Carton Vapour trail tour/elite or Arcsaber Z-slash?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by shot3gun, Nov 16, 2009.

1. shot3gun

shot3gun Regular Member

I am a power player (mainly doubles), and I use more wrist action rather than a long swinging smash. I also like playing drops very much as well as net shots (so control over power), but I prefer a slight head heavy racket.

Which racket should be good for me? Vapour trail tour, elite, or Z slash?

Oh and, I've just read the reviews here, I haven't tried out either racket :/

2. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    Shotegun

You've got to test these racquets! No-one on this forum can help you because we're not you. We don't play like you and have the same feel as you for a racquet.

Please, just test them, and many more racquets and make your own mind up.

I've reviewed the Yonex range of racquets although I don't think my reviews will help you much. However, you can see them at www.badminton-coach.co.uk

Best wishes

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

3. Easy Tiger

Easy Tiger Regular Member

Bum
    Paul, it's impossible to get the Carlton out side of Europe. I got mine sight-unseen from the UK.

Lucky me, I have both, so I can give some impressions. They're actually reasonably similar despite the fact the Carlton is Medium flex and the ZS, stiff. I don't find the Z that stiff myself. Neither are head heavy either, however my Z is heavier than the VT and although it is heavier, it's marginally faster than the VT. The VT feels quick because it's slightly more headlight and ten grams lighter. The Z packs a bigger punch, but as you've probably read, it's not a super forgiving racket.

I'd actually consider looking at the Armortec 900 Technique if I was you.

It ticks all your boxes, it's head heavy, it's fast around the court, packs a good punch, and is very forgiving and easy to like.

4. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    Easy Tiger

Good point!

I think the AT900 Technique is a seriously underrated racquet. When I was initially choosing a racquet, this is the one racquet I came back to time and again.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

5. andy nade

andy nade Regular Member

student
    hi

i have both rackets, got my z slash yesterday and im goin to try it tonight, u dont need lots wrist to swing the z slash it breaks trough the air pretty easy with no problem but when you swin the carlto vapour elite your wrist gets tired easy and you can feel you have got lots weight in your hand, the z slash has got longer shift which means more power.

personaly i fink the carlto vapour elit is not good racket at all but obviously everybody has got different opinion.

thanks

6. shot3gun

shot3gun Regular Member

IS the vtt a doubles oriented or singles oriented racket?

7. Easy Tiger

Easy Tiger Regular Member

Bum
    It's an all-rounder.