User Tag List

Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    133
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Advertising on Clothing

    Where can I find the BWF rules on adververtising on clothes. Lots of entries refer to them but I can't find the details thanks

  2. #2
    Regular Member demolidor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    @Hollanti
    Posts
    11,734
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    General competition regulations, rule/regulation 23.
    Last edited by demolidor; 11-18-2009 at 07:00 AM.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    133
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Where can I find that ? the document I found inly goes up to section 17 so I guess I'm looking at the wrong thing

  4. #4
    Regular Member demolidor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    @Hollanti
    Posts
    11,734
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Baddersmum View Post
    Where can I find that ? the document I found inly goes up to section 17 so I guess I'm looking at the wrong thing
    Part III, section 1: http://www.internationalbadminton.or....aspx?id=10513

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    TW, SG, HK
    Posts
    7,313
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don't understand that table I got told off for advertising on my shirt but I just ignore them everytime I enter. It annoys them a lot but I do not wear that top anymore I grew out of it

  6. #6
    Regular Member demolidor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    @Hollanti
    Posts
    11,734
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    I don't understand that table I got told off for advertising on my shirt but I just ignore them everytime I enter. It annoys them a lot but I do not wear that top anymore I grew out of it
    I agree some things just don't make sense there, like:

    "Each advertisement must be 20 square centimetres or less." Goes for the front one as well. 4x5 cm!? Gade's sponsor logo must be four times the size! At least.

    "Each sock and each shoe may carry two advertisements of 20 square centimetres or less." A 4x5 ad on your shoe!? Maybe Shaquille O'neal.

    Yet you can have:
    "23.6.1 Member Associations may use an area not exceeding fifty square centimeters on their players’ shorts or lower part of dresses or skirts."
    Fifty square cm on your short!

    Got a pic of your old top then?

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    TW, SG, HK
    Posts
    7,313
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by demolidor View Post
    I agree some things just don't make sense there, like:

    "Each advertisement must be 20 square centimetres or less." Goes for the front one as well. 4x5 cm!? Gade's sponsor logo must be four times the size! At least.

    "Each sock and each shoe may carry two advertisements of 20 square centimetres or less." A 4x5 ad on your shoe!? Maybe Shaquille O'neal.

    Yet you can have:
    "23.6.1 Member Associations may use an area not exceeding fifty square centimeters on their players’ shorts or lower part of dresses or skirts."
    Fifty square cm on your short!

    Got a pic of your old top then?
    I probaly could get one if I fix the camera it was on the old yonex top
    (the White one with the red lines at each side of the shirt ) it wasn't even a big sponsor it was just the fact that whoever sponsored the tournament didn't want other people advertising which sucked
    But the good thing was they always had to let me play with that top because I would always say to them " fine , do you want me to play with no top on then ?"

  8. #8
    Regular Member demolidor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    @Hollanti
    Posts
    11,734
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    I probaly could get one if I fix the camera it was on the old yonex top
    (the White one with the red lines at each side of the shirt ) it wasn't even a big sponsor it was just the fact that whoever sponsored the tournament didn't want other people advertising which sucked
    But the good thing was they always had to let me play with that top because I would always say to them " fine , do you want me to play with no top on then ?"
    Haha, well if your sponsor wasn't a competitor of one of theirs they really can't say much anyway.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    TW, SG, HK
    Posts
    7,313
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by demolidor View Post
    Haha, well if your sponsor wasn't a competitor of one of theirs they really can't say much anyway.
    my sponsor at the time had nothing to do with badminton whatsoever

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    133
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Thanks. Am I reading them correctly that the “10cm band” is the only advertisement allowed on the back of the shirt.

    Some of the logos I see look bigger than that

Similar Threads

  1. very surprised to see advertising
    By Cheung in forum Macau Open GP Gold / Korea GP Gold / India GP 2011
    Replies: 0
    : 11-12-2011, 10:33 AM
  2. advertising in BC/BF/BR...
    By kwun in forum General Forum
    Replies: 9
    : 06-01-2004, 01:49 AM
  3. no advertising in BF
    By Scanner in forum Market Place
    Replies: 0
    : 09-24-2003, 08:30 PM
  4. no commercial advertising
    By swijaya0101 in forum Market Place
    Replies: 0
    : 04-15-2003, 03:30 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •