Panda Power Racquets review

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by 7SamuraiX, Nov 16, 2009.

1. 7SamuraiX

7SamuraiX Regular Member

I feel this should b the official thread for review of the panda power racquets ^_^

anyway, here goes

Time and date: 12pm 16/11/09
    Place: North Harbour Badminton Centre

Racquets tested: Trinity 87.3g 28lb, Ultra2 88g 30lb, Ultra2 86.7g 27lb
    Note: Only the ultra2 86.7g had its plastic wrap still on)
    Players: Joe P, me, jhirata, another friend from my high school

Thanks to Joe P for providing the racquets to test

Review:
    we started off with hitting clears. I started with the ultra2 86.7g. it did take some time to adjust to the racquet though it could be my lack of skills. i noticed the sound of the strings which joe said was strung with ashaway zymax62 (joe, correct me if i m wrong). Once i got used to the timing, hits felt nice and crisp, and could easily push shots to the back. Smash were nice and crisp with a nice sound to it.
    Then tested the ultra 88g. Smashes were loud and powerful.(must remember to call it the boomstick =P)Defense was lacking as it was harder to manuver than my AT900T (88g). Was very hard to block when praticing smash blocking with my friend.

We decided to play a doubles game with me and jhirata against joe and my friend.
    1st game, my friend - trinity 87.3g, me - ultra2 86.7g, jhirata - ultra2 88g, joe - unknown (i think it was at800of)
    The ultra2 86.7g felt suprisingly more manuverable in comparison to its 88g brethen. While i was at the net, it did quite well in net play and lifts. it was easy to play cross net shots. Clears were good and smashing power comparable to my AT900T though it could be just my technique which i nid to improve..however, smashing felt noticeably reduced compared to 88g.
    Result, me n jhirata lost to joe n my friend...:crying:

2nd game my friend - ultra2 86.7g, me - ultra 88g, jhirata - trinity 87.3g, joe - unknown
    As stated before, smashes were loud n powerful but net shots were a little harder to control. Midway i exchanged racquets wif jhirata and got the trinity.
    Trinity - FAST!:eek: on the 1st time i attempted a smash, i swung too fast and missed the shuttle too early. on the second, could barely pass as a smash.. it did take a few tries before i got used to the timing. Net shots were tighter than the ultra2 86.7g. It was very easy to swing and was almost effortless to use. Hits however were felt to have less power than the ultra2 tho
    Result.. another loss T.T nuu :crying:

3rd - just played around with the racquets. i went back to the ultra2 86.7.

Overall, my opnion: ultra 88g was a very head heavy racquet with good hard hitting abilities but not so good in defense. 86.7g was more balanced in offense/defense and was closer to all rounder that the other racquets. Trinity was very fast, and nippy, felt more defensive racquet. i feel a middle weight ultra2 will be best for me as i seek a all rounded playing style.

Disclaimer: i amd just a average player, NOT a professional one (tho hopefully working to become one :cool:) so do take my opnions with a pinch of salt

jhirata, ur turn! ^_^

PS: oh, colour was nice. though i feel dere could be better colours to pick besides purple for the ultra, dark blue maybe?
    Trinity prob takes the prize for best looking racquet of the panda power range

@Joe P, jhirata, if i make any mistakes in this review, do let me know, been writing it late at night ><

#1 7SamuraiX, Nov 16, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2009
  2. jhirata

jhirata Regular Member

Okay uh, overall, I'm impressed by both racquets but I can't give a detailed review because we only tested them for an hour.
    The Ultra II at 27lbs still felt more forgiving and flexier than the 2U TC700 which isn't exactly what I expected.
    The Trinity I tried was lighter and with Zm62 at 27lbs, it felt like as if it's "the best racquet in the world" to me: clearing/smashing/etc felt "effortless" and powerful, but I'd rather try it out with BG65 instead because the zymax62 strings were just too repulsive. Anyway, two thumbs up for the combination of ZM62 and the "Panda" racquets for now.

And IMHO, these racquets should be purchased first + have multiple testing sessions before a detailed review is given.

/J

3. Blurry D

Blurry D Regular Member

Corporate Strategy
    Hey lets consolidate all the panda reviews.. we dont want to confuse people in BC

4. y_o_n_e_x_m_a_n

y_o_n_e_x_m_a_n Regular Member

it would be nice if there is some pictures to share :D

i have no idea how a panda racket looks like :confused:

i heard many good reviews about this racket :)

5. 7SamuraiX

7SamuraiX Regular Member

6. y_o_n_e_x_m_a_n

y_o_n_e_x_m_a_n Regular Member

i checked it out, the picture was not that clear i would say

i was hoping to get a nice close up, wanna see how's the paint job been done :D

anyway, this Panda brand was manufactured and produced by Dink :confused:

7. kokmengng

kokmengng Regular Member

Anywhere i can buy Panda rackets in Malaysia?

8. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member