towel grip reduces power?????

Discussion in 'Grip' started by jockey, Nov 11, 2009.

1. jockey

jockey Regular Member

UCT student
    hi guys,
    i just read from a really old thread (2005)that towel grips reduce power but increases control. is it true??:confused::confused:
    another thread stated that the cushioning effect of a grip increases power (more cushioning=more power), i'm a bit confused, could you plz clarify the situation.

i like using a grip that is 4.125 inches around (my perfect fit) but i laways buy g4 rackets or similar if non yy. then i apply a homemadetowel grip and over it a thin and tacky grip. if i buy g3 and only apply thin grip, the edges of the wooden handle bothers me.:mad:
    does this cause me to lose power??? will be buying tantrum 200 and would like to know if using towel grip on it will decrease my power but increase my control???:confused:

thanks in advance :p

#1 jockey, Nov 11, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2009
  2. druss

druss Regular Member

It's interesting how many pros use towel grips but I personally can't stand them. They become to slippery for me but I've never tried using that grip powder either.

I think too much cushion would have less control as you'd lose some touch/feeling.

3. lukasek97

lukasek97 Regular Member

I HAVE got a towel grip and nothing changed it stayed the same (power,control) but you would might have to try it out somewhere if you like it