Results 35 to 51 of 75
Thread: ES5Pro sale
11-12-2009, 03:45 PM #35
1. i failed to be direct, kiloo did that, but i'll take it anyways.
2. it only means you have thought about it long and hard and isn't rushing to beat the odds.
3. just like kiloo said, go for bling-bling new, since you said you are fine with portable either way. and you can charge your mates the same. you understand once the warranty is over, yonex charges like a high price h*****, and they have such good service, they'll physically take your kit away for repairs (prolly to jp and back in some cases; which is not unheard of). so what will you use for the time being, say if you've already sold your backup portable?
4. let's just say lexus ls 460 w 5k on the odo w/ all the warranty...i still won't--honest (bearing in mind that some guys races their bling-new bimmers to the ground and the odo reads 3k in less than a month; the same applies w/ their ls gs series--one can be sure not to equate odo readings w/ engine use/abuse). i am not loaded but i like firsthand for luxury items and the yonex machine is a luxury item per se.
i sure think the evil empire naturally will come up w something better just like lexus did w it's flasgship ls 400 to 430 to 460 etcetera.
jiminy cricket and pete the magnificent...aw, they'll understand that you're the man making the big decisions!
got an idea, start charging 2 bucks more already for that upcoming-yonex-machine FUND and let em know! sounds like pork barrel huh? ha ha ha.
11-12-2009, 04:15 PM #36
Dear Master Cooler,
Next year, the price is going up (whisper from you know who) for ES5ProTech because the USD drop about 8% since beginning of this year. (Thanks to Little Timmy) Man, the price for gold looks good when it was $1,000 a month ago. So I might just dump everything in gold. That gives the bling MetalOrange love so much.
For MetalOrange and Kiloo,
1) Thank you both for advice.
2) Yes, my body part did.
3) I know where the machine been. (I opened the box when it shipped to pro-shop and I assembled it too.) Trust me, with avg 5 racquet per week and 6 month so far, it is about 120 racquets it drove.
4) I would say car example is wrong for both of us. Sorry.
I have to keep my portable one because I do take it on the road sometime. About the $2 extra. Tried it, no comment.
I think I got a good balance of suggestions now. I wish Mr. Twobeer can give me his view too. Let me sleep over the weekend and I will post my final answer.
11-12-2009, 04:23 PM #37
darn, the evil empire is not dumb. I thot they would sell it at the same price next year.
11-12-2009, 07:59 PM #38
Just throwing in my 1.75 cents..
- How crucial is it to own this machine **right now**?
- How often do you need to drive 40 min. to pro-shop to use it?
- If knowing the EP will have another one like this for sale abt the same price next yr, are you willing to wait & be super patient, while you save up some $$$ to cover the cost?
- What is the chance the same machine will still be available and will still go through the same amt of stringing job til next yr?
11-12-2009, 09:58 PM #39
All this is so . I rem when I was fishing out to buy mine. And from here everything has to be imported and from FAR.
SilentHeart, all the best in any decision u make.
11-14-2009, 03:18 AM #40
11-14-2009, 03:23 AM #41
11-14-2009, 03:26 AM #42
11-14-2009, 07:57 AM #43
there are videos showing that Yonex ES5Pro has the side-support add-on special for badminton .....
is it possible to know whether it can be sold separately ? where and how much ?
11-14-2009, 08:33 AM #44
11-14-2009, 01:46 PM #45
since you said you can get a new one for around 5k, the sensible thing for silentheart is to offer you 4.5k, if he knows you personally you might be able to tweak his ears. but he already said it's from a dear friend he knows so obviously he trusts his personal friend.
45 degrees tilt? phiten necklace will do the trick for the stringers neck! placebo effect or otherwise.
didn't someone said: curiosity killed the cat? obviously it's not you! you must be one heck of a stringer for the pros!
have a great weekend.
Last edited by MetalOrange; 11-14-2009 at 02:00 PM.
11-17-2009, 01:03 PM #46
OK, the answer everyone is waiting for. No, I am not getting it. Why? my wife call it a "toy" which is true. Also, the time saving is about 5~10 min per racquet and this is just a side job. The last thing is it will take about 3 years to recoup the cost with $3 increase per string job. Sorry for Peter The Greatest and No Good Panda would not get to use one...
11-17-2009, 01:15 PM #47
uh-hmmm. see you are prudent. btw, i've moved my gold and platinum in june (too soon? i can't tell. who knows what's in it for 2k10? Barry O might know but i'm sure he's not telling...Bernanke, i hear nothing audible.). so no bling-bling. just brand new nothing or to be exact, 3 ArcZS (as i've hold out on the Arc 10) and 1 Cab 35 (...balance). that's it.
Last edited by MetalOrange; 11-17-2009 at 01:18 PM.
11-17-2009, 02:14 PM #48
11-17-2009, 02:15 PM #49
11-17-2009, 02:31 PM #50
11-18-2009, 12:42 AM #51
By isben in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you postReplies: 1: 12-25-2012, 10:01 PM
By kwun in forum Badminton Stringing Techniques & ToolsReplies: 6: 04-10-2012, 06:29 PM
By skychen in forum Market PlaceReplies: 4: 04-24-2010, 07:10 AM
By carbonex21 in forum Badminton Stringing Techniques & ToolsReplies: 8: 07-21-2009, 06:44 PM
By Sgbad in forum Market PlaceReplies: 7: 06-19-2008, 10:10 AM