Miss Earth 2009 Group 1 delegates playing badminton at the Yonex Badminton Center

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by flyingfox, Nov 12, 2009.

1. flyingfox

flyingfox Regular Member

2. FEND.

FEND. Regular Member

Full Time Badmintoncentral.com/forums camper. Part
    That was too painful to watch.

3. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Nothing wrong with the video, it is great...who's eyes are following the birdies anyway when the real birds that are playing are an eyeful...if you want to watch the boring stuff like dive, smash, drop, netplay, techniques and all, then go watch LD and LCW....hehehe!!!:p;):D

4. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    Beauties play badminton with press
    Malaya - Jan 05 6:36 AM

Trading their dresses and high heels for a racket and a shuttlecock, 25 Miss Earth candidates joined the 2009 Nesvita Fun Badminton Tournament at the Yonex Philippines Badminton Club in Mandaluyong City.

The international beauties bared their rarely seen sporty side as they partnered with and competed against the local press corps, which included Francis Raña of Cinema News, Alert Melba Lllanera of Pep.ph and Nympha Miano-Ang of Bulgar.

The tournament is part of Nesvita’s thrust to promote the health and wellness lifestyle to adult women, and the candidates proved they are good role models.

While Miss Earth candidates are not given any pageant points for winning here, they still played with unfailing enthusiasm. Candidates like Miss Earth-Japan Takada Tomomi and Pakistan’s Ayesha Gilani even took off their non-athletic shoes and eagerly did their warm-ups barefoot on the club’s matted floor.

There was no common language for some of the Miss Earth candidates, but the speech barrier disappeared as they started playing on the court.

"Some of them could barely communicate verbally with their badminton partners or their opponents, but they just played on. They just had too much fun to worry about understanding each other’s words," says Gerard Poa, Nesvita Consumer Marketing Manager.

Flashes of their competitive streak also showed through. This was exemplified by Miss Earth-Australia Melinda Heffernan, whose lively and spirited manner both on and off the court earned her the Miss Nesvita Beautiful Inside and Out award.

"I had so much fun here playing badminton with my fellow candidates. I’m not really not an athlete, but I like doing exercises and engaging in sports," shares Heffernan.

Other candidates stood out for their own energetic performances as well. Miss Earth-Latvia Diana Kubasova won Miss Nesvita Pro-Digestion Smoothest Moves award, Miss Earth-South Africa Chanel Grantham got the Miss Nesvita Pro-Weight Management Light On Her Feet award, Miss Earth-Israel Noy Michaelov captured the Miss Nesvita Pro-Heart Most Courageous and Miss Earth-Georgia Nonna Diakonidze copped the Miss Nesvita Pro-Bone Protection Power Smash Award.

5. psychophant

psychophant Regular Member

Pedicurist
    what badminton?

all i saw was chicks in pink hot pants. :eek: