Helllo =]

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by crzymunky21, Nov 16, 2009.

1. crzymunky21

crzymunky21 New Member

So I just wanted to say hi and after looking around on this forum, people seem to be very nice and helpful =]

I had one question so I'll just put it in with my intro. I'm just starting badminton and I wanted to get a racket, nothing to expensive. I was looking at the Muscle Power 22 Lightweight Badminton and the description seemed to match what I like to do =]. Is that considered a good beginner's racket or could I could for something better?

Thank you in advance as always and I hope to contribute a lot to this forum =]

2. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^Welcome..^^

..to BCDF, crzymunky21!:)..If you just started playing baddy, there's not really a "good badminton racket", unless you want something light and flexible. Yes, that racket or any "cheap" racket would suffice. As the more you progress, you could try and find out other inexpensive rackets might suit you better...
    Anyway, keep visiting us & enjoy surfing in here!;):cool:

3. crzymunky21

crzymunky21 New Member

i've been playing with the b-500 because the rec center at my school has those and I just wanted a racket to call my own. is there a major difference when u change rackets? is there a place on this forum where all the lingo is explained? like crosscourt net shot or head weight frame? that response was so fast 0_o..

thank you in advance as always =]

4. kakinami

kakinami Regular Member

Where do you live, maybe someone can point you to a club or pro shop in your area, many places to play in CA!!!
    Good luck!!

5. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

to answer your 2 queries:
    - There's a very slight difference when you change rackets. From iso frame to oval frame and vice versa; from head heavy vs. head light rackets; from longer length and shorter length; from stiff to mid-flexible and flexible shafts; then there's the type of string used and tensions of the string...and many others.
    - Yes, there's a section called the Badminton Equipments Forum: Equipments & Rackets recommendation sections where you can read all the fun infos as well as the lingos on rackets. I suggest to read or skim over the sticky threads. Plenty of infos for you to digest.

Most important of all, though, learn the techniques, enjoy and keep playing.:cool:

6. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

hello..welcome to the forum!:)

7. singnflip4life

singnflip4life Regular Member

Full Time Med Student
    Welcome to BCDF ^_^ whereabouts in Cali are you? I'm always willing to help out a new and fledgling baddy player, though I'm not an extremely good player myself, I sure can point you in the right direction, and am always willing to let people try out my rackets. ^_^