How to handle inner presure?

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by PekingDuck, Nov 16, 2009.

1. PekingDuck

PekingDuck New Member

Student
    Dear bc-Users,

i just want to ask this: how to change your mind from à "Must Win" into à "Play ALSO with Fun"?
    Iam 17 yo and had today a competition where i played awfull. I have no problems to lose when i played well. i faced a Opponent which was not rly better than me but i played crap because i was getting stressed because of this "Must Win" attitude.
    So my problem comes now: i play 4-5 times à week so iam putting rly much into badminton. So my mind says : u have already invest so much into training that u have to win and proof yourself that you are good. But this makes me under pressure. So how do you guys fackle this mental problem??

Greetings PekingDuck

#1 PekingDuck, Nov 16, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2009
  2. Furtil

Furtil Regular Member

student
    The more you ponder about it the more pressure you will create. There is only one purpose: to have a good rally for every rally. That means don't rush to win or dwell on the possible outcomes and consequences. The mindset would be play to prove your skills.

3. thlim78

thlim78 Regular Member

honestly, any good suggestions how to overcome this physchological problem?

4. Furtil

Furtil Regular Member

student
    You are asking for a drug name confidence. Sadly, that doesn't come in pills. You're only empowering this situation by using this "physiological problem" as a blame (weren't you talking about pressure? that is mental or psychological not physiological; physiological is where you go to a doctor). Surely you do realize everyone goes through this to some extent.

5. gingerphil79

gingerphil79 Regular Member

Sports massage therapist
    there wil be times you will lose mate, so dont get hooked up on trying or have to win!! Even Lin dan loses. Focus more on the fact that you practice a lot and therefore this means you are the best prepared you can be for any given situation.

Focus on the point not the score.You must believe, honestly believe that when the pressure is on, you play better, u play ur best. That pressure makes u great. Pressure affects you in whateva way you want it to. Some players believe, am al nervous, so il play crap while others believe am al nervous, so its means am ready to play!

I love pressure, I love the thought that every1 wil think il mess up so i prove them wrong. This is what lance armstrong does (tour de france winner 7 times). He believes that every1 thinks he cant do, that he wil fail so he goes out der and proves them wrong!!