Victor wave32 or Yonex Arc-7 or Head power helix 8000

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by cayzi, Nov 12, 2009.

1. cayzi

cayzi Regular Member

Hi!

Which racket would be less stiff and for a single player game.

I'm using Forza ti-24 (current model ti-240) and it is to stiff for me - I can not produce power with this racket.

Regards

2. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Ti-24 or 240? If you think the 24 is very stiff you should look at even more flexible ones than what you're looking at. Like the NS7000 you mentioned later or the 6000 even. Arc7 might still be in it but it has been a very long time since I've touched one.
    I haven't tried the 240 and am also wondering if the specs have changed to extra stiff. The 24 is not extra stiff ...

Code:
    TITANIUM 24 N-Forze

Kick Shaft

Weight 	85/89g
    Flexibility    Stiff
    Length 	674mm
    Balance      290mm

Shaft 	U-HM Nano Graphite w/full Ti. mesh
    Frame 	U-HM Nano Graphite w/4 point Titanium
                    N-Body
                    Super Power
                    Full CF

Power   *****
    Control  ******
    Player 	Offensive/allround
    Probably want to start your own topic ;)

Edit: which you just have [​IMG]

3. cayzi

cayzi Regular Member

What about ARC Yonex series like model arc 7, 10 or slash?

4. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Probably 7 or Z-Slash although I wouldn't spend so much money on an Arc-Z. You might consider this one as well: Kason TSF200 http://www.kasonracquet.co.uk/prod/badminton/tsf_200.html

I wonder if the 8000 Helix is more flexible than the 8000 Metallix? Because of the added "Power Helix" but still both rated by Head as mid-flex. If so I guess it would come into consideration as well.

#4 demolidor, Nov 13, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2009
  5. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Hadn't tried either of the Kason TSF300's (A & D) but the TSF 300D is rated more flexible than the 200. The problem is where to get it nowadays ... Probably contact the seller above and in the thread below (same one) if he can still get one.

Probably roy_b can give you his opinion on the 300D although he made it pretty clear over here :D http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72631&highlight=kason

#5 demolidor, Nov 13, 2009
  6. roy b

roy b Regular Member

Aw, shucks demolidor. If you insist.

I've no experience of Forza raquets but from the spec given above, the TSF300D would probably be less stiff and have a lower bp (averaging 285-290), and therefore is more of a defensive raquet than your current Forza.

If that suits you, you can't buy better. If not, then don't despair as the TSF300A is exactly the same construction but a little stiffer and more head heavy - ideal for attacking minded players. I recommend these raquets very highly.

The TSF200 I can't really comment on much but I believe it is very stiff and may not be your 'cup of tea'.

The ebay seller mentioned is excellent and very reliable. But, one buyer contacted me for advice as he received a NG6 (Yonex equivalent G5) handle on his raquet when the advert on ebay states the handle size to be NG5 (Yonex equivalent G4). Just make sure you make it known to the seller exactly what size handle you require.

If you feel the Kasons are not for you, you should really have a look at the Victors (Super Inside Wave series, Bravesword series) which are easy to obtain here in the EU. They are also excellent raquets.

#6 roy b, Nov 13, 2009
  7. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Ah good roy_b is here ... According to Kason the 300A is slightly stiffer than the 200 (8,0-8,2 vs 8,0-8,5). To me the 200 is slightly more flexibel than the Ti-24 but if it's enough to make a difference for cayzi(?) ... Which led me to the 300D (8,7-8,9).

#7 demolidor, Nov 13, 2009
  8. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

After comparing a few more I have to admit the Ti-24 is in the quite stiff class (although there are still stiffer ones out there), just that it's so easy to use that is misleading ;). Too bad mine is broken now.

9. roy b

roy b Regular Member

Demolidor, in that case, I think the 300A won't be as stiff as the Forza BUT may be too stiff still for the original poster. The same for the 200.

I agree the 300D may be ideal. It's a great raquet, ideal for the more defensive player but can still produce powerful smashes, with ease, when needed. If this profile suits cayzi, I recommend the raquet to him.

10. hduong

hduong Regular Member

Although the Arc 7 is medium stiff, it does not have a lot of power. Great control and net shots.

11. Easy Tiger

Easy Tiger Regular Member

Bum
    What tension have you got the racket at

12. hduong

hduong Regular Member

I strung it at 24lbs then tried 22lbs with BG80. Same thing with regards to power. You can generate some power with the right timing and swing but doesn't come easy.

13. Easy Tiger

Easy Tiger Regular Member

Bum
    Okay, well there's a lot of medium flex rackets that will work well for singles. I have a Head M8k that is medium flex and is a nice racket. Same with the Carlton VT Tour - similar specs to the Head. If you like head-heaviness, the Armortecs will be up your alley.