Victor SuperWave 33,35,36

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by cayzi, Nov 14, 2009.

1. cayzi

cayzi Regular Member

Hi!

I just looked at Victor international page and any of this racket except 33 is not listed on this page.

Are this a new racket or just not available in EUROPE.

Where can I buy sw35 or sw36 or where can I check their specifications.

Regards

2. roy b

roy b Regular Member

cayzi,

Victor's various sites are notorious useless. None of them (except maybe the Chinese language sites) appear to give information about the full range of Victor gear).

For information about racquets and specs, I'd search on Badminton Central - everything you need is here for all the racquets - specs, reviews, photos. Honestly - just use the search function above.

As for availability, I'd contact the company (see victor-international site) and they should tell you what racquets are available in the EU and where to buy in your country.

If not satisfied, still consider the Kason I previously recommended. There is a safe reliable seller I mentioned who I'm sure could arrange delivery.

3. cayzi

cayzi Regular Member

Thanks Roy_b.

Currently my choices are Yonex AT900T, Arc 10 , Nanospeed 8000, Head PowerHelix 8000 and Victors racket.

I agree that some of this racket are complicity different characteristic but Victor looks like good choice specially Sw35 gets a lot of good reviews.

I will see. Thanks for now.

Regards

4. limak

limak Regular Member

Due to Victor market policy, there are two separate pipelines of their products (incl. rackets) for Asia and for the rest of the world (I don´t know exact borders of these markets). There is some overlap between them:
    -PowerWaves 11, 12 marketed as Ripple Power 11, 12 in Europe
    -SuperWaves 31, 32, 33 marketed as Super Inside Wave in Europe
    -Brave Sword 08, 09 available on both markets
    -Total Inside Wave 4800, 5000, 6000, 6500, etc. marketed only in Europe
    -new Strut line and Density XT both marketed only in Europe
    -closed Dual Pipe line was marketed only in Europe
    -SuperNano line marketed only in Asia - but now ProNano 3 is coming to Europe
    -top level rackets: BS10, BS11, SW35, SW36 are now marketed only in Asia

IMO Victor "separate product line" market policy weakens now as product overlap is growing. But it´s only my personal speculation.

5. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

I can't understand this either - with the Yonex dominance broken for the time being the door is wide open. Victor's sponsorship of Korea makes their position even stronger, and yet UK gets NONE of the top-end Victor stuff - we don't have Braveswords or Super Waves, for example; can't they just sell ALL their rackets EVERYWHERE?:mad:

6. roy b

roy b Regular Member

Mark,

Some Braveswords and SIW's are available on UK e-shops like Sweatband and Central Sports but it's a little thin on the ground isn't it.

It still amazes me that when I go to the homeland (I'm an ex-pat Yorkie - maybe why I sometimes come across a bit blunt;)) I trawl the sports shops and all I come across is a sea of Carlton's and Yonex's, with the occasional low-end Wilson. It's pathetic. Really, the Victor's, Kason/Li Ning's of this world should make more of a showing here............. or is the EU market just too small for them to bother ????

7. limak

limak Regular Member

It´s a good question for Victor big bosses. Traditionally Europe Victor (with its headquarters in Germany) has operated with some independence. They were times when they presented themselves as German company. But what seemed as advantage in the past seems as drawback today...