Looking for a thread

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Arief, Nov 13, 2009.

1. Arief

Arief Regular Member

Hi.. I'm currently looking for a BC thread that discuss about Zhao Jianhua and Yang yang. the thread contains article about China's badminton in the past before they open up to the world. It mentioned something about Icuk being thrashed by Zhao Jianhua and stuff. I've read it here a few years back.

I've tried the search function and read all the resulting threads.. but still can't find the thread. anyone can help? thanks

2. event

event Regular Member

I'm wondering if you're not thinking about Tang Xinhua, not Zhao Jianhua. Check out this thread, which talks of Tang beating Denmark's Erland Kops 15-0, 15-0 and that was when China wasn't playing in Europe. Zhao was only 17 in 1982, when China started playing the All England so I doubt he was beating Icuk in 1981 (i.e. before China 'opened up'). See this thread, too.

3. Arief

Arief Regular Member

I'm quite sure the thread talks about Zhao Jianhua and Yang Yang, because the name Tang Xinhua does not ring any bell.

The thread also mentioned about the Indonesian team being invited to play a friendly game with China, and they got beaten. One of the Indonesian top player didn't make the trip, with some alleged him of being afraid to get beaten.

Thanks for your reply tho.. those are nice threads as well to read about past China players..