Yang Yang 30B and Hoang Yen A5

Discussion in 'Shuttlecock' started by Kiradi, Nov 15, 2009.

1. Kiradi

Kiradi Regular Member

Can anybody give me their preferences on these shuttle cocks please? I'm trying to chose between the two, for 10 doz of the Yang Yang 30B I will pay 110$ USD (including shipping) and for the 10 doz of Hoag Yen A5 I will pay about 120$ USD (including shipping) So please give me your opinions on these feathered birds if you have tried them / played with them before.

Thanks you all

2. singnflip4life

singnflip4life Regular Member

Full Time Med Student
    I'd say Yang Yang. Hoang Yen last half a game (a dozen points) even when hydrated, and they don't even fly that well. Yang Yang fly decently, but last a full set when hydrated.

But I say Aeroplane black. even though 110USD will only get you 5 doz from shuttles.com, it is well worth it, as long as you steam them or hydrate them. My one tube of Aeroplane black is only half gone, while I've gone through 3 tubes of my Yang Yangs, and I've played the same amount of matches. It makes me regret getting the Yang Yang, even though they were a ridiculously good deal.

3. Karakalkat

Karakalkat Regular Member

Distributor for Karakal
    Hoang Yen A-5 is made in Vietnam and I use them everyday of the week with good luck...almost always last me a full set and more...
    They are not as stable as the expensive shuttlecock (costing twice the price) but for club play I dont care...

For tournaments and high level games we use the Hoang Yen Sp Blue which plays the same as Victor Green...This is by far the best shuttlecock from this factory...

4. Kiradi

Kiradi Regular Member

Uh...... So which do I go for? does it help that I live in Canada therefor going for the bird with higher durability ? :S Oh! and I forgot to mention, i'm using these birds for practice and recreational play =)

5. Kiradi

Kiradi Regular Member

It is not Yang Yang 300B, 30B is the tournament grade I think, this is the training grade shuttlecocks, not very well known that's why i'm asking for both, I've heard of the Yang Yang shuttlecocks but not this grade before. And I've never heard of Hoang Yen

#5 Kiradi, Nov 16, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2009
  6. nosebleed

nosebleed Regular Member

Does anyone know where you can get Hoang Yen special blue shuttlecock?