Stringing a Yonex Swing Power 900 sr

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by imelted, Nov 10, 2002.

1. imelted

imelted Regular Member

As I´m going to get my raquet (stated in header AND just to make sure that everyone knows: this is made of carbon...this isn´t one of the new TI-mesh raquets) stringed I´d like to state U guys a couple of Q´s. Since it seems that you know your stuff here it goes:

1. Why is it stated on the Yonex´s homepage that this raquet ought to be stringed
    SR Main: 14-16 lbs. (6-7 kg) Cross: 16-18 lbs. (7-8 kg)?!? From what I have read I have understood that most of you have this raquet stringed/tensioned to 20-23 pounds and my raquet was tensioned to a mere 19 pounds (which is more than Yonex recommends) this really makes no sense to me. Since I´m new to this side of the business all I´d like to know is: why Yonex says that this raquet ought to be tensed to only 16-18 pounds?

2. How high can this raquet be tensioned? How many lbs/kg is the maximum, so that one doesn´t need to fear that the raquet will snap a part.

3. What are you thought of Ashaways Micro Power, would it be a sensible choise for this raquet. I´ve been thinking that I´d get my raqued stringed with that and to ´bout 22 pounds. How does that sound?

LOL. I know I must been sounding awfully stupid, but I hope that some of you find the time (and heart) to answer to me. And to those of you who will answer: All the insight/info is really welcome, even the possible critique!

Your´s
    Marko Sulin
    FINLAND

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Hi,

as long as you feel ok with it, the recommended tension on Yonex rackets can be ignored. generally, most people think that the recommended tension is too low to be "playable".

we believe that Yonex is extra conservative on the recommended tension due to warranty issues.

i have owned a couple of Iso900SR. it is a great racket. it is however, not the most durable racket in the world. i would not string higher than 25lbs on it. i would recommended around 23-24lbs, depending on your skill and strength and style. :)

3. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    it depends a lot on stringer skills too.