eagnas Stringing machine

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by txyu, Nov 11, 2002.

1. txyu

txyu Regular Member

Manager Fitness Facility
    anyone ever try these stringers???

Just wanted some info other than what they say themselves.

I'm looking to purchase one.

Thanks

2. clifflim

clifflim Regular Member

Hawk 15 stringing machine

I bought a Hawk 15 stringing machine from Eagnas recently as it was cheap ie only USD65. But after using it I would advise anyone against it and buy a more expensive machine. The gripper doesn't work well and tends to spoil the strings. I had to wrap a piece of rubber around it. Busted 2 sets of strings before I figure out the rubber solution. Secondly it doesn't come with a clutch or rachet so you need to have a good estimate to get the weight close to the horizontal postiion.

Will save some $$ to get a Gamma machine whcih cost twice the amount of the Hawk 15. Anyone else out there have a similar experience?

3. malayali

malayali Regular Member

namaskaaram..
    which model are you looking into buying ???

4. Viper2005

Viper2005 Regular Member

Play Badminton Everyday!
    Get the ST-200

I bought the ST-200 3 months ago and it is working very well. Plus if you string about 30 racket at $10 each, you'll have paid for the machine. So far, I have strung about 150 rackets and have more than enought money to buy another string machine. If you're a beginner stringer, I'd recommend the ST-200 for sure. You can upgrade later once you become a professional racket stringer.
    Good luck and choose wisely.

5. clifflim

clifflim Regular Member

Gamma X2. It's a basic machine but I what I need is one with a rachet gripper. I am in NZ and the shipping kills me :( Hopefully can earn enough money from stringing to buy a better one later.