Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

can google. i'm sure you can find something on him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jug8man View Post
    oops. i misunderstood your post it seems.
    naah, it was my bad, (after re-read my earlier post )

Btw, it's always interesting to do a follow up, of the journey of one independent player.

So, keep them coming.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

there is many case like this
    but how many did badminton fans remember?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    Beryno must start winning international competitions like Vietnam's NTM to get noticed.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

but if its like Tan chun seang kind of case, people will remember

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    but if its like Tan chun seang kind of case, people will remember
    i mean
    they quit without any news report

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i mean
    they quit without any news report
    Of course la. No news report of course the people won't know la.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    Of course la. No news report of course the people won't know la.
    hmm
    there is more than 10 players had quit
    both bjss and bam
    but no one know

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm
    there is more than 10 players had quit
    both bjss and bam
    but no one know
    No school today?..what are you doing at 4 am in the morning?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    No school today?..what are you doing at 4 am in the morning?
    last paper of semester 2 later 9am
    dont off topic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://shimworld.wordpress.com/2010/...-ike-shio-cup/ Nice pic and blogreport on Beryno here.

http://redsports.sg/2010/06/16/singa...en-2010-day-1/
    [In the men’s singles, Singaporeans Robin Gonansa and Ashton Chen did the host nation proud when they won their qualification matches to reach the main draw for the first time in their young careers.

Robin Gonansa had a walkover in his opening match, with Kevin Cordon pulling out of the tournament. He then survived a comeback from Malaysian Beryno Wong in his second qualification match to win in three sets, 21-11, 15-21, 21-19.

“I think in the first set, he wasn’t really ready and it might have also been his strategy to choose to play with the draft,” said Robin Gonansa of his Malaysian opponent. “He might have wanted to take it easy in the first set then try to take the second. In the second, when I was leading 14-10, I tried to follow his pace but it was too fast and I couldn’t keep up. I was a bit nervous in the third when leading 17-12 and I made too many mistakes and let him catch up, but I managed to seal the match.”

“Overall I am very happy to have made it to the main draw – this is my first time! My next match is against Hu Yun of Hong Kong and I’ll just take it one match at a time,” added Robin.]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Nice article on Beryno at Badzine about Sasaki win

http://www.badzine.info/index.php/ne...e-way-out.html

[LI NING SINGAPORE OPEN Qualif. - Sasaki SHOwn the way out

Japanese player Sho Sasaki failed to advance to the main round of Li Ning Singapore Open 2010 as his path was stopped by Malaysian youngster Berynno Wong Jiann Tze in a close battle of 10-21, 21-17, 21-18.

By Serla Rusli, Badzine Correspondent, live from Singapore Indoor Stadium. Photos: Badmintonphoto (live)
    “I still can’t believe I beat him since he is a world-class player. I’m just feeling really happy right now,” said the flustered Berynno (photo).

Sasaki – who showed top-notch performance during Thomas Cup 2010 by upsetting Indonesia’s Simon Santoso and Malaysian veteran Wong Choong Hann – seemed to have it easy in the first game and beat Berynno in a quick 21-10 finish. However, the second game was a different story altogether as the Malaysian confidently attacked Sasaki and eventually snatched a game from the Japanese in a tight 21-17 game.

Sasaki (photo) seemed to have picked up his rhythm again during the tiebreaker game and was leading dangerously at 18-15. That was when the Malaysian boy did wonders and pocketed the points from then on. Berynno finally overtook Sasaki and clinched the match at 21-18.

“I didn’t think of the score at all during the game. I just tried to win more points every time and in the end I won,” said Berynno, who is set to play against home ground player Robin Gonansa in the next round. “I really hope that I can win my next match and get into the main round.”]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default hello jug8man

Good article and news on BERYNO .
    Quote Originally Posted by jug8man View Post
    http://www.badzine.info/index.php/ne...e-way-out.html

[LI NING SINGAPORE OPEN Qualif. - Sasaki SHOwn the way out

Japanese player Sho Sasaki failed to advance to the main round of Li Ning Singapore Open 2010 as his path was stopped by Malaysian youngster Berynno Wong Jiann Tze in a close battle of 10-21, 21-17, 21-18.

By Serla Rusli, Badzine Correspondent, live from Singapore Indoor Stadium. Photos: Badmintonphoto (live)
    “I still can’t believe I beat him since he is a world-class player. I’m just feeling really happy right now,” said the flustered Berynno (photo).

Sasaki – who showed top-notch performance during Thomas Cup 2010 by upsetting Indonesia’s Simon Santoso and Malaysian veteran Wong Choong Hann – seemed to have it easy in the first game and beat Berynno in a quick 21-10 finish. However, the second game was a different story altogether as the Malaysian confidently attacked Sasaki and eventually snatched a game from the Japanese in a tight 21-17 game.

Sasaki (photo) seemed to have picked up his rhythm again during the tiebreaker game and was leading dangerously at 18-15. That was when the Malaysian boy did wonders and pocketed the points from then on. Berynno finally overtook Sasaki and clinched the match at 21-18.

“I didn’t think of the score at all during the game. I just tried to win more points every time and in the end I won,” said Berynno, who is set to play against home ground player Robin Gonansa in the next round. “I really hope that I can win my next match and get into the main round.”]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jug8man, this is the news I found in the Daily Express on Saturday 12th June...

http://www.dailyexpress.com.my/news.cfm?NewsID=72999

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Soong gears up for Vietnam Open
    http://www.dailyexpress.com.my/news.cfm?NewsID=74777
    Published on: Friday, September 24, 2010

Kota Kinabalu: State Shuttler Soong Fei Cho is gearing it up for her first appearance in the forthcoming Yonex-Sunrise Vietnam Open to be held in Ho Chi Minh city from Oct 5-10.

The state champion who is making her first trip to play in an international GP series overseas will only be participating in the doubles and the mixed doubles event. Partnering her in the doubles will be former national shuttler Amelia Anscelly while ex-Sukma player Mohd Sharizam Jambing will partner her in the mixed doubles category.

According to her, the Vietnam trip is her first competition outside the country since the Brunei Open which was held late last year.

She also said the decision to skip the singles event is because she reckoned that with her current form she is unable to give her best due to lack of training.

In an effort to overcome her predicament,the Lahad Datu lass and Sharizam had made an arrangement with AST badminton club in order to train with them in Luyang.

Since their arrival last week, the duo have been given two training sessions daily under the care of coach Nurdini M. Said.

Their training session involves sparring with current top junior players in the state such as Winson Neo and Chong Kein Hiung.

According to club chief coach Alan Tan, the training progamme for the two players is drawn specifically to raise their fitness level as both are not really fit. He also said extra effort has also been put in to polish up their strokes and he hopes that they will benefit from their short stint here.

Apart from the day sessions with the AST club, Soong also gets to train with Amelia at another venue at night to improve their partnership for the doubles.

Meanwhile, State number one shuttler, Beryno Wong who is also competing in the Vietnam Open had already flew to the country early this month in preparation for the competition and is currently training with Vietnamese national players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmmm News in Germany... Beryno going to play with a new German Club in the league at Germany starting October. Found it on google news

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hope he has better luck like "monkey".

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast