The most durable shuttle

Discussion in 'Shuttlecock' started by GarlicJoe, Nov 13, 2002.

1. GarlicJoe

GarlicJoe Regular Member

Drone
    All manufacturers and models taken in regard, which one lasts the longest ?

Give your opinion.

2. modious

modious Regular Member

I've used before many brands and types of shuttles.

The 2 most DURABLE shuttles I've tried are C.N Alpha Gold and Yonex AS-50. Both also has consistent flight patterns.

But in THEORY, the best shuttle is supposedly the Yonex Tournament Shuttles (aka F-90)
    http://www.shuttle-house.com/Mail-Order/catalog/02-yonex/badminton/02yo-45.htm
    http://www.shuttle-house.com/Mail-Order/catalog/02-yonex/badminton/02yo-46.htm

I've not tried it before because it's bloody expensive! S$62 which is about US$35!!

But I've seen the Korean team using it when they were in Singapore warming up and stroking in SBA, level 3, during the Singapore Open. It seems to be VERY durable as the Korean team just used 1 shuttle for at least 30 mins I believe. Kim Dong Moon and Yoo Yong Sung were smashing pretty hard definately!

Wanted to just run and grab a shuttle when they were not looking.... but decided against it!! :eek:

3. GarlicJoe

GarlicJoe Regular Member

Drone
    yes, yes.. very interesting,. I read about these shuttles in an earlier thread on this forum. Lots of questions arises though..

How can this series be translated to the Yonex AS-series shuttles ?

Are they perhaps special purpose shuttles ?

In what regards is the F-90 comparable to the AS-50 ? Is it better overall? If so, how come they aren't used as much as the AS-50 in the top tournaments (perhaps they are?...)

Where can these be bought? (or can they ??) . Preferably in europe. Would be nice to test them. :)

PS. I'll post my own initial finding of shuttle durability soon in this thread.

4. MikeJ

MikeJ Regular Member

IT Consultant
    Aeroplane G1130 (pointed feathers) and RSL Tourney #1. Those are my favorite shuttles. Very durable and very reasonably priced (here in Manila at least) compared to Yonex. :D

5. GarlicJoe

GarlicJoe Regular Member

Drone
    Alright,

I've tried each of these shuttlecocks: RSL Tourney Classic, RSL Tourney No.1 and Yonex AS-40 and I'd rate them as follows:

AS-40: 8/10
    Classic: 7/10
    No.1: 5/10

To make a better comparison, I'd have to order more packages of each and also try to get them from a different supplier as there might be difference in how long and how they've been stored before I bought them.. ahh, another time.