Chinese National Team

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by bigredlemon, Nov 11, 2002.

1. bigredlemon

bigredlemon Regular Member

Does any else find it funny that the chinese national team buys enough racquets to have its own distribution code?

2. modious

modious Regular Member

U got it wrong. CP/CN rackets are MADE FOR the Chinese National Team players.

Yonex itself decides what codes they want and like Kwun says ----> that's the reason why these CN/CP rackets aren't known to the public. all the rackets that we managed to purchase are "leaked" out. Yonex does not acknowledge the existence of these rackets.

Seems wierd really... but fact is, they're sturdier than other codes and can withstand higher tension. BUT they're usually heavier and/or stiffer.... so for example, an MP100 CN may not suit someone who prefers... say... the SP version.

And as I've said in other threads, this debate will never end. Either you try it out yourself to know the difference, or just simply wonder whether it's true or not. You can't dismiss it because you've not even tried it before..... and those who've used a JP, CN/CP version can surely testify it's more durable though it's usually slightly heavier and stiffer.

I'm one person who deosn't like the MP100 CN. I prefer the HK or SP version.

3. bigredlemon

I think you misunderstood me. I never mentioned anything about which racquet is better. I said that the chinese national team buys so many racquets that Yonex feels they should have their own distribution code. Note that no other country's team has their own distribution code. As you pointed out, they have CN and CP... thats two distribution codes.... and all of south east asia only has one!!!

4. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Yonex sponsors the China team.

That implies the team get the racquets supplied i.e. no need to buy the racquets.

Or you could regard the racquets almost as 'special order'.

You'll have to access Yonex's classified file to work out why they have different country codes :)

5. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Consider Chinese national team is 1 of the most dominate "force" in badminton tourments, maybe Yonex brought out "CN/CP" just go show the specialty of its products. It's always an honor to use the best player/team to represent sports related products.

for example- air jordan for Nike

6. Winex West Can

Winex West Can Regular Member

Hi Tech
    Doesn't Yonex sponsors the whole Indonesia team too? Would think that it would mean sense for them to also create a special code for Indonesia too

;)

7. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
  8. bigredlemon

Yonex didn't technically say that.. they said
    "produce and sell rackets marked "cn"or "dk"."

its true that they do not produce *AND* sell these rackets. They are not denying they produce them at all, just that they do both production and sales of the racquet.

I'm sure you can think of a suitable Clinton reference ;)

9. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    haha. :eek: good observation both WWC and BRL, there is a reason i am not in marketing and not a politician. :)