German Open Finals!

Discussion in 'Jonas Rasmussen Forum' started by JR, Nov 11, 2002.

1. JR

JR Regular Member

Professional Badmintonplayer
    Hi Everyone!!

First of all, thank you for your support and the congratulations!!

It means a lot to me to know that you follow my results and you cheer for me, hopefully!!

I´ve had 3 great weeks of tournaments in Holland, Denmark and Germany. During these 3 three weeks I haven´t been able to find time to update both my site and this forum, sorry!!

German Open:

Topseeded in a tournament always puts a little bit more pressure on you because everybody espects you to do well and win the tournament. Therefore I´m really happy to win the mens doubles title in Germany.

The first two rounds we met two german pairings which fought hard but we won in straight sets.

In the quarterfinal we faced compatriots Jesper Larsen and Jesper Christensen and we didn´t know what to espect from this match. We won with 10 and 10 and this boosted our confindence a lot for the two last matches.

Semifinal against Pukhov/Zuev from Russia who beated Peter Steffensen and Thomas Laybourn from Denmark we faced a tough opponent on paper. The match turned out to be onesided and we won 15/1 15/2.

Sunday we played Jim Laugesen and Michael Soegaard in the final of German Open. The first set was dominated by them and we made too many easy mistakes. 8-8 in the second set we got our game turned on and from there we only gave 7 points in the rest of the match. The result was 10/15 15/9 15/6.

In the mix-tournament, Rikke and I, had a 5th seeding and faced Ingo Kindervater and Caren Huekstadt of Germany in the first round which we won in two sets.
    Next we played a french pair in the second round winning again in two sets.
    In the quarterfinal we received a walkover because Nicol Pitro was both sick and injured at the same time.

Chris Bruil and Lotta Jonathans from Holland was our next opponent in the semifinal. We met last week in Realkredit Danmark Open where we won with 7 and 4. This time they put up a good fight and played a lot better than the last time. The match tipped to us in the last set at the score 8/6. We kept calm and waited for our chance to win and took it. We won 11/6 3/11 11/6.

The final was against Anggun and Eny from Indonesia. I think it was their first major final and they seemed a little nervous from the start which we took advantage of. Winning the first set 11/0 and leading 4/0 in the second their started playing a little better but we had the match under control by then. The result was 11/0 11/6.

All in all a great tournament for me!!!

I want to congratulate Niels-Christian Kaldau for his victory in German Open also!! Well done Kaldau!!

Many Regards

Jonas Rasmussen

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Jonas, you are back! yes. congratulations! must be a great feeling to win a double crown.

You and Rikke is a relatively new pairing, and you guys is already winning major tournaments. Rikke is one of the best and most experienced mixed doubles partners in the circuit, i have seen her play mixed doubles and winning WGPF as far back as 1996. i think the only lady in the world who can match her in terms of skills will be Ra KyungMin.

playing with such a good player, do you feel any difference in playing with her vs. your previous mixed doubles partners? with time, i think you two will be a formiddable pairing in the international circuit. are there still aspect of the game that you guys think you need to adjusted? do you think you will have a fair chance at the world championship coming up next year?

3. FCOX

FCOX New Member

Sales Manager and badminton judge
    Nice seeing you again

Hi Jonas,

It was nice to see you again after such a long time. Congrats again on your two titles. I had hoped that your website would be in Danish and German, so I could translate it for you in Dutch, English and French (with some help from friends) but unfortunately most of it is in Danish, a language I don't speak. I will try to help you out though, as promised. Good luck on the rest of the tour and we'll see each other again at the Sudirman Cup, next spring.

Rgds,

Freek