Asian clothing sizes

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by dawei94, Nov 19, 2009.

1. dawei94

dawei94 Regular Member

Student
    My friend's dad is currently in China and I would like for him to bring back some Li Ning shirts. However, i'm unsure about size. I am an American large, and I have been told to go one size up for clothes from Asia. However, I have a 2008 Adidas Olympic shirt in XL, and its slightly tight. I looked up the measurements for American large, and it says chest is 106. The only place where i have found size measurements for the Li Ning shirt is here: http://www.moresales.com.my/catalog/entry/ykhrxfbd.shtml
    And it says that XL would be 106 as well. However, I'm unsure whether to trust the accuracy of these measurements, as I haven't seen them anywhere else. Any help?
    I ALMOST definitely can't try them on (almost because my local club started selling some other li ning shirts, but i'm not sure if they americanized sizing or whether or not i can even try on before i buy)

2. singnflip4life

singnflip4life Regular Member

Full Time Med Student
    Well, I'm a large here in the US as well (40-42 inch chest) and when I got shirts with my Zelm rackets, the Singapore XL size fit exactly the same as the US Large, even a little big at times. So the Singapore XL is perfect for US Large. Hope that helps a bit.

Another thing you could try to see is if your friend's dad is similar in size to you, I'm sure if he's coming back to the US, that means he has clothes here in the US.