User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default World Police & Fire Games 2011 New York

In addition to some of my other responses in other threads, just wondering if there are any sworn peace officers that are out there who may be looking at participating in the World Police & Fire Games in badminton. In 2011 it will be in New York.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by markusn View Post
    In addition to some of my other responses in other threads, just wondering if there are any sworn peace officers that are out there who may be looking at participating in the World Police & Fire Games in badminton. In 2011 it will be in New York.
    I might..but it's a bit too early to commit!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Wpfg

Looking for a doubles partner for regular local play in the LMD or join their group. Or if anyone interested in prepping for the WPFG. However I might try my hand at singles even though I've never really played one on one. Can't commit either but thought it might be a good family vacation to New York while participating in the WPFG. Maybe too expensive to go. Should have participated here when it was in Vancouver.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We would like to have seen more Canadian participation in the 2009 games. As you know, the badminton portion was held at RichmondPro and as far as numbers go, the majority of players were from the Philippines, Hong Kong and Taiwan. Shame, considering Canada got the opportunity to host.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know a few of my colleagues played but they did indicate many of the asian countries had some very good players. I guess badminton might be one of their national sports or THE national sports for their country. I'd like to see more Canadians enter this sport and head to New York in 2011. Even so, our Canadian players will most likely be of Asian descent, like myself.
    Last edited by markusn; 11-11-2009 at 03:30 PM. Reason: Spelling error

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AS50 shuttles like before?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    AS50 shuttles like before?
    AS40. They seemed to be flying quicker than normal which implies a 78 speed (77 would have been better)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by madbad View Post
    AS40. They seemed to be flying quicker than normal which implies a 78 speed (77 would have been better)
    uh oh, more tipping of feathers, waste of nice birdies

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well for one thing it cost too much to fly from Toronto to Vancouver. I can fly to china for the same price

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well i just noticed this thread. In fact the asian countries didnt do that well in Vancouver. A Canadian won the mens open Singles, as well as the mens senior singles. An Irish team won womens doubles, and a a german won the mixed.
    The Canadian Teams did very very well at the games. and there was really only 1 or 2 players of asian descent.
    We are hoping to have the same effect and better at these Games in NewYork city. the games will be tougher with players coming from Malaysia, Chinese Taipei
    hongkong, denmark, Sweden. just to name a few. all of those have a very distinguished badminton history. but hopfully the Canadians can come out on top yet again

Drew Huerter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fireguydrew View Post
    well i just noticed this thread. In fact the asian countries didnt do that well in Vancouver. A Canadian won the mens open Singles, as well as the mens senior singles. An Irish team won womens doubles, and a a german won the mixed.
    The Canadian Teams did very very well at the games. and there was really only 1 or 2 players of asian descent.
    We are hoping to have the same effect and better at these Games in NewYork city. the games will be tougher with players coming from Malaysia, Chinese Taipei
    hongkong, denmark, Sweden. just to name a few. all of those have a very distinguished badminton history. but hopfully the Canadians can come out on top yet again

Drew Huerter
    I was a volunteer at the Games and the Canadian Guy who won the Men Open Singles is no other than Drew Huerter - a former Junior National (too modest) ** Applause **.

The Irish sisters team won the Women Open Doubles (and they are good and pretty )

Good luck in New York.