. Right? So that's what the casual court would be for. And you also mentioned you don't like going to the other courts, so by having this casual court, I don't think there are any differences from your perspective.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

amelia,

I am not sure where you got the idea that i said 'do not allow others to play at the rubber court currently we played'.
    Please do not take this the wrong way. My suggestions are merely that....suggestions.

What i have suggested is to have a court for casual play while the other 3 courts will have some sort of governance system to ensure the playing level is more even. This casual play court will fit what you are saying where players are able to play with any other players that they like irregardless of level.

For the other 3 courts, it is just a system that some players will like because it allows them to actually have a gauge on where they are now. And slowly probably move up the ranks. It will be a more competitive system.

So we have 2 systems. One for pure casual play and for people to play with people they like. One that is more competitive.

I am not singling out you and auntie chooi. The reason I am quoting your name is simply because I think you mentioned to me yourself that you are looking for casual play and not really thinking to win all the time. It is just to have fun. Right? So that's what the casual court would be for. And you also mentioned you don't like going to the other courts, so by having this casual court, I don't think there are any differences from your perspective.
    Joe,

Overall, just make yourself comfortably to any courts you like to play,k? I just treating this game merely for exercises purposes, but sometime I do enjoy the "victory", it just that I don't treat failure so seriously...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

amelia, i understand from your perspective, which is why i suggested the 2 different systems.

One for casual play, one for competitive play. It's two different mindsets.

Some guys like me are playing very often for the objective of improving our games.
    Yes we may be taking it a bit serious, but if we are serious about improving, then we need serious play.
    For us, the objective is not met when the gap between the players become too lopsided. Nobody really learns anything in that case.
    The better players become lazy, the beginner players don't really learn if the gap is too far. So no point.

On the other end of the spectrum, you have guys that just want sweat and fun. It is very understandable.
    It's not that you guys don't want to win, but winning and losing is secondary.
    Right?

What i have suggested is just to accommodate these two types of play. One casual, one competitive.

For the competitive one, the governance system is just to help provide a guideline so that players will be playing against players slightly above or below them. This is to bridge the gap. Also, it will make sure that these players have some target to achieve. Some objective.

I think it will be fun for some beginners to come in. Maybe start at beginner court. But after a few months or weeks, then they will start to move up the ranks to more intermediate levels. They will see their progress.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

amelia, i understand from your perspective, which is why i suggested the 2 different systems.

One for casual play, one for competitive play. It's two different mindsets.

Some guys like me are playing very often for the objective of improving our games.
    Yes we may be taking it a bit serious, but if we are serious about improving, then we need serious play.
    For us, the objective is not met when the gap between the players become too lopsided. Nobody really learns anything in that case.
    The better players become lazy, the beginner players don't really learn if the gap is too far. So no point.

On the other end of the spectrum, you have guys that just want sweat and fun. It is very understandable.
    It's not that you guys don't want to win, but winning and losing is secondary.
    Right?

What i have suggested is just to accommodate these two types of play. One casual, one competitive.

For the competitive one, the governance system is just to help provide a guideline so that players will be playing against players slightly above or below them. This is to bridge the gap. Also, it will make sure that these players have some target to achieve. Some objective.

I think it will be fun for some beginners to come in. Maybe start at beginner court. But after a few months or weeks, then they will start to move up the ranks to more intermediate levels. They will see their progress.
    Actually we've been trying 4 courts last week, what happen those "beginner" awlays occupied the courts which the intermediate / advance players supposed to play at....Therefore, our "regular member" not really enjoy the entire game as they unable to partner the player they wanted to...unless, you guys have to mentioned to those beginner which court they supposed to play at? As such, do you think we will offend their feeling?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ameliachen View Post
    Actually we've been trying 4 courts last week, what happen those "beginner" awlays occupied the courts which the intermediate / advance players supposed to play at....Therefore, our "regular member" not really enjoy the entire game as they unable to partner the player they wanted to...unless, you guys have to mentioned to those beginner which court they supposed to play at? As such, do you think we will offend their feeling?
    Which is why I am suggestion to adopt this system for the 3 other courts.
    With this system, everyone also have to play one game and then wait. Before they move up one court or move down one court.
    Therefore, no matter is beginner or intermediate, all players will need to wait. if they really cannot wait, then meanwhile, they can see if the casual court is open and they can join in.

And about telling players where they are suppose to play, with this system, they will naturally 'move' to the court that is more appropriate for them. They will see for themselves where they are....then they will have to strive harder to work up the ranks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. *otaktakcenter (capt)
    2. *Uncle Koh
    3. *Auntie Chooi
    4. *klcck
    5. *jeff yeo
    6. *Richard
    7. *Amelia
    8. *zane
    9. *Nicholas Choong
    10.*Demonbuster
    11.*Anatolii
    12.*walter
    13.*daniel
    14.*Iqmal
    15.*Tham Wai Hoong
    16. bruno
    17. william
    18. Darren Chiang
    19. william(replica)
    20. mia
    21. jerry

Ok, I've thought hard about it and the only way to compromise both parties is this; We'll maintain the 4 courts but we set some rules.

Here's the new rules for now at least:
    1. Court 7 is pro regular members. (which means priority goes to regulars)
    2. Court 1,3 and 5 are for ad-hocs and regulars alike.
    3. Players please practice fairness to allow others to play as well. After all, it's a social affair so let's be nice.
    4. If there's a certain person you'd like to play with, go ahead and make arrangements for a good game. (Count me in as well ya? )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

btw, to avoid unnecessary speculation, I am going to singapore tomorrow morning, so may or may not be joining tonight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi everyone,

It's getting a bit complicated......just bring your racquets and enjoy the game. Less talk, less complication.

Our aim is to play the game we love and enjoy the matches in the process.

We see how it goes, and let the Thursday group try out the system first........if successful, can consider.

We are all adults here and will face new situation(s) with an open mind.

Happy Badminton-ing!!!!!!

Cheers all,
    Richard Yong
    *42-year-old social player.
    *backhand can reach the baseline (sometimes).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. *otaktakcenter (capt)
    2. *Uncle Koh
    3. *Auntie Chooi
    4. *klcck
    5. *jeff yeo