User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: ES5Pro sale

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

silentheart,

1. i failed to be direct, kiloo did that, but i'll take it anyways.
    2. it only means you have thought about it long and hard and isn't rushing to beat the odds.
    3. just like kiloo said, go for bling-bling new, since you said you are fine with portable either way. and you can charge your mates the same. you understand once the warranty is over, yonex charges like a high price h*****, and they have such good service, they'll physically take your kit away for repairs (prolly to jp and back in some cases; which is not unheard of). so what will you use for the time being, say if you've already sold your backup portable?
    4. let's just say lexus ls 460 w 5k on the odo w/ all the warranty...i still won't--honest (bearing in mind that some guys races their bling-new bimmers to the ground and the odo reads 3k in less than a month; the same applies w/ their ls gs series--one can be sure not to equate odo readings w/ engine use/abuse). i am not loaded but i like firsthand for luxury items and the yonex machine is a luxury item per se.

i sure think the evil empire naturally will come up w something better just like lexus did w it's flasgship ls 400 to 430 to 460 etcetera.

jiminy cricket and pete the magnificent...aw, they'll understand that you're the man making the big decisions!

got an idea, start charging 2 bucks more already for that upcoming-yonex-machine FUND and let em know! sounds like pork barrel huh? ha ha ha.

Kind regards,
    MetalOrange

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dear Master Cooler,
    Next year, the price is going up (whisper from you know who) for ES5ProTech because the USD drop about 8% since beginning of this year. (Thanks to Little Timmy) Man, the price for gold looks good when it was $1,000 a month ago. So I might just dump everything in gold. That gives the bling MetalOrange love so much.

For MetalOrange and Kiloo,
    1) Thank you both for advice.
    2) Yes, my body part did.
    3) I know where the machine been. (I opened the box when it shipped to pro-shop and I assembled it too.) Trust me, with avg 5 racquet per week and 6 month so far, it is about 120 racquets it drove.
    4) I would say car example is wrong for both of us. Sorry.

I have to keep my portable one because I do take it on the road sometime. About the $2 extra. Tried it, no comment.

I think I got a good balance of suggestions now. I wish Mr. Twobeer can give me his view too. Let me sleep over the weekend and I will post my final answer.

Thanks

SH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

darn, the evil empire is not dumb. I thot they would sell it at the same price next year.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Just throwing in my 1.75 cents..

Quote Originally Posted by silentheart View Post
    2) I do not have too much money to spend. That is why I am debating for the Es5Protech (yes it has bee verified that it is Protech)
    My struggle has been, do I really need it? I am fine at home with a portable. If I need to use the big boy, I need to drive 40 min to pro-shop to use it.
    The last struggle is I know Evil Empire will have another one like this for sale about the same price next year. Should I wait? Jiminy Cricket keep telling me to wait. Little Pete on the left side keep yelling get it because it just feel so good...
    ..i'm not a stringer but i'd like to chime in with these additional questions:
    - How crucial is it to own this machine **right now**?
    - How often do you need to drive 40 min. to pro-shop to use it?
    - If knowing the EP will have another one like this for sale abt the same price next yr, are you willing to wait & be super patient, while you save up some $$$ to cover the cost?
    - What is the chance the same machine will still be available and will still go through the same amt of stringing job til next yr?
    Let me sleep over the weekend and I will post my final answer.
    ..i commend that approach. no rush.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All this is so . I rem when I was fishing out to buy mine. And from here everything has to be imported and from FAR.

SilentHeart, all the best in any decision u make.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To the Stringer members (except Peter the greatest because I already know your answer),

My friend is selling his ES5Pro (from his tennis country club) for $5,000. The regular price for a new one is $6,500. What do you think? Should I buy it? It is almost new.

For those who just want to push over the edge, I still have to get my sec of treasury to approve.

Thanks

SH
    I might be able to get you brand new ES5 Pro for that price.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dear Mr Orange (AKA NS9900 and soon to be ARC-Z),

Manyof us consider ES5Pro as holy grill of the badminton machine. Not just because it is made by YY. I tried Babolat Start5 and gave it up because of the side support. I have not tried kimony yet so I can not tell. I even had chance to play with Wilson Baiardo, the probelm with most of the machine for machin to string both badminton and tennis, the side supports need to be swap out, it is a pain in the butt to line them up correctly.Only Es5Pro can do both without swaping out support. Also Es5Pro come with both tennis and badminton clamp. Everything else you need to buy a new set of fix clamp. That cost a bundle too.

How about 5K for a new one? Will that change your mind?

Thanks for your suggestion.

SH
    Should try ES5 ProTech!! Now that is the BOMB!!! 45degree manual tilt, better on the stringer's back. Nice looking at 2009 US Open and 2009 Pan American Championships. OCBC just got one and there is 1 in Nor Cal AK Badminton in Newark.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MetalOrange View Post
    silenheart,

with all due respect, first of all, i am not a stringer and have not string one in my life. and i hv already officially made arc zs as my numero uno and ns9900 as my numero uno punto uno. the rest, from my mizuno, rsl, gosen, etc. are numero dos, tres, cuatro, cinco, et al.

my personal stringer who is quite competent (strings for pros in tennis as well as in pro badminton) used to own the yonex machine but traded down to kimony (a bonafide japanese make) eventually after he was loaned a babolat and a pacific.

6.5k for brand new sounds alright when it was first launched (i was tempted to try my hands on it but i know i'm no good at it). 5k should be the right price for now (brand new...my apologies if i am killing off your dear friend's machine value but have to calculate for depreciation...).

MetalOrange

p.s. i would infer you are loaded anyways but just being prudent. no pun intended.
    Out of curiosity, who strings your rackets? Thanks!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there are videos showing that Yonex ES5Pro has the side-support add-on special for badminton .....
    is it possible to know whether it can be sold separately ? where and how much ?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maa2003 View Post
    there are videos showing that Yonex ES5Pro has the side-support add-on special for badminton .....
    is it possible to know whether it can be sold separately ? where and how much ?
    Sorry, they are not sold separately.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

kakinami,

since you said you can get a new one for around 5k, the sensible thing for silentheart is to offer you 4.5k, if he knows you personally you might be able to tweak his ears. but he already said it's from a dear friend he knows so obviously he trusts his personal friend.

45 degrees tilt? phiten necklace will do the trick for the stringers neck! placebo effect or otherwise.

didn't someone said: curiosity killed the cat? obviously it's not you! you must be one heck of a stringer for the pros!

have a great weekend.

cheers,
    MetalOrange
    Last edited by MetalOrange; 11-14-2009 at 02:00 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, the answer everyone is waiting for. No, I am not getting it. Why? my wife call it a "toy" which is true. Also, the time saving is about 5~10 min per racquet and this is just a side job. The last thing is it will take about 3 years to recoup the cost with $3 increase per string job. Sorry for Peter The Greatest and No Good Panda would not get to use one...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

silentheart,

uh-hmmm. see you are prudent. btw, i've moved my gold and platinum in june (too soon? i can't tell. who knows what's in it for 2k10? Barry O might know but i'm sure he's not telling...Bernanke, i hear nothing audible.). so no bling-bling. just brand new nothing or to be exact, 3 ArcZS (as i've hold out on the Arc 10) and 1 Cab 35 (...balance). that's it.

cheers,
    MetalOrange
    Last edited by MetalOrange; 11-17-2009 at 01:18 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MetalOrange View Post
    kakinami,

since you said you can get a new one for around 5k, the sensible thing for silentheart is to offer you 4.5k, if he knows you personally you might be able to tweak his ears. but he already said it's from a dear friend he knows so obviously he trusts his personal friend.

45 degrees tilt? phiten necklace will do the trick for the stringers neck! placebo effect or otherwise.

didn't someone said: curiosity killed the cat? obviously it's not you! you must be one heck of a stringer for the pros!

have a great weekend.

cheers,
    MetalOrange
    Thanks!! Yo that tilt does help, keeps my back straighter when doing crosses. You feel it when you do 20 rackets a day for 5 days straight.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, the answer everyone is waiting for. No, I am not getting it. Why? my wife call it a "toy" which is true. Also, the time saving is about 5~10 min per racquet and this is just a side job. The last thing is it will take about 3 years to recoup the cost with $3 increase per string job. Sorry for Peter The Greatest and No Good Panda would not get to use one...
    Peter and Panda can come by my shop and play with ES5 ProTech, I dont mind.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I have a very strong feeling..

..the last reason basically trumps the other 2 reasons...Now, if only master Pete would donate that $5000, i'm sure the "toy" will already be parked in the garage...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It will be a pleasure to see you weave those cross strings like there were no friction at all. The last time I watched you string was at the 1st GGBC Open.

Quote Originally Posted by kakinami View Post
    Peter and Panda can come by my shop and play with ES5 ProTech, I dont mind.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast